Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mock draft

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

mock draft

3 round mock draft

how awesome would it be to have the first three rounds to go like this? RB, LB, S

then all we need is steve hutchinson and were good to go.

Re: mock draft

Wow, that would be awesome!! :lol:

i know we say this every year, but next year i think we have a legitimate shot, depending on how much zygi is willing to spend

check this out - http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

what i dont get is why the vieks couldnt have kept randy and then added all the defdensive players anyway. They have the cap space

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

That would be a very good first day. I like the report on Pollard. Talking about how he was a WR so he understands the passing game. Had 96 tackles from his position. Sounds too good to go in the third IMO.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    what i dont get is why the vieks couldnt have kept randy and then added all the defdensive players anyway. They have the cap space
    ...and in a couple years, we would have been in cap hell. Moss was set to account for 7-10 million a yearin the next couple seasons.

Getting Deangelo Williams in the first round would be my dream.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ancoin is offline Starter

chek this one!
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14044&highlight=

See that is LOVE!!

Thank to Lotza

that would be an awesome draft lineup for Minnesota except i think Thomas Howard would be a better pick for LB than Dqwell Jackson, i know Jackson is great but Howard is the fastes LB coming into the combine, so i think he would make a better fit for the Vikes!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Here's da skinny on D'Qwell. He's da highest rated ILB on da board right now:
    =================================================

D'Qwell Jackson
    ILB | (6'0", 227, 4.75) | MARYLAND

Scouts Grade: 88

Strengths: Is an athletic and instinctive ILB prospect that also has experience playing the WLB position. Lacks size but is tough and powerful. At his best vs. the run when he's protected and has room to roam. He has terrific recognition skills and diagnoses things quickly. He will not take a lot of false steps and he gets a great jump on most plays. He takes excellent angles in pursuit. Is quicker than fast but has adequate top-end speed. He shows a closing burst to the ball carrier and is a very sound open field tackler. Shows very good COD skills and the ability to break down and redirect quickly in space. He has good hip explosion and a very powerful upper body. He will force fumbles as a tackler and has a nose for the ball. He is very smooth in his hips and has good range in zone coverage. Possesses the quickness, fluidity and instincts to cover most backs man-to-man out of the backfield. Shows very good ball skills and is a natural playmaker when the ball is in the air. Also shows good instincts and closing burst when turned loose on the blitz.

Weaknesses: He is undersized. Lacks lower body strength. Plays with a narrow base and has trouble taking on iso-blockers. He gives up too much size in the phone booth and does not show the consistent ability to shed after being reached. He has to be covered in order to be effective. He lacks explosive power as a tackler. He has adequate but not elite speed. As a result, he may not be able to slip as many blocks and stay on the move as easily in the NFL as he did in college. He also has some durability issues as an undersized LB who has gone through wrist surgery and missed a game due to a leg injury all in the last year.

Overall: Jackson played as a backup in all 14 games as a true freshman in 2002 and finished with 51 tackles. He emerged as a fulltime starter in 2003 and earned second-team All-ACC honors with a team-high 136 total tackles. As a junior in 2004, he finished with a team-high 123 tackles, including seven TFL, four sacks, two INTs and five PBU. He missed 2005 spring practice after having surgery on his wrist. Jackson was named ACC Defensive Player of the Year in 2005, when he started all 10 games that he played (missed Temple game with leg injury) and finished with 137 tackles, 6.5 TFL, four sacks and two interceptions. Jackson emerged as an elite linebacker at the WLB position as a sophomore in 2003, he made a seamless transition from WLB to MLB as a junior in 2004, and he took his game to the next level as a returning starter at MLB in 2005. He lacks ideal size and does not have the base to consistently take on blockers in the phone booth. He also has some durability issues that are likely to cause him to slip a bit on draft day. However, Jackson is an instinctive, athletic, quick and powerful linebacker for his size. In our opinion, Jackson shows the physical tools and mental capability to emerge as a starter at either MLB or WLB in the NFL. Even if he's not ready to play a fulltime starting role as a rookie, he has the cover skills to play a nickel linebacker role and he also can contribute by covering kicks on special teams. Jackson could slip out of the first round but he is not expected to last long in the second round of the 2006 draft.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Here's what dey say 'bout Deangelo:
    ===============================================
    Deangelo Williams
    RB | (5'6", 213, 4.55) | MEMPHIS

Scouts Grade: 96

Flags: (B: BULK/SIZE) Lacks size/bulk for position

Strengths: Is a well-built, compact RB. Shows very good initial quickness and burst through the hole. He is a shifty runner but decisive. A slashing-type with good vision and patience. Shows very good COD skills. Plants and drives quickly when he sees the cutback lane. Runs with excellent pad-level and is a powerful runner. Shows some elusiveness in space. Will make some defenders miss in the open field. Also has the leverage, burst and power to run over defenders in the open field. He has good speed and shows an adequate second-gear. He has excellent natural power and rarely goes down with first contact. He breaks a lot of tackles and will push the pile as a short-yardage runner. He is slippery and quick. Will slither through small creases and then bounce runs quickly to the outside. He shows a strong stiff-arm and will ride defenders down the sideline. Has very good balance and body control. Has developed a very good feel for route running. Is mostly used on flares and dump offs but shows good hands and fluid hips. Should present matchup problems vs. LB's in the NFL. He can pluck on the run and catch over his head. He gets upfield quickly and is a threat after the catch. Has great power at the POA as a blocker. Has upside in that facet if his awareness and technique are refined. He's intelligent, hard-working and tough. An excellent team leader with impressive intangibles.

Weaknesses: Durability is somewhat of a concern. He has suffered a broken foot that cost him most of his sophomore season in high school, a knee sprain that cost him two games as a freshman in 2002, a season ending MCL tear in his left knee vs. Cincinnati in 2003 and a broken leg in the 2004 GMAC Bowl. He already has a lot of mileage on his legs. He lacks ideal height. Has good but not elite speed. He has had some fumbling problems in the past and needs to better protect the football. He still has some work to do in terms of technique as a pass blocker. Limited experience in that area. Lack of height also presents some matchup problems in pass pro.

Overall: Williams' mother has battled with breast cancer, which played a big part in him chosing to stay close to home in college. Williams started one of the 10 games that he played as a true freshman in 2002. He took over as a fulltime starter in his sophomore seasons in 2003 and has been the Tigers load-carrier since. Prior to his senior season in 2005, Williams had 659 carries for 4,062 yards and 37 touchdowns. As a junior in 2004, Williams rushed for 1948 yard and 22 TDs on 313 carries. He also had 18 receptions for 210 yards and one TD. Williams was expected to depart for the NFL following his junior season but his broken leg in the GMAC Bowl played a part in his decision to return to Memphis for senior season in 2005. Williams has since bounced back as a senior in 2005 and has answered any questions regarding his ability to return to form. He is carrying another huge load for Memphis this season and is leading the nation in yards per game (Oct. 28, 2005) despite a marginal supporting cast. Williams does have a lot of mileage on his legs and has had some trouble staying healthy in the past. He also lacks ideal height and elite speed. However, he has enough size, strength, quickness, toughness, vision and versatility to emerge as a premier starting running back in the NFL. He's an absolute workhorse as a ball carrier and he has enough receiving and blocking skills to emerge as an every-down starter at the next level. Furthermore, Williams is a high-character person with a great work ethic. In our opinion, Williams ranks among the elite prospects in the 2006 class and should be considered as a top-15 draft pick
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast