marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Minnesota's veteran-style camp

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-3-73/Minnesota-s-veteran-style-camp.html

August 11, 2008 7:05 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Minnesota's veteran-style camp

Thanks for the read my friend.

It is a delicate balance, of course. Excessive hitting wears down many players. In the worst-case scenario, it leads to injuries. On the flip side, the violent nature of football requires some degree of hitting to re-condition players to contact.

The Vikings fumbled five times, losing four, in their 34-17 preseason loss to Seattle last Friday night. A cynic might make a connection between fumbles and the level of contact in practice, but it seems way too early to draw that conclusion.
    LOL, Call me a cynic. I think everyone knows what side of the fence I fall on those issues.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I'll say again it seems to of worked well for John Gagliardi

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

It is a delicate balance, of course. Excessive hitting wears down many players. In the worst-case scenario, it leads to injuries. On the flip side, the violent nature of football requires some degree of hitting to re-condition players to contact.

The Vikings fumbled five times, losing four, in their 34-17 preseason loss to Seattle last Friday night. A cynic might make a connection between fumbles and the level of contact in practice, but it seems way too early to draw that conclusion.
    LOL, Call me a cynic. I think everyone knows what side of the fence I fall on those issues.

;D
    Meh, my favorite example is St. Johns.
    I know it's a different level of playing talent but I still think there is a good point.
    John Gagliardi is known for his unique coaching approach, which he calls “Winning with No's”: no calling him coach--simply call him John; no calisthenics; no tackling during practice; and no whistles.(Wiki was first site that came up and I liked the line.)
    Gagliardi is the all time college winning coach, and has 25 division titles and 4 national championships.
    For guys who have played football so long I don't think the level of contact has that big of impact IMHO.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Garland" wrote:
    I'll say again it seems to of worked well for John Gagliardi
    Freaking weird, just read my post.

JINX!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Meh, my favorite example is St. Johns.
    I know it's a different level of playing talent but I still think there is a good point.
    John Gagliardi is known for his unique coaching approach, which he calls “Winning with No's”: no calling him coach--simply call him John; no calisthenics; no tackling during practice; and no whistles.(Wiki was first site that came up and I liked the line.)
    Gagliardi is the all time college winning coach, and has 25 division titles and 4 national championships.
    For guys who have played football so long I don't think the level of contact has that big of impact IMHO.
    Never heard of the guy to tell the truth.
    Might have to check his book out.

Wonder why his ideas never caught on?
    Anyway, I just don't see how guys can get ready to tackle and be tackled without doing it.

Probably why I am a yutz sitting at home instead of a guy who is the first active head coach to be enshrined in the college Football HOF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gagliardi
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg