Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Mike Martz Anyone?

Won't it be an interesting addition to the coaching staff of the Vikes.. it certainly would add an offensive mind to the staff... however it would be large ego to swallow as well.

"Pro Football Talk" wrote:
    MARTZ NO MORE IN MOTOWN

As first reported in this space last week (well, there goes the New Year's resolution to stop tooting our own horn), the Lions have fired offensive coordinator Mike Martz.

The first word of it came, as far as we can tell, via ESPN2's First Take.

Martz spent two years in the position, and it was widely believed that he was hoping to parlay one successful season into another shot at a head-coaching gig.

We'd also heard that Martz has been trolling for offensive coordinator positions in other cities.
    And we continue to hear that rumors Martz will replace Jim Hostler in San Fran is nothing more than a figment of agent Bob Lamont's imagination.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mike Martz Anyone?

What is this? First Billick and now Martz.
    ;D
    No way Childress is going to change staff unless someone leaves.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    What is this? First Billick and now Martz.
    ;D
    No way Childress is going to change staff unless someone leaves.
    LOL... trying to help.
    ;D

Who cares if Martz has the ego the size of Sears tower and even a bigger mouth.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe they should try firing Millen

"marstc09" wrote:
    LOL.. I swear Millen must have some dirt on the Ford family, only way he has hung on so long.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"pack93z" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    LOL.. I swear Millen must have some dirt on the Ford family, only way he has hung on so long.
    Does anybody know offhand how many coaches and coordinators have been fired under the Mellen regime?

JUCJ85 is offline Training Camp

Apparently he is likely to be the 49ers new OC, The Ticket in dallad reported they exect Martz to be named 49ers OC today. I dont know whether to beleive it or not, but we shall see.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

As much as I dislike Martz I think he would be a good OC for the Vikes.
    I just don't know his he and Childress would mesh.
    they are both pretty stubborn people from what I know of them (which of course isn't much except from what I see on TV).
    ;D

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

He would be a bad fit for us.We run the ball 60 percent of the time he passes it 80 percent of the time.

I would love to have Mike Martz. The Mike Martz offense is one of the best schemes ever. He made the Lions a dominant offense. All they were missing was an O-line. I would love to have Martz here as a Head Coach but CHildress still has a year. Childress won't want Martz. Martz might even want to be a head coach but even if he doesnt want to be a Head Coach and even if he wants in Minnesota his offenseive scheme is different then Childress and Childress has a too big of an ego to let Martz be apart of that offense. He gave up the defense and to give up the offense to the OC would be too much for him and Martz would want his system. Plus Martz would need a no name quarterback who he turns amazing (i.e. kitna or Warner) and good receivers. Peterson would need to be more of a receiving back or we'd need to draft my guy Callender out of BC to be the receivng back and Peterson the running back. But Childress wouldn't want him as OC. Both would want there system and both be too stubborn and egotistical to not have there system in place.
    And Martz would want to call plays and Childress wants to do that because he never did that in Philly. He is calling plays by the way no matter what article you bring up he has the play calling sheet. he's talking to Jackson before he goes in the huddle and he is talking before each play to call the plays.

Martz will go somewhere where a defensive minded guy is Head Coach and give him control of that offense or someone not egotistical so much that they wouldn't be open to the Mike Martz offense. Or he'll be head coach somewhere. If he's still on the market next year I'd take him in a second. But Cowher is going to be on the market next year on account of waiting for his daughter to finish school and she's in her senior year. That is if Childress isn't here next year
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast