Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mock draft

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: mock draft

If you go back to some of the first post on the 2006 draft, I've been saying all along that we will get DW...

I still think there is a really good shot at him droping to us...

I also like the OT...Winston out of USC..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

i dont think dqwell well be there when we pick in round two. and ive never heard of benard guy. But i hope pray every night that deangolo will fall to us. he is an awsome back that will be a nfl stud.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

thats actually a pretty accurate draft. i like it.
    just im against the HB in the first round, or at all.
    We're bringing purple back.

OldManVike, where did you get those reports. They are really good.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    the old man has vast knowledge. do not question.
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    "IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    the old man has vast knowledge. do not question.
    Im not questioning his knowledge that is past my years. I want where he got them, because they are good, and I want to read more.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Hey, tanks, youse mugs! Youse is all right!

I got sources. Benny "Da Rat" Mosconni in cell block "D" is my usual squeeze.

Ok, ok, ya got me. I got ESPN Insider. Dey got info from Scouts, Inc. on a lotta da mugs comin' out in da draft. I noticed tho, dat sometimes dey haven't posted any notes on some, even tho dey say dey got the "Expoits Take". I guess dey ain't caught up yet wit' some of da mugs. I been tryin' ta get da skinny on some guys, but, it'll have ta wait until dey update da list. I'll keep tryin'.

Singersp is da real source for any Vikes news. Dey oughta give him his own forum!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

SheyD11285 is offline Rookie

I want a STUD RB or A MASSIVE LINEMAN or Michael Huff or a Stud LB. Any of those and this team is improved big time.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"OldManVike" wrote:
    Here's what dey say 'bout Deangelo:
    ===============================================
    Deangelo Williams
    RB | (5'6", 213, 4.55) | MEMPHIS

Scouts Grade: 96

Flags: (B: BULK/SIZE) Lacks size/bulk for position

Strengths: Is a well-built, compact RB. Shows very good initial quickness and burst through the hole. He is a shifty runner but decisive. A slashing-type with good vision and patience. Shows very good COD skills. Plants and drives quickly when he sees the cutback lane. Runs with excellent pad-level and is a powerful runner. Shows some elusiveness in space. Will make some defenders miss in the open field. Also has the leverage, burst and power to run over defenders in the open field. He has good speed and shows an adequate second-gear. He has excellent natural power and rarely goes down with first contact. He breaks a lot of tackles and will push the pile as a short-yardage runner. He is slippery and quick. Will slither through small creases and then bounce runs quickly to the outside. He shows a strong stiff-arm and will ride defenders down the sideline. Has very good balance and body control. Has developed a very good feel for route running. Is mostly used on flares and dump offs but shows good hands and fluid hips. Should present matchup problems vs. LB's in the NFL. He can pluck on the run and catch over his head. He gets upfield quickly and is a threat after the catch. Has great power at the POA as a blocker. Has upside in that facet if his awareness and technique are refined. He's intelligent, hard-working and tough. An excellent team leader with impressive intangibles.

Weaknesses: Durability is somewhat of a concern. He has suffered a broken foot that cost him most of his sophomore season in high school, a knee sprain that cost him two games as a freshman in 2002, a season ending MCL tear in his left knee vs. Cincinnati in 2003 and a broken leg in the 2004 GMAC Bowl. He already has a lot of mileage on his legs. He lacks ideal height. Has good but not elite speed. He has had some fumbling problems in the past and needs to better protect the football. He still has some work to do in terms of technique as a pass blocker. Limited experience in that area. Lack of height also presents some matchup problems in pass pro.

Overall: Williams' mother has battled with breast cancer, which played a big part in him chosing to stay close to home in college. Williams started one of the 10 games that he played as a true freshman in 2002. He took over as a fulltime starter in his sophomore seasons in 2003 and has been the Tigers load-carrier since. Prior to his senior season in 2005, Williams had 659 carries for 4,062 yards and 37 touchdowns. As a junior in 2004, Williams rushed for 1948 yard and 22 TDs on 313 carries. He also had 18 receptions for 210 yards and one TD. Williams was expected to depart for the NFL following his junior season but his broken leg in the GMAC Bowl played a part in his decision to return to Memphis for senior season in 2005. Williams has since bounced back as a senior in 2005 and has answered any questions regarding his ability to return to form. He is carrying another huge load for Memphis this season and is leading the nation in yards per game (Oct. 28, 2005) despite a marginal supporting cast. Williams does have a lot of mileage on his legs and has had some trouble staying healthy in the past. He also lacks ideal height and elite speed. However, he has enough size, strength, quickness, toughness, vision and versatility to emerge as a premier starting running back in the NFL. He's an absolute workhorse as a ball carrier and he has enough receiving and blocking skills to emerge as an every-down starter at the next level. Furthermore, Williams is a high-character person with a great work ethic. In our opinion, Williams ranks among the elite prospects in the 2006 class and should be considered as a top-15 draft pick
    Its looks like this dude is shrinking. He's listed at 5'6" on old man's post, here they have him at 5'10" http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=8&c=1&yr=2006&nid=2162352

This probably means he's actually 5'8". I think he would be a great first round pick as well if he falls that far. If he's under 5'8", I change my opinion.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"OldManVike" wrote:
    Hey, tanks, youse mugs! Youse is all right!

I got sources. Benny "Da Rat" Mosconni in cell block "D" is my usual squeeze.

Ok, ok, ya got me. I got ESPN Insider. Dey got info from Scouts, Inc. on a lotta da mugs comin' out in da draft. I noticed tho, dat sometimes dey haven't posted any notes on some, even tho dey say dey got the "Expoits Take". I guess dey ain't caught up yet wit' some of da mugs. I been tryin' ta get da skinny on some guys, but, it'll have ta wait until dey update da list. I'll keep tryin'.

Singersp is da real source for any Vikes news. Dey oughta give him his own forum!
    Hey webby, a great new feature for the site would be a translator for when Oldman posts. :lol: Ah, it isn't that hard to read.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast