Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

(Merged) Garcia is available

[size=13pt]Not In Bucs Plans, Garcia Says He Has A Lot To Give[/size]

By ROY CUMMINGS | The Tampa Tribune
    Published: February 16, 2009

Updated: 03:42 pm

TAMPA - Jeff Garcia has been kicked to the curb again, this time by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Garcia believes, though, that like the Browns, Lions and Eagles before them, the Bucs may wind up kicking themselves for letting him go.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jeff Garcia not in Bucs plans

Garcia is the only QB out there that similar TJ the most. He knows the WCO, has literally everything you want from a WCO QB, and is so mobile for a QB his age. Remember when we played the Bucs we could hardly sack him? And even if there was pressure, he got rid of the ball and i'm pretty sure he completed most of those passes...

Bring this guy in here please! TJ could seriously learn from him plus he should like our situation. ( playoff bound, great young talented team - good chances for making a superbowl run )
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I think getting Jeff Garcia should be the Vikings first order of business on opening day of free agency.

He isn't amazing or anything but I think a QB like him could make us legit.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Now that Favre is retired Jeff is likely the best option available. If he were to sign a reasonable one year deal to come in and compete for the starting job, I would sign him up. It was obviously not his fault that the Bucs defense collapsed at the end of the season. I do wonder about his ability to stay healthy though. None the less, if we fix the oline issues, Jeff steps into a pretty good situation, he is familiar with the West Coast and the weapons to do damage are in place. Plus he don't cost draft picks, so there are some positives.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Im afraid its to late for Garcia, 39 years old is just too much..

He can still move, but can he move for 16 games+ ?

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Now that Favre is retired Jeff is likely the best option available. If he were to sign a reasonable one year deal to come in and compete for the starting job, I would sign him up. It was obviously not his fault that the Bucs defense collapsed at the end of the season. I do wonder about his ability to stay healthy though. None the less, if we fix the oline issues, Jeff steps into a pretty good situation, he is familiar with the West Coast and the weapons to do damage are in place. Plus he don't cost draft picks, so there are some positives.
    Find me a veteran QB, that fits the WCO and has no health troubles. I don't think there are any.
    I'd give him a one year deal with an option for an additional year if he receives certain goals ( i don't know if there are any such contracts in AF? we have them in soccer )
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

They also mentioned on ESPN that Garcia and Childress have a relationship going back to when Garcia was an Eagle in 2006.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Not big on the older quarterbacks, but options are limited, I think he's the guy who needs to be brought in, he's got atleast 1 more year in him, imo.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Meh.

If they signed him I don't think it would be great.
    Garcia has stated that he wants to be a guaranteed starter wherever he goes, and I think that is ridiculous for a 39 year old journeyman QB to demand.
    If he will sign and agree to compete for the starting role I have no qualms about that.

Having Jackson starting next year would not be the worst thing that could happen.
    He has shown improvement steadily over time, but did not play great in his first playoff game.
    It should be interesting to see what the Vikes do this offseason.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Meh.

If they signed him I don't think it would be great.
    Garcia has stated that he wants to be a guaranteed starter wherever he goes, and I think that is ridiculous for a 39 year old journeyman QB to demand.
    If he will sign and agree to compete for the starting role I have no qualms about that.

Having Jackson starting next year would not be the worst thing that could happen.
    He has shown improvement steadily over time, but did not play great in his first playoff game.
    It should be interesting to see what the Vikes do this offseason.
    Garcia most recently said he hopes to be able to get a starting job. Saw it on espn today. It sounded like he would be okay with competing for the job.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast