Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Might as well start lookimg at receivers

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    and posters like you jamie are a dime a dozen...they come and go.

I guess the same could be said for yourself. Fluff, unfounded comments fly around here daily, I suppose you fit right in then.
    including yourself

:wave: good night to you enlvike, thanx for the laugh tonight, let me know how the receiver thing works out for ya when the draft is over. I'll be here, who knows about you. Member since 2001 with a few posts, you just might "come and go" away for awhile again ...
    just what we need another member who thinks the quality of a member is based on the amount of post he/she has. lol wow again We already have quite a few of them in a race for the "I got the most posts" bragging rights. See my buddy Cajun :grin: I will be here when the draft is over...like i always have been. good night.
    Hey, don't drag me into the battle...I was just having fun watching!

There is plenty of room here for the both of you...and it's OK to agree to disagree...like one of you said, we are all experts.

As for the "post race", I never thought that the fact that I have a lot to say would become a bone of contention. WTF would everyone have to read if others didn't make posts...this is the main reason that I encourage, prod and cajole others to speak up...I am sorry if some find the resultant outpouring of posts (serious or comical) offensive.

And to think that I was really hoping that enlvikeman was finally getting serious about making alot more posts...I guess that his most recent outpouring was just an anomoly. :sad:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

i want jason avant in the third with the burly pick.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    I just think he will pick one up and mold him into the WCO. Probably in the 3rd or 4th round. Koren is good, Troy is unproven but has potential, Travis has been an historic underachiever, and Marcus Robinson is getting long in the tooth. Our best receiver Burleson is gone by the way. Not saying it's 100% gonna happen...it's just an opinion on what I feel.
    Williamson was a rookie...what did you expect?

Taylor came from BALTIMORE...you know, the place where Receivers go to DIE. He came from an anemic offense, HE wasn't the problem there.

Koren is showing GREAT upside.

Marcus, while getting older, can still go up after balls...which seems to be all we ask him to do.

Burleson did NOTHING last season...even when healthy. No way was he our "best" receiver...Taylor played that role all season long, and I'll bet Koren takes it up a notch this season. Burleson was a good receiver among good receivers.

That said, the only way we pull a receiver in the draft is if he is the best player available when we come on the clock.

Caine
    Ok here we go....

Williamson was a rookie...what did you expect?

Pretty much said that.

Koren is showing GREAT upside.

And again...pretty much said the same thing

Marcus, while getting older, can still go up after balls...which seems to be all we ask him to do.
    Never said anything of the contrary

Burleson did NOTHING last season...even when healthy. No way was he our "best" receiver...Taylor played that role all season long, and I'll bet Koren takes it up a notch this season. Burleson was a good receiver among good receivers.

And were going to have to disagree on this one. Burleson was dynamic in 2004 with Moss out of the game. With Brad starting the season and if Burleson had not been injured, he would have been our leading receiver. I'll bookmark this thread. When we take a receiver (and we will) prior to the 4th round...I will bump the thread. Peace.
    Not to devolve this into a fight (I saw you have one going with others already), I'll just stick to smilies here :grin:

I noticed you cut out the Taylor comment in your response...any reason why? IMO, Taylor became our "Go To" guy last season by catching darn near everything they threw at him. In the role of possession receiver he was fantastic and he moved the chains quite a few times. I don't believe Baltimore ALLOWED him to shine...which is why he wanted to come here in the first place. IMO, we stole him, and I'm darn glad to have him.

On Burleson, you're right, we will disagree.

When Moss was out - and this was debated in another thread - he had ONE good game (Versus Green Bay). The other 2 games Moss was absent for, Burleson didn't do much. The 2 Moss was in a little bit of, Burleson didn't play poorly, but he didn't set the league on fire either. The majority of his great games came with Moss drawing the doubles.

Last season, when it was Burleson's time to shine...well,,,he didn't. Sure, he was hurt for part of the time, but aside from one spectacular TD grab, he didn't really show much all season. In fact, he showed LESS than the other 4 guys did.

I don't miss Burleson. He was GOOD, and I liked him, but he was simply another disposable receiver, not someone you build a game plan around. Koren may be the closest we have to that now, unless Troy steps up big this season (I give rookie receivers 3 years to produce). But even that will be much less frequent than in years past with the new offense being put in (I'm guessing). Koren and Troy will keep DB's honest while Travis and Marcus will move the chains.

So, what type of rookie WR would we bring in? No one jumps out as a "must have" guy...not for our new offense. The guys we have now can already do everything that will be required...we don't have any holes that need to be filled there.

Think about it, there is a REASON the Vikes put such a low tender on Burleson. They knew that he was expendable. If they could keep him cheap, fine. If not, they would get SOMETHING out of the deal.

Burleson will be good in Seattle - make no mistake on that. But he won't set the League on fire. He'll be a GREAT #2...but he has a ways to go to be a good #1.

Caine

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

People giving an opinion and being attacked....who would have guessed?

:roll:

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

No need to butt heads, don't provoke a fight by being a smart guy and then be surprised by the results. Cheer up, its almost draft day!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234