Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Mock Draft Choices

I third Doucet. He would be a nice option opposite of Sidney Rice, with Bobby Wade in the slot.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Kenny Phillips - All Academic ACC Football Team, #1 position rank...he would be a fine choice if he drops to us.
    There are plenty of good players at #17.
    There is no need for us to trade up IMO.
    Someone was posting a prediction that we would draft Fred Davis, TE, USC...he looked pretty solid yesterday.

There will be plenty of good WR's to choose from, if Early Doucet drops to us, I would think it would be hard to pass him by, Bowman is a beast (didn't know about the drug thing at North Carolina), love WR DeSaun Jackson from Cal(although I think he may drop to the second round due to Ted Ginn comparisons), WR Limas Sweed from Texas is a bona fide playmaker and may be a fine choice; love the DE Lawrence Jackson from USC, and the DE, Chris Ellis from VaTech.
    Upon further review, I think the Vikes will not go O-Line with their #1 pick...looks like the value is mostly in Rounds 2 and 3, however, some good players.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

For you guys who chose the receiver. hahahahahaha. You crack me up. i'd be willing to bet any of you we won't draft a WR first round. I would never take one first round if I were a coach but Childress won't either. If we get a receiver it will be in Free Agency or later round. we got two rookies who will be something someday. If we daft a receiver that doesn't help us at all. It'll help us when Rice and Allison become great. If you think that they'll be an instant impact. haha The only receiver that was an instant impact in the first round was Randy Moss. If we get one we'll get a established vet. If there is something wrong with our receiver corp its that we dont have a legitimate #1. A rookie will not be a legitimate #1. It won't help us. We'll have the same problem. Youth but not enough greatness and the same crappy receiver corp. He won't draft one. We won't take one first round. I can't see us taking one. We have enough youth at that position. maybe later in the draft. i can't even see second or 3rd round but definitely not first. Just take my word for it. Everything you would watn from him won't come instantly. And if you want it later we already got it later. Rice and Allison are for the future. What we need is the now because those guys aren't there yet. And drafting another guy he wont be there either until Rice and Allison is there. If we get a receiver it'll need to be in Free Agency. Maybe Berrian is my choice.

"Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    For you guys who chose the receiver. hahahahahaha. You crack me up. i'd be willing to bet any of you we won't draft a WR first round. I would never take one first round if I were a coach but Childress won't either. If we get a receiver it will be in Free Agency or later round. we got two rookies who will be something someday. If we daft a receiver that doesn't help us at all. It'll help us when Rice and Allison become great. If you think that they'll be an instant impact. haha The only receiver that was an instant impact in the first round was Randy Moss. If we get one we'll get a established vet. If there is something wrong with our receiver corp its that we dont have a legitimate #1. A rookie will not be a legitimate #1. It won't help us. We'll have the same problem. Youth but not enough greatness and the same crappy receiver corp. He won't draft one. We won't take one first round. I can't see us taking one. We have enough youth at that position. maybe later in the draft. i can't even see second or 3rd round but definitely not first. Just take my word for it. Everything you would watn from him won't come instantly. And if you want it later we already got it later. Rice and Allison are for the future. What we need is the now because those guys aren't there yet. And drafting another guy he wont be there either until Rice and Allison is there. If we get a receiver it'll need to be in Free Agency. Maybe Berrian is my choice.
    I may pick a WR with the first pick, however, by no means would I expect the #1 Draft pick to be the #1 WR...I have cut and pasted some work from Tastycakes in a different post which articulates how I would see it (thanks Tasty).

1) FA
    2) Rice
    3) Wade
    4) Fergie
    5) Allison
    6) 10 others competing for this spot (including the #1 draft pick)

This is a very real scenario, especially depending on who (if anyone) the Vikes are able to sign.
    That said, as I pointed out in my recent post above, there are many quality players available at #17 and the Vikes may very well choose to wait.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Your mock draft is flawed... you don't have Detroit taking a WR in the first round
    lmao, thats what I was thinking, Vikes could go for Adarius Bowman but the Lions are picking a few spots ahead and he'll be gone

seaniemck7 is online now Hall of Famer

"MaxVike" wrote:
    I may pick a WR with the first pick, however, by no means would I expect the #1 Draft pick to be the #1 WR...I have cut and pasted some work from Tastycakes in a different post which articulates how I would see it (thanks Tasty).

1) FA
    2) Rice
    3) Wade
    4) Fergie
    5) Allison

This is a very real scenario, especially depending on who (if anyone) the Vikes are able to sign.
    That said, as I pointed out in my recent post above, there are many quality players available at #17 and the Vikes may very well choose to wait.
    That is not what I consider value out of a #17 pick in the draft.
    From that scenario your #1 draft pick is fighting for a roster spot.
    Hopefully that is not what our Personnel people are thinking.

First rounders need to contribute sooner rather than later; however I also preach BPA in the first round.
    If that is a WR then great, but I don't that will be the case.

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:

1) FA
    2) Rice
    3) Wade
    4) Fergie
    5) Allison

That is not what I consider value out of a #17 pick in the draft.
    From that scenario your #1 draft pick is fighting for a roster spot.
    Hopefully that is not what our Personnel people are thinking.

First rounders need to contribute sooner rather than later; however I also preach BPA in the first round.
    If that is a WR then great, but I don't that will be the case.
    Agreed, in my haste, I got Tastywaves name wrong (sorry Tasty) and should have clarified the numbering.

I kinda see WR's 4-6 as interchangeable, depending on opponents, packages, match-ups, special teams, etc.
    My point is that I would not expect a rookie WR to contribute the way Moss did in 1998 and come in to be our #1.
    Wide receivers rarely, rarely make significant enough contributions to be considered #1.
    I was mostly responding to PHOD's point, which, I agree with, however, I don't agree that it necessarily boxes the Vikes out of making WR their #1 choice.

No matter what the position drafted, it will be difficult for a rookie to crack the starting lineup on this team early on...injuries and on-field performance may warrant it as the year progresses.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I think we have to wait till we know who is declaring before we get too into this.

Heck I was positive Brohm was gone last year....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Dwayne Bowe made a big impact for the Chiefs this year.
    I seem to recall him catching the TD pass that beat us as a matter of fact.
    To say that Moss is the only rookie first round WR to make an impact is just silly.
    Then there was that Colston fellow, a seventh rounder, that kind of led his team in receiving TD's as a rookie.
    To say that the Vikings would not draft a WR in the first round because they can't make an immediate impact is false IMO.
    Our team's biggest and most obvious need is the WR position.
    Why would they not take one in the first if they have a good value on such a pick?
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Dwayne Bowe made a big impact for the Chiefs this year.
    I seem to recall him catching the TD pass that beat us as a matter of fact.
    To say that Moss is the only rookie first round WR to make an impact is just silly.
    Then there was that Colston fellow, a seventh rounder, that kind of led his team in receiving TD's as a rookie.
    To say that the Vikings would not draft a WR in the first round because they can't make an immediate impact is false IMO.
    Our team's biggest and most obvious need is the WR position.
    Why would they not take one in the first if they have a good value on such a pick?
    Dwayne Bowe was an impact on a
    4-12 team compared to Moss's impact on a 15-1 team (with much variance in stats as well). That's just a silly comparison... don't mean to be a jerk or anything... but it's the truth.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast