Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

MOCK DRAFT I would love to see happen for Vikes.

Ok, there have been a million of them. I usually dont look, but was bored tonight and this one had alot of information along with their picks and looked pretty realistic to me. Let the opinions fly.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

For the people with A.D.D., here are the Vikes picks they suggested:

#17: Ernie Sims OLB FSU

#48: Taitusi Lutui OG | Southern Cal
    A prototypical right guard who would complete the rebuilding job along the offensive line.

#51: Brodie Croyle QB | Alabama
    Brad Johnson is 37-years-old and they really need to start developing a long-term solution.

#83: Alan Zemaitis CB | Penn St.
    Experienced player who will be a perfect fit for the teams new Cover 2 defensive scheme.

#95: Andrew Whitworth OT | L.S.U.
    An experienced starter who will provide quality depth at both right and left tackle for them.

I personally feel if we stay put with all our picks, this would be a tremendous draft. Filling holes with big time talent from battle tested teams in large conferences.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re: MOCK DRAFT I would love to see happen for Vikes.

I would like to see us draft two linebackers if we stay witht he 5 picks.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Lutui was kinda SLOW at his Pro Day...there are better guard prospects out there, I think...the rest of the picks look pretty good...I would like to see an RB in there somewhere (if Onterrio gets kicked to the curb).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I do not understand why everybody is so freaked out about the right side of our O-line.

Right guards that could start this year Herrera, Lewinski, Goldberg, Whittle

Lewinski was a 4 year starter at guard and I think losing Birk last year really screwed with his head, he could return to his old form.

Herrera has a mean and nasty streak and could become the starter.

Goldberg is going into his 3rd year and it takes a few years to become a good O-lineman and he is almost as big as McKinney.

Whittle is a veteran and will be able to fill in if one of these other guys can not.

Right Tackle

Marcus Johnson was really improving and will be a dominate lineman for the Vikes for years to come. He will have growing pains but he is our Tackle or guard for years to come.

Rosenthal will be a good backup for Johnson and he was coming off a knee injury last year and it takes 2 years to really get back from a knee injury.

And the Vikes have another guard and Tackle already on the team.

We need a center more than we need another guard, we need to take Esclinger with a 3rd round pick and let him start to develop to replace Birk down the road.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

I do not understand why everybody is so freaked out about the right side of our O-line.

Right guards that could start this year Herrera, Lewinski, Goldberg, Whittle

Lewinski was a 4 year starter at guard and I think losing Birk last year really screwed with his head, he could return to his old form.

Herrera has a mean and nasty streak and could become the starter.

Goldberg is going into his 3rd year and it takes a few years to become a good O-lineman and he is almost as big as McKinney.

Whittle is a veteran and will be able to fill in if one of these other guys can not.

Right Tackle

Marcus Johnson was really improving and will be a dominate lineman for the Vikes for years to come. He will have growing pains but he is our Tackle or guard for years to come.

Rosenthal will be a good backup for Johnson and he was coming off a knee injury last year and it takes 2 years to really get back from a knee injury.

And the Vikes have another guard and Tackle already on the team.

We need a center more than we need another guard, we need to take Esclinger with a 3rd round pick and let him start to develop to replace Birk down the road.
    I agree that people don't need to worry so much about the O-Line. We have two pro bowl starters who weren't there last year ( Birk and Hutchinson ), some veterans who may return to their old form ( Liwienski and Rosenthal ), and some young guys who might be ready to make a bigger impact this year ( M. Johnson, Herrera, and Goldberg ). We also have Whittle who provides good depth at both guards and the center spot.

Jeremy is offline Starter

They better not take potatoe chip knees in the second round.

If they stay put they should take a safety/corner tweener like Cromartie.

I'm with some of you guys that think they don't need two o-lineman early but there is a lot of room for o-linemen on the roster. Don't be suprised at all if they take one early, if they stay put that is and don't trade up.

Aslo don't be shocked at all if one of the vets gets cut before the season starts. I doubt they keep Whittle, Lewinski, Rosenthal, Herrera, and Goldburg. If the guys are just there for depth you really are better off having at least one of them replaced with a young player to develop. I think the guy that end up being rated the lowest out of those five loses his roster spot to a rookie.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I could not agree more. I would be absolutely exstatic if the Vikings drafted Eslinger, maybe I'm just partial though having grown up with him. Also, Eslinger is an intelligent enough person to learn to play guard in the NFL if that is what the Vikings are looking to do, he did play that position in high school.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Let's talk Brodie Croyle. Is he worth a second round pick? Is he more suited to develop into a very good backup QB or does he have potential to be great? Sounds like he has the skills and talent, but lacking in physical side.

What's the word?

Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

to many lineman our line is amazing, get another lb, or get a wr or a cb

revprodeji is offline Starter

Lil Crow is a gamble. if he could stay healthy he would be probably viewed as a late 1st. He has great talent, when he is healthy I like him alot. reminds me of drew brees a bit. But the kid spends more time on the IR than paris hilton does on page 6(*or limewire downloads) and that is the risk with him. but really, EVERY qb prospect this year has huge question marks
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast