Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Michael Boulware set to visit.UPDATE: Signs along with Kendrick Allen

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    You have to wonder if they are planning on using him as a cover 2 LB since he has played both LB and S.
    If he put on 10-15 more lbs and didn't lose a step, he could be a really good LB in our scheme.

Allen will get a look at DT, but I don't think he'll be around come regular season, mainly because I think we'll get a rookie in the first 4 rounds that will take up a roster spot.

And I really think this means we are thinking about taking a QB in the first 2 rounds now.
    All of our needs are filled now except QB and LDE (even though I'm not going to sell Mitchell short just yet), and we can take the BPA in every spot or use some picks to trade up and grab better prospects.
    I just hope we don't trade up to get Ryan since I think Brohm, Henne, and Flacco are all close behind and could be had in the late first/early second.
    We take Bhrom at 17 if harvey isn't there.
    Sounds like my mock is coming together .
    We already saw the Cowboys tip their hand about having DRC ranked as their highest DB.

Dolphins -
    Vernon Gholson, DE/LB

A lot of people speculate that the 'phins are going to try and trade down.
    If not I like Gholston as the pick because he is the sort of player Parcell's loves for his 3-4 scheme.
    After the success he had with Demarcus Ware, I don't blame him for putting a huge value on versatile tweener guys like this.
    By draft day the hype will have Vernon the number one pick in a lot more mocks.

Rams -
    Sedrick Ellis, DT

This was the hardest one for me to figure out, because the Rams could go almost any direction.
    The Rams had a horrible defense last year, so in the end I think they choose a run-stuffer/pocket-collapser like Ellis so Carriker can kick outside to his natural position at DE.

Falcons -
    Matt Ryan, QB

Do Arthur Blank and his organization have any other choice than to go with the most squeeky clean QB in this year's draft after last season's Vick fiasco?
    Oh, by the way, Ryan is the most talented QB at this point too.

Raiders -
    Chris Long, DE

A lot of mocks have McFadden landing here because Al Davis like "flashy" players.
    With all the contempt for Davis' ownership style lately, I think he makes the best move he's made in years by taking the son of one of his former stars.
    Man...Davis is old.

Chiefs -
    Jake Long, OT

The prayers are answered in KC as the best tackle in the draft falls into their laps.
    LJ will make his comeback season and fantasy owners will be kicking themselves for not drafting him in the top 5.

Jets -
    Keith Rivers, LB

With the departure of Jonathan Vilma, the Jets have to get a stud LB to lay the wood on New England, and Rivers may be the best true LB of this draft.

Patriots -
    Darren McFadden, RB

How sick is that?
    Maroney needs help and Faulk is getting older and Morris is just average.
    McFadden will add another dynamic to the Pats offense just like Moss did last year.
    Ugh!

Ravens -
    Leodis McKelvin, CB

The Ravens are getting old at CB.
    A fresh new talent at CB will energize a defense that lacked that much needed energy last season.

Bengals -
    Glenn Dorsey, DT

Another team gets a gift as injury problems scare off a couple of the earlier teams.
    Dorsey will instantly bring toughness to a pathetic Bengals D.

Saints -
    Mike Jenkins, CB

The Saints have had one of the worst pass defenses for years.
    They will get a solid player in the South Florida prospect.

Bills -
    Malcolm Kelly, WR

I think the Bills are one of the most likely teams to trade down because they will be looking for a big WR to play opposite Lee Evans.
    A player they could probably get 5-10 picks later is Limas Sweed.
    Kelly however looks to be a legitimate top 15 pick, so this wouldn't be a big reach IMO.

Broncos -
    Ryan Clady, OT

Perfect fit for the Bronco's ZB scheme, he brings some youth and athleticism to the LT position.
    Should keep their future franchise QB clean for years.

Panthers -
    Kenny Phillips, S

Can you name both the Panther's starting safeties without thinking too hard?
    I know I can't.
    They really need help at safety and Phillips is a potential superstar.

Bears -
    Limas Sweed, WR

A bit of a reach, but when your best receivers are Marty Booker and a converted CB, it is time to reach for WR talent in the draft.

Lions -
    Jonathan Stewart, RB

Being out of the top 10 this year will actually help Millen make a pick that is not a WR.
    Stewart will come in and compete with Jones for the starting job immediately.

Cardinals -
    Rashard Mendenhall, RB

Probably the most versatile RB in this year's class, he and Edge will make a great tandem.

Vikings -
    Brian Brohm, QB

I know there is large contingent of people that will hate on this pick here, but hear me out.
    Brian Brohm would have been the first QB taken last year if he had declared.
    He is very football smart and comes from a football family.
    Essentially we would be making a security pick here.
    If T-Jack ends up being a bust this year, we have Brohm to fall back on in 2009.
    If T-Jack comes out and has a monster season, we will be in the same boat as the Browns are now, except I think Brohm is more ready to play than Quinn.
    By making this pick, the Vikings are investing in a solid backup plan and at the very least, investing in future trade bait.

Texans -
    Kentwan Balmer, DT

The Texans might make an OL pick here, but their interior defense could still use an upgrade.

Eagles -
    Dan Connor, LB

No more Spikes means there is a roster spot open for a blue-collar player from LBU.

Buccaneers -
    Devin Thomas, WR

The Bucs finally do something to address their WR corps.
    Thomas provides the perfect run-after-the-catch target for Garcia and opens things up downfield for Galloway.

Redskins -
    Derrick Harvey, DE

The Redskins need help on the D-line, and Harvey brings them a good pass-rusher that they desire.

Cowboys -
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB

Jerry Jones is drooling at the prospect of a Deion Sanders clone...except this guy seems to know how to wrap-up and tackle.

Steelers -
    Branden Albert, OG

With Faneca gone, the Steelers bring in a road-grater to open up holes for slick Willie Parker and our boy MeMo.

Titans -
    James Hardy, WR

Vince Young cries when Sweed goes off the board early, but Hardy may end up being a better pro than Sweed in the long run.
    A big target that Young can fade balls to in the red zone.

Seahawks -
    Chris William, OT

With the RB situation getting crowded and the three best RBs off the board, the Seahawks make a smart pick by getting a new tackle to take over for big Walt in a couple years.

Jaguars -
    Calais Campbell, DE

Apparently adding Troy Williamson and Jerry Porter is an upgrade to your WR corps, so the Jags pass on a player like D. Jackson and beef up their already stout defensive line.

Chargers -
    Reggie Smith, CB/S

Smith can play safety or corner and will most likely end up taking over McCree's vacated position at safety.
    He will make the Charger's secondary even more dynamic.

Cowboys -
    Desean Jackson, WR

We all talk about how Al Davis likes flashy players, but Jerry Jones is no different.
    Jackson will be a threat to go to the house on returns as well as on short passes and WR screens.

49ers -
    Quentin Groves, DE/OLB

Groves will give the Niners that edge rusher that will really compliment the defensive ROY, Patrick Willis.

Packers -
    Antoine Cason, CB

The Packers have corners that will be collecting social security check in a few years.

Patriots - No pick, douchebags

Giants -
    Erin Henderson, LB

E.J.'s brother goes to the champs, who need help in the secondary too.
    I would prefer not investing a first round pick on a backup. If Childress wanted a Qb he might have taken Quinn probably last year. But TJack has made progress and should be better then last year. I think we will take a QB in later rounds if at all...

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    You have to wonder if they are planning on using him as a cover 2 LB since he has played both LB and S.
    If he put on 10-15 more lbs and didn't lose a step, he could be a really good LB in our scheme.

Allen will get a look at DT, but I don't think he'll be around come regular season, mainly because I think we'll get a rookie in the first 4 rounds that will take up a roster spot.

And I really think this means we are thinking about taking a QB in the first 2 rounds now.
    All of our needs are filled now except QB and LDE (even though I'm not going to sell Mitchell short just yet), and we can take the BPA in every spot or use some picks to trade up and grab better prospects.
    I just hope we don't trade up to get Ryan since I think Brohm, Henne, and Flacco are all close behind and could be had in the late first/early second.
    We already saw the Cowboys tip their hand about having DRC ranked as their highest DB.

Dolphins -
    Vernon Gholson, DE/LB

If not I like Gholston as the pick because he is the sort of player Parcell's loves for his 3-4 scheme.
    After the success he had with Demarcus Ware, I don't blame him for putting a huge value on versatile tweener guys like this.

Rams -
    Sedrick Ellis, DT

This was the hardest one for me to figure out, because the Rams could go almost any direction.
    The Rams had a horrible defense last year, so in the end I think they choose a run-stuffer/pocket-collapser like Ellis so Carriker can kick outside to his natural position at DE.

Falcons -
    Matt Ryan, QB

Do Arthur Blank and his organization have any other choice than to go with the most squeeky clean QB in this year's draft after last season's Vick fiasco?

Raiders -
    Chris Long, DE

A lot of mocks have McFadden landing here because Al Davis like "flashy" players.
    With all the contempt for Davis' ownership style lately, I think he makes the best move he's made in years by taking the son of one of his former stars.
    Man...Davis is old.

Chiefs -
    Jake Long, OT

The prayers are answered in KC as the best tackle in the draft falls into their laps.
    LJ will make his comeback season and fantasy owners will be kicking themselves for not drafting him in the top 5.

Jets -
    Keith Rivers, LB

With the departure of Jonathan Vilma, the Jets have to get a stud LB to lay the wood on New England, and Rivers may be the best true LB of this draft.

Patriots -
    Darren McFadden, RB

How sick is that?
    McFadden will add another dynamic to the Pats offense just like Moss did last year.
    Ugh!

Ravens -
    Leodis McKelvin, CB

A fresh new talent at CB will energize a defense that lacked that much needed energy last season.

Bengals -
    Glenn Dorsey, DT

Another team gets a gift as injury problems scare off a couple of the earlier teams.

Saints -
    Mike Jenkins, CB

Bills -
    Malcolm Kelly, WR

I think the Bills are one of the most likely teams to trade down because they will be looking for a big WR to play opposite Lee Evans.
    Kelly however looks to be a legitimate top 15 pick, so this wouldn't be a big reach IMO.

Broncos -
    Ryan Clady, OT

Perfect fit for the Bronco's ZB scheme, he brings some youth and athleticism to the LT position.

Panthers -
    Kenny Phillips, S

I know I can't.

Bears -
    Limas Sweed, WR

A bit of a reach, but when your best receivers are Marty Booker and a converted CB, it is time to reach for WR talent in the draft.

Lions -
    Jonathan Stewart, RB

Being out of the top 10 this year will actually help Millen make a pick that is not a WR.

Cardinals -
    Rashard Mendenhall, RB

Probably the most versatile RB in this year's class, he and Edge will make a great tandem.

Vikings -
    Brian Brohm, QB

I know there is large contingent of people that will hate on this pick here, but hear me out.
    If T-Jack ends up being a bust this year, we have Brohm to fall back on in 2009.
    If T-Jack comes out and has a monster season, we will be in the same boat as the Browns are now, except I think Brohm is more ready to play than Quinn.
    By making this pick, the Vikings are investing in a solid backup plan and at the very least, investing in future trade bait.

Texans -
    Kentwan Balmer, DT

The Texans might make an OL pick here, but their interior defense could still use an upgrade.

Eagles -
    Dan Connor, LB

No more Spikes means there is a roster spot open for a blue-collar player from LBU.

Buccaneers -
    Devin Thomas, WR

Thomas provides the perfect run-after-the-catch target for Garcia and opens things up downfield for Galloway.

Redskins -
    Derrick Harvey, DE

The Redskins need help on the D-line, and Harvey brings them a good pass-rusher that they desire.

Cowboys -

Jerry Jones is drooling at the prospect of a Deion Sanders clone...except this guy seems to know how to wrap-up and tackle.

Steelers -
    Branden Albert, OG

With Faneca gone, the Steelers bring in a road-grater to open up holes for slick Willie Parker and our boy MeMo.

Titans -
    James Hardy, WR

Vince Young cries when Sweed goes off the board early, but Hardy may end up being a better pro than Sweed in the long run.

Seahawks -
    Chris William, OT

With the RB situation getting crowded and the three best RBs off the board, the Seahawks make a smart pick by getting a new tackle to take over for big Walt in a couple years.

Jaguars -
    Calais Campbell, DE

Apparently adding Troy Williamson and Jerry Porter is an upgrade to your WR corps, so the Jags pass on a player like D. Jackson and beef up their already stout defensive line.

Chargers -
    Reggie Smith, CB/S

Smith can play safety or corner and will most likely end up taking over McCree's vacated position at safety.

Cowboys -
    Desean Jackson, WR

We all talk about how Al Davis likes flashy players, but Jerry Jones is no different.
    Jackson will be a threat to go to the house on returns as well as on short passes and WR screens.

49ers -
    Quentin Groves, DE/OLB

Groves will give the Niners that edge rusher that will really compliment the defensive ROY, Patrick Willis.

Packers -
    Antoine Cason, CB

The Packers have corners that will be collecting social security check in a few years.

Giants -
    Erin Henderson, LB

I would prefer not investing a first round pick on a backup. If Childress wanted a Qb he might have taken Quinn probably last year. But TJack has made progress and should be better then last year. I think we will take a QB in later rounds if at all...
    While I would much rather us addr DE in the early parts of the draft, we need to start a qb project. Good teams have a back up plan. If we discover this season tht Tj isn't the man what would we do? Start a new Qb project? Good teams groom a man in the wings to take over in case. BB is a good enough back up for TJ this season. A you qb would be the perfect fit.
    I would like us to sign Gray and draft Brohm and cut BB but...we don't live in a perfect world.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:

Dolphins -
    Vernon Gholson, DE/LB

Rams -
    Sedrick Ellis, DT

Falcons -
    Matt Ryan, QB

Raiders -
    Chris Long, DE

Man...Davis is old.

Chiefs -
    Jake Long, OT

Jets -
    Keith Rivers, LB

Patriots -
    Darren McFadden, RB

How sick is that?
    Ugh!

Ravens -
    Leodis McKelvin, CB

Bengals -
    Glenn Dorsey, DT

Saints -
    Mike Jenkins, CB

Bills -
    Malcolm Kelly, WR

Broncos -
    Ryan Clady, OT

Panthers -
    Kenny Phillips, S

I know I can't.

Bears -
    Limas Sweed, WR

Lions -
    Jonathan Stewart, RB

Cardinals -
    Rashard Mendenhall, RB

Vikings -
    Brian Brohm, QB

Texans -
    Kentwan Balmer, DT

Eagles -
    Dan Connor, LB

Buccaneers -
    Devin Thomas, WR

Redskins -
    Derrick Harvey, DE

Cowboys -

Steelers -
    Branden Albert, OG

Titans -
    James Hardy, WR

Seahawks -
    Chris William, OT

Jaguars -
    Calais Campbell, DE

Chargers -
    Reggie Smith, CB/S

Cowboys -
    Desean Jackson, WR

49ers -
    Quentin Groves, DE/OLB

Packers -
    Antoine Cason, CB

Giants -
    Erin Henderson, LB

While I would much rather us addr DE in the early parts of the draft, we need to start a qb project. Good teams have a back up plan. If we discover this season tht Tj isn't the man what would we do? Start a new Qb project? Good teams groom a man in the wings to take over in case. BB is a good enough back up for TJ this season. A you qb would be the perfect fit.
    I would like us to sign Gray and draft Brohm and cut BB but...we don't live in a perfect world.
    Again What does the Mock draft have to do with th signings seriously guys take it somewhere else >

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Lets not derail this thread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456