Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mini-Camp Notebook: Day 1

Mini-Camp Notebook: Day 1

Antoine Winfield stole the show again on the first day of Vikings mini-camp, but this time he did it in person as he was on hand for his first official workout of the new year.

Pretty good read.

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=FB5658C1-E556-404A-8EC7-F0A0DBBCB60F

Re: Mini-Camp Notebook: Day 1

Forgot to mention the trade talk, kind of questionable but hopefully he sticks around for a few more years to groom the younger CB's

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"JSRasmus2698" wrote:
    Forgot to mention the trade talk, kind of questionable but hopefully he sticks around for a few more years to groom the younger CB's
    What trade talk are you talking about?
    I saw where Childress said the word trade but he wasn't saying the team is working on a trade.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

Perhaps the best news is that they said "Williamson has been looking sharp so far in the team's workouts, catching just about everything thrown his way".

Nice.
    Just what I wanted to hear> ;D
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

jason carter is catching everything again... does the coaching staff just not like this guy or what? ???

Thanks josdin00

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

-One-on-one drills had their highlights.
    Troy Williamson made the play of the day, making a sweet grab down the sideline over Antoine Winfield.
    The play spanned 50+ yards from Tarvaris Jackson and Williamson made the adjustment to the slightly underthrown ball.
    From everything i've heard, he's working really hard to fix his drop problem and doing a good job of it. I would love to see him in the slot next season rather than Wade now just from what i've heard.

-Todd Lowber showed off his speed, toasting both Darren Sharper and Ronyell Whitaker in one-on-one work on his way to long receptions.
    Cool to hear that he's making plays out there. I can't wait to see how he adjusts to full contact training camp later in the summer. We'll see if he's the next antonio gates or just another brock lesnar type player who's not cut out for the NFL.

-Jason Carter continued his good play which included a fingertip catch while on his back and a nice catch and run move in the open field during full team work.

-Carter meanwhile continues to get little action despite doing nothing but catch the football when it's thrown his way.
    He is visably frustrated with the whole thing and we can't say we blame him when guys like Chandler Williams and Cortez Hankton are getting more extended looks.
    I want to see him get more playing time but then again, Doctolero has a giant man-crush on Carter so this is nothing to be astonished by.

– Among those auditioning for the kick return role are receivers Bobby Wade, Troy Williamson, Aundrae Allison and Chandler Williams and running back Adrian Peterson.
    Personally, I would rather see Peterson win the Kick Return job over those other guys. He's the biggest playmaker. It's stupid IMO to shield your playmakers from action from sheer fear of injury. If you do that you might as well not let them play at all.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

The second came courtesy of none other than Jason Carter who smoked Winfield off the line and hauled in a deep ball down the right sideline from rookie QB Tyler Thigpen.

-Carter meanwhile continues to get little action despite doing nothing but catch the football when it's thrown his way.
    He is visably frustrated with the whole thing and we can't say we blame him when guys like Chandler Williams and Cortez Hankton are getting more extended looks.
    i really want this kid to be playing this year. i think he's gonna make a lot of great plays, and he has that hungr that will push him to prove himself.

as for AP returning punts, i agree with PPE, get him the ball as often as possible. that's what NO learned about bush.. we should be smart early and get him the ball.

can't w8 to see AP and CT in 2back sets..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    jason carter is catching everything again... does the coaching staff just not like this guy or what? ???
    Yeah, they usually keep young guys on the squad that they don't like and that they think have no talent.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    Yeah, they usually keep young guys on the squad that they don't like and that they think have no talent.
    My assesment is they know what they have in Carter and want to see what the other have.

I for one, believe he will
    play a important role this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

-NFL Films was on hand at the morning workout with their cameras trained on top pick Adrian Peterson.
    No word on what they were shooting for, but our guess is the NFL Films series "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL".
    That would be AWESOME!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast