Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Mock Draft Information

btw. You can watch Mark Jean-Gilles on ABC now he the left guard with #74

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i think max jean-gilles would be a good pick, he is a dominant type of lineman that can bully a d-lineman around
    I m Down For A Boat Party

straight_party.tripod.com

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Lendale White, Maroney, and or Deangelo WIlliams will be avaiable when its our turn, I promise you that, will we take them? IDK.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Blog Entries

I think it comes down to Maroney or Max Jean-Gilles.. but we could also draft Winston JUstice OT or Justin Blalock, can play both OG and OT

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

If we don't get a good FA back then I'd love to get DeAngelo Williams some how. That kid is a beast!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Blog Entries

I think DeAngelo goes top 15.. at least.. But Maroney and White will be on the board when we pick..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Prophet Guest

Mock Draft:
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

LAURENCE MARONEY--Vikings pick @ #17

It is easy to blame the teams extreme drop-off in offensive production on the loss of Randy Moss and while that was a factor you'd be remiss not to note the lack of a running game as well. Basically the team doesn't have a runner who they can give the ball to 20-25 times a game and have carry the load. Michael Bennett will be a free agent who is not likely to return, Mewelde Moore is injury-prone and best suited for a 3rd down or situational role, Moe Williams is only a short yardage runner at this point and the jury is still out on Ciatrick Fason. An extremely productive and explosive runner who is a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball, Maroney would give this offense exactly what they need. Don't discount the goodwill that bringing in a local star would create among the fan base either after the tumultuous year the franchise has had both on and off the field. Linebacker is also a pressing concern for the Vikings, but adding a premier running back would be just what the doctor ordered to restore the luster to what was known as a one of the most dangerous offense in the league not all that long ago.

Strengths:
    A big play threat who can take it the distance from any point on the field...Has been extremely productive at the college level...Patient runner with excellent vision and instincts...Does a good job of following his blockers...Explosive with a strong lower body and the ability to break tackles...Has an extra gear and is much faster than his forty time would lead you to believe...Can also return kicks.

Weaknesses:
    Doesn't have the size you would like to see in a feature back...Hands are questionable at best and he was not used much as a receiver in college...Isn't a physical runner and prefers to shy away from contact...Plays in a system that is conducive to running backs producing big numbers...Didn't carry the load until the '05 season after splitting time with Marion Barber III...Hails from a program known for great college runners who failed to make much of an impact in the pros.

Notes:
    A prolific college running back who might not be quite the pro prospect his press clippings would lead you to believe...There is a lot to like about this guy, but when you factor in his size, receiving abilities and the system he plays in there are certainly some things that concern you as well...Let the buyer beware.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12