VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Minnesota Vikings Defining Draft Day Moments in History

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings Defining Draft Day Moments in History[/size]

Bleacher Report
    by Michael Ward

Every April gives hope to 32 football teams with dreams of playing deep in the season, ending with the Superbowl in February.
    The NFL Draft offers up the best young talent in the world and gives organizations the help they may need to put them over the top in a league filled with parity.

The Minnesota Vikings have had their share of successes and busts come draft time in their history.
    Some players have led them to the playoffs and put together Hall Of Fame credentials, while others have left fans scratching their heads.

Oh, and if there is one thing all Vikings fans have learned, it is that the clock can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.

But I wish people would spell Carter's name correctly...it's CRIS. He's going to be in the HOF soon, so get it right.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota Vikings Defining Draft Day Moments in History

"Williamson was traded after the 2000 season for a sixth round pick from the Jacksonville Jaguars."

I really hate bleacher report sometimes.

[size=13pt]On the Clock: 10 potential draft-day shockers[/size]

by Peter Schrager
    Updated: April 17, 2009, 11:48 AM EST

Taking out my Magic 8-ball, here are 10 potential SHOCKING DEVELOPMENTS to prepare for on Draft Weekend 2009.

1. Josh Freeman slip-sliding away ... all the way into the second round...
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"VikingMike" wrote:

Bleacher Report
    by Michael Ward

Every April gives hope to 32 football teams with dreams of playing deep in the season, ending with the Superbowl in February.
    The NFL Draft offers up the best young talent in the world and gives organizations the help they may need to put them over the top in a league filled with parity.

The Minnesota Vikings have had their share of successes and busts come draft time in their history.
    Some players have led them to the playoffs and put together Hall Of Fame credentials, while others have left fans scratching their heads.

Oh, and if there is one thing all Vikings fans have learned, it is that the clock can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.

But I wish people would spell Carter's name correctly...it's CRIS. He's going to be in the HOF soon, so get it right.
    When somebody's name is spelled so stupid you can't blame people for spelling it wrong.

My boy's name is Tayler.
    People spell it Taylor all the time and I've never had a problem with it.
    What do you expect?
    You give the kid some goofy spelling and people are going to goof it up.
    Same goes for Cris.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mr" wrote:
    "Williamson was traded after the 2000 season for a sixth round pick from the Jacksonville Jaguars."

Yeah, he was traded while still in college. I remember that. Truly remarkable.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Big Matt is offline Starter

"2.
    Making seven Probowls, John Randle definitely holds a spot in all of Minnesota Vikings fans hearts.
    Inducted in to the College Football Hall Of Fame in 2008, Randle went undrafted before joining the Vikings before playing his first game in 1990.
    Randle accounted for 137.5 sacks in his career."

So #2 on the list of "Defining Draft Day Moments in History....wasnt actually a DRAFT DAY moment???

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Actually I think he was still in high school which made it all the more remarkable.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

The author of that article is a total bum.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Bleacher Report
    by Michael Ward

When somebody's name is spelled so stupid you can't blame people for spelling it wrong.

My boy's name is Tayler.
    People spell it Taylor all the time and I've never had a problem with it.
    What do you expect?
    You give the kid some goofy spelling and people are going to goof it up.
    Same goes for Cris.

I get your point (and there's also Cris Collinsworth). I just think it's very poor journalism (yeah, I know it's Bleacher Report) to spell a famous person's name wrong. He's writing about football...he should know better. It's not like misspelling Tayler's name, which would be understandable if you didn't know upfront. IMO, it shows how little this guy knows, or how little he respects what he is reporting. IDK, to me a name is important.