Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mock draft 4.0: Serious shakeup at the top (Kirwan 4.0)

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=51074.msg925743#msg925743 date=1237834513]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51074.msg925486#msg925486 date=1237813170]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=51074.msg925482#msg925482 date=1237812993]
    I believe Griffin was already given an extension.
    I also read somewhere that Winnie's agent and Vikings are in negotiations for an extention.
    We do need help on the offensive line.
    We cannot rely on the unknown questions of the prospects.
    If we don't get depth and the prospects do not work out it will hinder the offense.
    I still hope they can pull something off via FA regarding the OL is concerned.
    Haven't seen anything on it yet.
    Maybe I need to tweek the crawler a bit......That is good news if in fact it is true.
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/vikings-reward-cedric-griffin-antoine-winfield-could-be-next-215321.html

Here is where I read it.
    it was a question and/or speculation.. not really anything else more to it... didn't say they were negotiating...
    I think it says it in these quotes.

Asked about his own situation, Winfield said his agent Ashanti Webb has had discussions with the Vikings on a long-term deal. Winfield said he wants to be "proactive" rather than wait for free agency next offseason.

"I want to finish my career with the Vikings," said Winfield, who made his first Pro Bowl appearance in February. "The last five years, I've been in Minnesota, and I love my teammates. My kids like their friends and the school system.

"I definitely want to end my career in Minnesota, so hopefully we'll get something done sometime this year, so we can make that happen."

didn't we have discussions with Birk?.. or what about TJ? or what about Weaver...

just like in the offseason, until this happens, nothing is either iminent or about to happen...

btw, doesn't the article also say since he thinks he's playing like a 23 year old, he expects to get paid like one??... highly unlikely we get this guy re-signed unless his price tag comes down... i think more than likely they let him play his last contract out unless he comes down in price...

yeah, our MO is to sign 30+ guys to 26 year old contracts and break the bank!

:
    [/quote]

All I was doing was pointing out the facts.
    Not agreeing or disagreeing.
    You questioned Winfield and I pointed it out.
    Nothing more and nothing less.
    [/quote]

fair enough...

personally i hope we re-sign him and move him to safety to replace Sharper... draft a corner..
    [/quote]

I am with ya.
    Hope you are correct.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Mock draft 4.0: Serious shakeup at the top (Kirwan 4.0)

"ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=51074.msg925747#msg925747 date=1237834727]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=51074.msg925743#msg925743 date=1237834513]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51074.msg925486#msg925486 date=1237813170]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=51074.msg925482#msg925482 date=1237812993]
    I believe Griffin was already given an extension.
    I also read somewhere that Winnie's agent and Vikings are in negotiations for an extention.
    We do need help on the offensive line.
    We cannot rely on the unknown questions of the prospects.
    If we don't get depth and the prospects do not work out it will hinder the offense.
    I still hope they can pull something off via FA regarding the OL is concerned.
    Haven't seen anything on it yet.
    Maybe I need to tweek the crawler a bit......That is good news if in fact it is true.
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/vikings-reward-cedric-griffin-antoine-winfield-could-be-next-215321.html

Here is where I read it.
    it was a question and/or speculation.. not really anything else more to it... didn't say they were negotiating...
    I think it says it in these quotes.

Asked about his own situation, Winfield said his agent Ashanti Webb has had discussions with the Vikings on a long-term deal. Winfield said he wants to be "proactive" rather than wait for free agency next offseason.

"I want to finish my career with the Vikings," said Winfield, who made his first Pro Bowl appearance in February. "The last five years, I've been in Minnesota, and I love my teammates. My kids like their friends and the school system.

"I definitely want to end my career in Minnesota, so hopefully we'll get something done sometime this year, so we can make that happen."

didn't we have discussions with Birk?.. or what about TJ? or what about Weaver...

just like in the offseason, until this happens, nothing is either iminent or about to happen...

btw, doesn't the article also say since he thinks he's playing like a 23 year old, he expects to get paid like one??... highly unlikely we get this guy re-signed unless his price tag comes down... i think more than likely they let him play his last contract out unless he comes down in price...

yeah, our MO is to sign 30+ guys to 26 year old contracts and break the bank!

:
    [/quote]

All I was doing was pointing out the facts.
    Not agreeing or disagreeing.
    You questioned Winfield and I pointed it out.
    Nothing more and nothing less.
    [/quote]

fair enough...

personally i hope we re-sign him and move him to safety to replace Sharper... draft a corner..
    [/quote]

I am with ya.
    Hope you are correct.
    [/quote]
    On a side note, they just resigned Griff to a low ball contract which might leave a bit of room at the CB position to give Whinny a deal he is happy with.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123