Blog Entries

Re: The Minnesota Vikings Select....

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094558
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094556
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094555
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094494
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094485
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094481
    Hell, I don't think that is exactly what I said but maybe start out by answering this one:
    How many picks are you willing to give up in order to move up to the top spot in the draft?
    The thing is, we don't need the top pick.

If Carolina doesn't pick QB with #1, and one of Newton or Gabbert is around near 5, trading up is doable.

Following the Draft pick value chart, we've got #12(1200) and #43(470), Those picks alone, by following the chart give us 1670 points, good enough for 6th pick, (5th pick is 1700, and probably not completely out of the question) If it cost us only two picks to get a guy like Gabbert, I'd say that's a no brainer.
    So basically what you are saying is that getting Gabbert is worth not having a single pick until the 4th?

Yeah, that is really going to take us places.

So from the 4th round forward we will be able to address the OL, Dl, Secondary, OLB etc with guys who will be on the roster and productive over the next few years? Good luck with that one.
    If your going to give up 12 and 43 why not just give them up for Kolb?
    Because he is a WCO QB and we are going away from that.
    Says who?

Our WCO orientated O-coord?
    Our new Ol coach that comes from WCO background?
    Our new QB coach that teaches WCO QB's?

Maybe its the shortened time we have to get the whole team transitioned from a WCO to a new scheme.

Everything I've read, heard, or digested in other mediums says we are going to be a WCO team again this year.

Well, except one article that was written by a yutz who probably can't spell NFL.
    You mean this yutz?

The Vikings are expected to move away from the West Coast offense under new offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, according to Tom Pelissero of ESPN 1500 Twin Cities.

Adam Caplan of Fox Sports expressed a similar sentiment in a Thursday chat. Musgrave noted at his introductory press conference that he would keep elements of the WCO intact, but he's expected to mimic Mike Mularkey's Atlanta offense, incorporating more of a deep passing game to complement a strong ground attack. Kevin Kolb won't be a good fit in Minnesota because he's more of a system QB in need of the West Coast scheme.

singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I am 100% convinced if we don't see them take a QB at 12, we are going to be in the Kolb sweepstakes.

Something that can work for us in that regard, if there is no CBA, we can basically trade for Kolb with next years draft picks, that might not be worth much of anything, allowing us to use all of our draft picks this year to add depth/starters were needed.
    Good thing we didn't piss away next years draft picks on Kolb.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    So you are of the belief the only way to trade into one of the top spots is to trade away all of your picks?
    Not sure but what did Atlanta give up to get Jones or Washington give up to get RG3?

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Not sure but what did Atlanta give up to get Jones or Washington give up to get RG3?
    The Redskins gave up their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2012. They also gave St. Louis a 1st round pick in 2013 & 2014.

Atlanta gave up their 1st, 2nd & 4th in 2011. And they gave up their 1st & 4th in 2012.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Good thing we didn't piss away next years draft picks on Kolb.
    I agree, but I'm still not so sure that Kolb won't work out. Lets see what happens this year. Arians seemed to be a good thing for the Colts and he has been well respected every place he's been. I actually thought he'd wind up in the KC job and could have if the Colts woudn't have made the playoffs I think.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567