Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Mayock's Draft Position Rankings

I did a search but didn't see this posted anywhere, so....

I'm not a HUGE fan of Mayock's because I think he tends to get tunnel vision on some picks but he generally has a good track record.

Anyway, here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9341853

A couple of interesting notes: First Whitehurst is ranked above Croyle and Jacobs is an honorable mention. Never heard of the Alabama State QB. Second, he has DeAngelo Williams listed fourth but I definitely think he should be #2 (ofcourse I'm a homer). He has Leonard Pope as the #6 TE but most other places I've seen has him listed second. Lastly, the LB position REALLY is very deep this draft.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Mike Mayock's Draft Position Rankings

OJ is our man in the 2nd round, that is all
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    I was thinking it'll probably be possible for us to get him in the third since this draft is so deep at QB. Plus we have 2 picks in the third.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"jhirchak1" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    I was thinking it'll probably be possible for us to get him in the third since this draft is so deep at QB. Plus we have 2 picks in the third.
    id take him in the second just because you never know how high some guys are on any given team's list
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

This is a deep draft for LB, which may be why the Vikes don't target one with their first pick. Also, what happened to CB Jimmy Williams he was projected as a top 15 pick earlier and I don't even see him on Mayock's list.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"jhirchak1" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    We also have 2 picks in the 2nd. Also, don't we only currently have 1 pick in the 3rd pending the Burly situation?

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    "jhirchak1" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    We also have 2 picks in the 2nd. Also, don't we only currently have 1 pick in the 3rd pending the Burly situation?
    Yes, it is pending the Burly situation, but I just am assuming we're not going to match the deal. So I'm already figuring we'll have 2.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    I did a search but didn't see this posted anywhere, so....

I'm not a HUGE fan of Mayock's because I think he tends to get tunnel vision on some picks but he generally has a good track record.

Anyway, here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9341853

A couple of interesting notes: First Whitehurst is ranked above Croyle and Jacobs is an honorable mention. Never heard of the Alabama State QB. Second, he has DeAngelo Williams listed fourth but I definitely think he should be #2 (ofcourse I'm a homer). He has Leonard Pope as the #6 TE but most other places I've seen has him listed second. Lastly, the LB position REALLY is very deep this draft.

-DD
    I hope that everyone believes Mayock...that way DeAngelo will slide down to the Vikes...he is my pick for next season's ROY.

Also, Addai would be a great value pick in the second round if he lasts to our second pick (and we DON'T take DeAngelo)...also my fav at OT (Marcus McNeill) is rated too low IMHO so let's hope that he drops to us if we decide to go OL (my second choice as a later round pick, Whitworth, is actually rated higher which is surprising). All in all, we should have some great players to choose from in April! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

"tastywaves" wrote:
    This is a deep draft for LB, which may be why the Vikes don't target one with their first pick. Also, what happened to CB Jimmy Williams he was projected as a top 15 pick earlier and I don't even see him on Mayock's list.
    Yeah i noticed williams not on there to and thought he would be in the saftey part because thats what ive been hearing most people think he will play in the pros. But i checked and hes not there so i dont know what mayocks smoking :???:

Big C is offline Coordinator

I don't see us picking an RB in 1st two rounds because we have Chester and Moore fighting for Starter/Backup and Fason and Echemandu as 3rd and 4th RB. We might pick Addai early 3rd if he lasts that long. It comes down to value I guess. How much are you going to invest at RB when you already have to potential starters.

I think we'll go LB with 1st round, QB and LB with second round. Third round onwards it'll be best available because we have no pressing needs.

Thanks for posting that link. Good stuff.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast