COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Mike Mayock's draft prospect rankings

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=8EFBA11DC9FD75D6984DC135F07EEE82? id=09000d5d80406b71&template=without-video&confirm=true

Normally, I don't look at a lot of draft stuff because so much of it is pure speculation. But anyway, Mike Mayock from NFL.com has made up a list of the top five college prospects in each position. (Click on the link to see it.) This may be something you want to print out and save for future reference. Can't vouch for his objectiveness, but interesting none-the-less.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Mike Mayock's draft prospect rankings

From what I noticed, I saw a lot of USC love from him; not so much for LSU (I thought Highsmith was probably about right, but to not have Steltz in the top 5 safeties.... that doesn't seem quite right.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

This guy has alot of weird rankings. Chad Henne the #2 QB over Brian Brohm? Don't see that. Letroy Guion his # 4 DT? Most experts don't even have him in their top 20. DaJuan Morgan over Kenny Phillips as the # 1 saftey? That is mind boggling. Mario Mannigham the # 1 WR? He is good but not that good neither is Donnie Avery who he has # 5. He is good a breaking players talent down but I just don't understand some of these rankings he has.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

DeSean Jackson?

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    This guy has alot of weird rankings. Chad Henne the #2 QB over Brian Brohm? Don't see that. Letroy Guion his # 4 DT? Most experts don't even have him in their top 20. DaJuan Morgan over Kenny Phillips as the # 1 saftey? That is mind boggling. Mario Mannigham the # 1 WR? He is good but not that good neither is Donnie Avery who he has # 5. He is good a breaking players talent down but I just don't understand some of these rankings he has.
    Henne had a push in the second half of the season and showed some maturity and poise in being an NFL QB, enough to convince Mayock.
    I guess Manningham was part of that.
    I like Henne, but Mario should be down on the list.
    I put Cal's Jackson 1 and i like his Kelly at 2.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Yeah, I concur on your points for the most part.
    QB is a crap shoot at best.
    The Phillips ranking is kinda mind bogglling, however, footwork and ball skills are the highest on his list of defensive back attributes for him.
    I trust his assessment of talent, rankings may be another story.
    He is a voracious studier of film and I have no doubt there will be alot of shifting in the next couple of months.
    For me, his talent comes in predicting NFL success.
    He's the one that said "of all of the receivers available, Sidney Rice has the best ball skills."
    I think he is among the very best at breaking down players, I will rely heavily on your rankings DV
    ;D

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know