Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    rdknieff is offline Starter

Re: meeting w chestor taylor

"brbitker" wrote:
    Did you all forget that Priest Holmes was Jamal Lewis' backup for a while too?
    good point. but my pessimistic side says that for every one of those stories there a few hundred that never give you that type of reward.
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Chester Taylor is NO Priest Holmes, I will promise you that....

Priest Holmes backed up Jamal Lewis, but thats where the similarities end! And back when Priest backed up Lewis, Jamal was actually GOOD....last year Lewis sucked you know what and Taylor was forgotten....

If Taylor was so good, then he would have been resigned to replace Lewis....cuz Lewis is gone too...

What is he? A glorified MeMo.....that is all

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

rdknieff is offline Starter

Let's start a chant.....NO CHESTER, NO CHESTER, NO CHESTER! c'mon....all together now :grin:
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"audioghost" wrote:

Priest Holmes backed up Jamal Lewis, but thats where the similarities end! And back when Priest backed up Lewis, Jamal was actually GOOD....last year Lewis sucked you know what and Taylor was forgotten....

If Taylor was so good, then he would have been resigned to replace Lewis....cuz Lewis is gone too...

I would agree with ya except one thing, Memo gets hurt alot and heals like a school girl. Taylor will be a good fit in our offense.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

With all the great proven backs out there and all our cap space we go after Chester freakin' Taylor? BS!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Besided Edge who are the proven backs ya talk about?

JDante is offline Rookie

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    With all the great proven backs out there and all our cap space we go after Chester freakin' Taylor? BS!
    preach!

im all about deangelo williams now, or edgerrin james. i have always been a edgehead for like...3 years i seen him play and jus started likin his style of play. but if we wanna save money we get deangelo in tha draft and SIGN DREW BREES in free agency. SIGN. DREW. BREES.
    Yea.

Prophet Guest

Edge has been my favorite RB since he came into the league, of course I would love to see him come to Minnesota. I'm not in the anti-Chester crowd though. Any RB is not far from riding the bench during the season, high probability of injury. Maybe the team is going down the road of having a deep set of RBs rather than a hero. I'm not talking about RB by committee, just having three servicable backs and having them battle it out for the start. With the assumption that the Viking have a real coaching staff now I am banking on them using the talents of the personnel that are on the team, whoever they may be. That is what Childress has been saying all along, the game plan will utilize the talents of the people on the 53-man roster. Tice couldn't even fathom that concept, as basic as it is.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

As I posted in another thread, what is worng with Taylor? Besides Edge there are no real quality backs as FAs. Sure Taylor backed up Lewis. He rushed for 2000 yards a couple of years ago. Ravens were trying to give him another chance. If you noticed Taylor got more touches later in the season. 4.3 ypc in his career and 7.1 yards per catch isn't a bad thing for a WCO. Think about as a running team, that's 8.6 yards on 1st & 2nd downs. Look at the bog picture here. Sure I would love Edge on the team and he is my 1st choice. Taylor would be a good fit in MN and a WCO. He's young, strong, and durable. I'm not trying to dis MeMo but with the injuries, Taylor would be an upgrade.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

"audioghost" wrote:

you have no idea who the hell you are talking about do you since you have never seen him play. he is a great back and you are like o hes a backup we dont need him. last year in the offseason he was a restricted free agent and the browns offered him a 4millin dollar contract and they kept him. anyway he was behind lewis who had that 2000 yard season a couple years ago. it is just like daunte they wanted to show him some respect by keeping him the starter because what he has done for the franchise. all in all you have to see chester play before you judge him and also he wont be like edge or daunte he is a team player and you will definetly not see him being a distraction. i have met him and he loves the fans and he plays for the love of the game!!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast