Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Is Merling the answer at DE?

One more time for possible penetration....

We have two needs at DE.
    We need a guy who can play across the line especially at LDE (Merling) as well as a need for a "Edge Rush" DE that can come in during plays were down and distance dictate a pure pass rusher.

There are about 4 or 5 Merlings in this draft and a butt load of "Edge Rushers" that can come in and contribute right away.

If Harvey is there you take him and a Langford later, if Harvey is gone and Merling is there you take Merling and a Darrell Robertson later.

Pretty simple when you look at it that way.
    What makes it tougher is when you factor in the OT issue.

My guess is they could take a Williams at 17, Langford later as well as a Robertson later filling all three needs.
    Or they could take a Merling at 17, a Baker or Nicks kindof guy in the 2nd with Langford and Robertson later.

Again, still pretty simple when you look at it with a bit of common sense.
    But you have to start with the fact that we have two holes at DE to begin with before you can understand what needs to be done.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Good post Marr...

i also wouldnt mind getting Groves... a outstanding edge rusher, which the vikings need more than anything and then come back and get Langford

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    Good post Marr...

i also wouldnt mind getting Groves... a outstanding edge rusher, which the vikings need more than anything and then come back and get Langford
    i wouldnt mind getting groves either, but i dont think at 17, i think we would have to trade down a little in the 1st, to the mid 20s. He would be a reach at 17.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    Good post Marr...

i wouldnt mind getting groves either, but i dont think at 17, i think we would have to trade down a little in the 1st, to the mid 20s. He would be a reach at 17.
    true, i would love to trade down and get another pick and then maybe, use that pick and some other picks to move up somewhere in the draft

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    Good post Marr...

It really comes down to how the Spielman has his value board ranked based on the info that Studwells scouts provided.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    Good post Marr...

It really comes down to how the Spielman has his value board ranked based on the info that Studwells scouts provided.
    true, right now id rather get Groves at 17 the Merling.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    Good post Marr...

I'm not so sure about Groves at 17 anymore, he had heart surgery last month, and although it was minor, I'm sure it'll cause him to drop.

"Mr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    Good post Marr...

I'm not so sure about Groves at 17 anymore, he had heart surgery last month, and although it was minor, I'm sure it'll cause him to drop.
    but not as much as Merling with his sports hernia surgery, either way, id like the vikings to try to get out of the 17 spot, either up to get harvey or down to get groves, unless one of the top OTs are still on the board.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    One more time for possible penetration....

We have two needs at DE.
    We need a guy who can play across the line especially at LDE (Merling) as well as a need for a "Edge Rush" DE that can come in during plays were down and distance dictate a pure pass rusher.

There are about 4 or 5 Merlings in this draft and a butt load of "Edge Rushers" that can come in and contribute right away.

If Harvey is there you take him and a Langford later, if Harvey is gone and Merling is there you take Merling and a Darrell Robertson later.

Pretty simple when you look at it that way.
    What makes it tougher is when you factor in the OT issue.

My guess is they could take a Williams at 17, Langford later as well as a Robertson later filling all three needs.
    Or they could take a Merling at 17, a Baker or Nicks kindof guy in the 2nd with Langford and Robertson later.

Again, still pretty simple when you look at it with a bit of common sense.
    But you have to start with the fact that we have two holes at DE to begin with before you can understand what needs to be done.

;D
    I don't think we have 2 holes at DE.
    I think we Have 1 hole( rush stopping DE) and we would like to upgrade our Pass Rushers as well.
    Maybe that's the samething you're saying. However, it would depends on how our FO wants to address the draft. You have to ask yourself about the Defensive Linemen we signed. Why did we bring them onboard? It certinly wasn't just because. We have added alot of DLineman in FA..

I believe we look like this.

DE

DT
    Gigsby

Williams

Robison

Williams
    Edwards

Allen
    Mitchell

Edwards
    Wyms

IR -
    Udeze
    James

I just don't believe that we will add 2 DEs to this equation.
    I think we will target a edge rusher. I think Wyms at 6-3 290 was brought in to play the run. After all we just got ride of a tweener DT why would we add another one?

"Mr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    Good post Marr...

Yeah he had heart surgery and that was y he was dropping, but i saw on NFL network that he sent all 32 teams a letter telling the teams all about
    the surgery and adam said it seems like he is moving back the Mid or late first round

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast