Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: MOCK DRAFT I would love to see happen for Vikes.

I think that Charlie Whitehurst is the guy...after all, his dad was once a great QB for the Packers...OK, maybe not GREAT :lol: but he was a starter for them!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

:roll:

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Very solid picks.Not sold on Croyle yet tho, still think hes gonna have issues down the line with hes knees and such.But good mock none the less.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Very solid picks.Not sold on Croyle yet tho, still think hes gonna have issues down the line with hes knees and such.But good mock none the less.

Also he has had shoulder problems.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

I'm with some of you guys that think they don't need two o-lineman early but there is a lot of room for o-linemen on the roster. Don't be suprised at all if they take one early, if they stay put that is and don't trade up.

Aslo don't be shocked at all if one of the vets gets cut before the season starts. I doubt they keep Whittle, Lewinski, Rosenthal, Herrera, and Goldburg. If the guys are just there for depth you really are better off having at least one of them replaced with a young player to develop. I think the guy that end up being rated the lowest out of those five loses his roster spot to a rookie.
    If they do release anybody on the o-line, I hope it's Rosenthal.

Herrera and Goldberg are both entering their 3rd season, they are both still young and developing. Why replace young, developing guys that we already know have some talent with young, developing guys that we have no idea about?

As for Liwienski, I think he should stay and compete for the right guard spot and he can backup all both guard spots and probabaly could step in at right tackle as well.

Whittle I think will stay on because he is a valuable backup, being able to play either guard spot or center.

Rosenthal is pretty much only useful at one position, and played very poorly last season. However, he was coming off of an injury last year so maybe he will bounce back this season.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"alberta_vike" wrote:
    I'm with some of you guys that think they don't need two o-lineman early but there is a lot of room for o-linemen on the roster. Don't be suprised at all if they take one early, if they stay put that is and don't trade up.

Aslo don't be shocked at all if one of the vets gets cut before the season starts. I doubt they keep Whittle, Lewinski, Rosenthal, Herrera, and Goldburg. If the guys are just there for depth you really are better off having at least one of them replaced with a young player to develop. I think the guy that end up being rated the lowest out of those five loses his roster spot to a rookie.
    If they do release anybody on the o-line, I hope it's Rosenthal.

Herrera and Goldberg are both entering their 3rd season, they are both still young and developing. Why replace young, developing guys that we already know have some talent with young, developing guys that we have no idea about?

As for Liwienski, I think he should stay and compete for the right guard spot and he can backup all both guard spots and probabaly could step in at right tackle as well.

Whittle I think will stay on because he is a valuable backup, being able to play either guard spot or center.

Rosenthal is pretty much only useful at one position, and played very poorly last season. However, he was coming off of an injury last year so maybe he will bounce back this season.

Good post Alberta, I just so happen to also agree with your entire statement. Rosey must go and if Wittle stinks it up, cut his butt also as soon as possible.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

We need another corner. After winfield and smoot we have edwards and fox competing for the nickel back. both are very very unproven
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

Yeah....that draft looks good to me! :lol:

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

i like simms where he's at, if we can get him, but we don't need a guard that early, plus, if croyle is there we take him with the earlier pick, then get either a CB or another LB

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12