Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Minnesota Vikings seeking a replacement for Kenechi Udeze (DE in FA)

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings seeking a replacement for Kenechi Udeze[/size]
    Bengals' Smith best of free-agent options
    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Minnesota Vikings seeking a replacement for Kenechi Udeze (DE in FA)

Thanks for the read Cogs.

Glad to see that everyone is still thinking about Keneche and keeping him in thier prayers.

Briefly: Spielman said the Vikings already have a list of 35 players who might come off their draft board because of character questions.
    Oooops.
    Start striking guys off your wish list if he is a top 20 pick and a druggy or wife beater.

-- Safety: With the release Wednesday of starter Dwight Smith, the Vikings have an obvious need at the position, and Spielman indicated the team would move quickly to fill it.
    Now that Hamlin is off the market I wouldn't mind either Knight, Wilson or Williams plus one of the top 3 rookies as additions to our S position.
    Still say we will be better at that position next year regardless of who the mix is (if it includes those 6 players).

By the way, if they are gonna move quickly it must mean that they had a plan when they let Smith go even though some don't believe it.
    :

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

[size=12pt]Vikings Could Draft a DE, Again[/size]
    Posted Feb 22nd 2008 8:47AM
    by JJ Cooper
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Thanks for the read Proph.
    Alot of talent at DE in this years draft.
    I am sure they will finally find the right guy.

By the way, I haven't ruled out the kids that we currently have on the roster either as most writers of articles like this have.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

Glad to see that everyone is still thinking about Keneche and keeping him in thier prayers.

Briefly: Spielman said the Vikings already have a list of 35 players who might come off their draft board because of character questions.
    Oooops.
    Start striking guys off your wish list if he is a top 20 pick and a druggy or wife beater.

-- Safety: With the release Wednesday of starter Dwight Smith, the Vikings have an obvious need at the position, and Spielman indicated the team would move quickly to fill it.
    Now that Hamlin is off the market I wouldn't mind either Knight, Wilson or Williams plus one of the top 3 rookies as additions to our S position.
    Still say we will be better at that position next year regardless of who the mix is (if it includes those 6 players).

By the way, if they are gonna move quickly it must mean that they had a plan when they let Smith go even though some don't believe it.
    :

Let's just hope the Brain Trust had a good plan this time instead of a T-Jack like plan.
    Heck maybe we're thinking of playing T-Jack at safety.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Oooops.

:

Let's just hope the Brain Trust had a good plan this time instead of a T-Jack like plan.
    Heck maybe we're thinking of playing T-Jack at safety.
    I am sure whatever plan they have, unless it doesn't center around bringing in every FA and playing no young guys, someone will beyyyatch about it.
    ;D

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:

By the way, I haven't ruled out the kids that we currently have on the roster either as most writers of articles like this have.

;D
    I like Edwards and Robison but would also like to see Scott signed. May not happen due to off field issue. But it would allow us to use our first round pick on another position if we had Scott as insurance. We could take a DE later in round 2 or 3.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I would like to see them pick up and End who
    can constantly bring pressure. 2 first round picks 1 sick 1 healing I just hope they have a plan for this predicament we shall see now is the time things get real interesting.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    I like Edwards and Robison but would also like to see Scott signed. May not happen due to off field issue. But it would allow us to use our first round pick on another position if we had Scott as insurance. We could take a DE later in round 2 or 3.
    If they released smith because of Charecter issues I imagine that it holds true for Scott.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    If they released smith because of Charecter issues I imagine that it holds true for Scott.
    I don't believe that they released Smith simply because of character issues (although that may have played a part).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast