Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Might as well start lookimg at receivers

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    Why would we waste a pick on a WR pool that is short on talent when we have 3 former 1st round picks?

-DD
    True that...the first 3 or 4 guys on that list will be gone by the time our first 2nd rounder hits (and I think we go QB anyway there)...maybe someone like Skyler Green in the 4th round or so...great speed, small but explosive, maybe our new punt returner?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"Lando" wrote:
    Yah Burly really showed his stuff last year .. get over it, we have enough depth at this position already.
    Excuse me? Your berating the wrong guy FNG. Get over what? Losing Burleson? Did I say I was sad about it or something? Get over yourself bud.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

jellovike is offline Starter

Anybody think we could get Jeremy Bloom in the later rounds? I wouldn't mind having him to return punts. He's supposed to be ridiculously fast.
    Zygi Zagi Zygi Zagi Oy Oy Oy!!!

"Caine" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    I just think he will pick one up and mold him into the WCO. Probably in the 3rd or 4th round. Koren is good, Troy is unproven but has potential, Travis has been an historic underachiever, and Marcus Robinson is getting long in the tooth. Our best receiver Burleson is gone by the way. Not saying it's 100% gonna happen...it's just an opinion on what I feel.
    Williamson was a rookie...what did you expect?

Taylor came from BALTIMORE...you know, the place where Receivers go to DIE. He came from an anemic offense, HE wasn't the problem there.

Koren is showing GREAT upside.

Marcus, while getting older, can still go up after balls...which seems to be all we ask him to do.

Burleson did NOTHING last season...even when healthy. No way was he our "best" receiver...Taylor played that role all season long, and I'll bet Koren takes it up a notch this season. Burleson was a good receiver among good receivers.

That said, the only way we pull a receiver in the draft is if he is the best player available when we come on the clock.

Caine
    Ok here we go....

Pretty much said that.

And again...pretty much said the same thing

Marcus, while getting older, can still go up after balls...which seems to be all we ask him to do.
    Never said anything of the contrary

Burleson did NOTHING last season...even when healthy. No way was he our "best" receiver...Taylor played that role all season long, and I'll bet Koren takes it up a notch this season. Burleson was a good receiver among good receivers.

And were going to have to disagree on this one. Burleson was dynamic in 2004 with Moss out of the game. With Brad starting the season and if Burleson had not been injured, he would have been our leading receiver. I'll bookmark this thread. When we take a receiver (and we will) prior to the 4th round...I will bump the thread. Peace.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

Jeremy is offline Starter

"jellovike" wrote:
    Anybody think we could get Jeremy Bloom in the later rounds? I wouldn't mind having him to return punts. He's supposed to be ridiculously fast.
    Moore was one of the best punt returners in the league last year. We don't really need a punt returner. Maybe kick returner if they don't let K Rob return kicks. I know at the end of last year he was saying he wanted to keep returning kicks even if he worked his way into the starting rotation. They would be really stupid to not let the guy do that. We havn't had a really good kick returner since.......I can't even think of one. David Palmer? Maybe? I think his speciality was punt returns though.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    I just think he will pick one up and mold him into the WCO. Probably in the 3rd or 4th round. Koren is good, Troy is unproven but has potential, Travis has been an historic underachiever, and Marcus Robinson is getting long in the tooth. Our best receiver Burleson is gone by the way. Not saying it's 100% gonna happen...it's just an opinion on what I feel.

Taylor came from BALTIMORE...you know, the place where Receivers go to DIE. He came from an anemic offense, HE wasn't the problem there.

That said, the only way we pull a receiver in the draft is if he is the best player available when we come on the clock.

Caine
    Ok here we go....

Pretty much said that.

And again...pretty much said the same thing

Never said anything of the contrary

And were going to have to disagree on this one. Burleson was dynamic in 2004 with Moss out of the game. With Brad starting the season and if Burleson had not been injured, he would have been our leading receiver. I'll bookmark this thread. When we take a receiver (and we will) prior to the 4th round...I will bump the thread. Peace.

Mute point. The WR depth in this years draft is very shallow. We wont touch a WR this year unless it's in the 6th round or later as a flyer prospect. There just isn't any talent. Make sure to bookmark this as you said, but also make sure to come back and take your serving of crow also when it doesn't happen.

Re: Might as well start looking at receivers

Ok buddy...I'll make sure I'll come back to get crow from you. LoL WoW

Jeremy is offline Starter

I think they will draft a reciever early, in the 2007 draft.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Title fits you well enlvike ... too well it seems. :roll:

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Title fits you well enlvike ... too well it seems. :roll:
    thank you...I chose it myself to be comical. Is that a cartoon of you or is it there for comedy purposes?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast