Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota contacts Atlanta

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Lets evolve this into another Daunte thread...I am not getting enough of my daily dose.
    totally. i think a backup to vick would be a perfect fit to replace daunte at starting role. *rollseyes*
    We're bringing purple back.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Lets evolve this into another Daunte thread...I am not getting enough of my daily dose.
    No, we have met our quota on Daunte threads. lol
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Calmwind is offline Starter

I would like to see this guy come play for us, depending on the price. altho trading BJ would be insane. He is our Starter!!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    It would cost us a lot to get him if the Jets can't get him by giving up Abraham we won't be getting him without giving up a minimum of our first round pick.

Jets wanted Matt Schaub and Atlanta's 1st round pick for Abraham, that is a lot to give up!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If we gave the Falcons our 2 2nd rd picks for Schaub, and they didn't take that offer, then they need to be examined for retardation.. Schaub is good, and can come right in to any situation and make it better. I personally think the only reason that Vick is starting over Schaub is because of the investment in Vick.

Schaub could come right into our system and be a instant winner. I would rather have the 24 yo Schaub as our starter next season then the soon to be 38 yo Johnson. I love Brad Johnson, but if we got Schaub, he would be the backup right away... Schaub is a UFA next season, something that the Falcons need to highly consider..

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"gregair13" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    totally. i think a backup to vick would be a perfect fit to replace daunte at starting role. *rollseyes*
    Have you seen him play???
    This kid's got potential, plus he's young (24) and if we get hutch we will be a run-first team which will make it easier for him to evolve into an elite quarterback

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Would giving up our first round pick for him be so bad? Just wondering? I think it might be OK and we still have TWO second round picks to get our LB and Safety. And we may pick up a QB with our first round pick anyway.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

NO Matt Schaub. Price it too high!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

NO Matt Schaub. Price it too high!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder out of principle.. Or a 2nd rounder.

Shaub was a 3rd round pick, after all. And let's not forget he hasn't exactly set the league alight. He's started 2 games, and barely managed 50% pass completion. Does that sound like a West Coast QB? Now I know I'm being overly critical, but I feel the need to douse a bucket of water over some of the people on this board. Matt Schaub, as it looks right now, is NOT the second coming of the Messiah. I'm as concerned as the rest of you about our long-term QB situation, but rushing out and joining the Matt Schaub sweepstakes seems a little drastic.

(I'm not saying he will never be a good QB, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, eh?)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast