singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Jeff Garcia not in Bucs plans

I'd rather have Garcia here mentoring
    & teaching Jackson, then a career backup QB (Frerotte) mentoring
    & teaching him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesfan713 is offline Rookie

havent we already tried to mentor Jackson maybe it is time to mentor JD Booty.
    or even a qb from the draft

"vikesfan713" wrote:
    i do think after the combine people are going to be all about Freeman they will compare him to daunte coming out and His arm to Flacco, dont get me wrong I am not saying he has the arm of flacco but I do think he will be a good starter in the league.
    Kansas state runs a pro style offense

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"vikesfan713" wrote:
    You don't think it's showing off? If you look at TJ from last year and TJ from the year before i see improvement. We did not have a real mentor here in Minnesota from who he could learn from if you ask me. Frerotte? BJ? BJ thought he could still start. that's a big of a joke as Frerotte thinking he could still start. Brooks Bollinger wasn't suppose to mentor. Garcia is the QB TJ could learn from. they are alike. I think Derek Anderson isn't a mentor, he only started a couple more games than TJ and really stunk it up last season.

Booty? Booty? He couldn't even play the game in pre-season against a bunch of third stringers.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "vikesfan713" wrote:
    You don't think it's showing off? If you look at TJ from last year and TJ from the year before i see improvement. We did not have a real mentor here in Minnesota from who he could learn from if you ask me. Frerotte? BJ? BJ thought he could still start. that's a big of a joke as Frerotte thinking he could still start. Brooks Bollinger wasn't suppose to mentor. Garcia is the QB TJ could learn from. they are alike. I think Derek Anderson isn't a mentor, he only started a couple more games than TJ and really stunk it up last season.

Booty? Booty? He couldn't even play the game in pre-season against a bunch of third stringers.
    i dont htink it made a huge difference between the 2 seasons he is a spot starter in this league.
    People need to decide that we need to cut ties with him.
    people get all pumped up until he actually gets out there and makes same mistakes how are you going to have a great qb that is one of the lowest in the league passing pct outside of pocket.
    and still trying to be a mobile qb

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"vikesfan713" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "vikesfan713" wrote:

i dont htink it made a huge difference between the 2 seasons he is a spot starter in this league.
    people get all pumped up until he actually gets out there and makes same mistakes how are you going to have a great qb that is one of the lowest in the league passing pct outside of pocket.
    LMAO, so there weren't any diffrences between last season and the '07 season?
    Why should we cut ties with TJ? Even if we went with somebody else he would be a great backup.
    I still think he could get it done. What did he show last season that we should cut the ties? The loss in the playoffs? He lost his first playoff game, the game that he lead us to ( i'm almost sure if Frerotte wasn't injured we wouldn't have made it )
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "vikesfan713" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "vikesfan713" wrote:

LMAO, so there weren't any diffrences between last season and the '07 season?
    Why should we cut ties with TJ? Even if we went with somebody else he would be a great backup.
    I still think he could get it done. What did he show last season that we should cut the ties? The loss in the playoffs? He lost his first playoff game, the game that he lead us to ( i'm almost sure if Frerotte wasn't injured we wouldn't have made it )
    Cutting ties totally would be a bad move.

Replace him as the starter? Yes. Cut him completely? Heck no.

BTW, what is TJ's completion percentage outside of the pocket? I'd like to see some evidence to back that up.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"skum" wrote:
    Im afraid its to late for Garcia, 39 years old is just too much..

He can still move, but can he move for 16 games+ ?
    I think Garcia would be the guy coming off the bench, and he is a older version of Tarvaris. We should make a offer to Kurt Warner first, then if it doesn't pan out go for Garcia. I think Warner would take the starting job, but Jeff would be the second teamer.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Im afraid its to late for Garcia, 39 years old is just too much..

He can still move, but can he move for 16 games+ ?
    I think Garcia would be the guy coming off the bench, and he is a older version of Tarvaris. We should make a offer to Kurt Warner first, then if it doesn't pan out go for Garcia. I think Warner would take the starting job, but Jeff would be the second teamer.
    I think Warner will be back with the Cards. Either that or he will retire (which I don't think he will).

The odds of Warner picking up and moving his family again are slim, IMO. Plus, he has Larry Fitzgerald and (maybe) Anquan Boldin in Arizona....would you trade that for Berrian and Wade?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Tad7" wrote:
    Now let's consider Garcia's NFC North possibilities, building up to the situation that makes the most sense from both sides:
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-8-67/Imagining-Garcia-in-these-parts.html

And I'm really hoping Seifert got the TD/INT stats backwards lol
    Why it won't happen: Coach Brad Childress has been loyal to Jackson and will give him every opportunity to succeed. The Vikings had a chance to sign Garcia two years ago and passed. If Garcia does his homework, he'll find out that at least two veteran quarterbacks -- Brad Johnson and Gus Frerotte -- ended their seasons disenchanted with their roles.
    Couple things.

1. They IMO wanted to start TJ when Garcia was last available. Things have changed since then. TJ has been injured and even benched. It is time to see if TJ can beat out a good QB. If not we roll with Garcia until he can.

2. If Garcia does his homework he will realize that he is 100% better than Brad and Gus. I don't see why he wouldn't jump at this opportunity to potentially get that Super Bowl ring before he retires. This is his best chance. He has never played with a RB like Peterson. He will have his best year if he starts here. He will tear apart 8 in the box.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast