Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: meeting w chestor taylor

I'm really on the fence....Like I'm not totally against it but again I dont know if its a good move. I'm pretty much open to the RB area..hopefully Brad and Zigy know what thier doin.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We have money.. We seriously need a RB.. This is the only position I really want to get a big name for.. Our O sucks pretty much

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    WHERES EDGE??
    Getting overpaid in a bidding war.
    We have the money to overpay him and we need him as much as anybody so why not?
    I like edge, he's a very productive and consistent back BUT he's getting older and he's had past knee injuries (serious ones). I'd much rather overpay for Steve Hutchison forcing the seahaks not to resign him, get fonoti back and birk and let our current RB's and Taylor run behind our monsters. It all starts up front, if you got a good front 5 on offense the sky is the limit for your RB's. Teams win SB's without high profile RB's all the time, but they usually have very good offensive lines.

I'm glad to see things going this way, contacting hutch, getting a good WCO back at a better price. So far its what i had hoped.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Exactly LV..

I'll eat some crow if Taylor comes here and does good.. I just don't see it happening.. Memo is better..
    Yea dude, I'm starting to think we have some of the most tight jiggly butt people over who we sign in the offseason. The owner tells us to spend as much of the cap as we want but we still go out and sign these guys with "potential" rather than the guys who have gone out and got the job done before. Why build up such big cap space if you don't ever plan to use it.
    See the thing is we are only a few hours into FA's. Calm down. If the top LB's start flying off the market then is the time to freak out.

Bentley is already gone wich sucks but i think he wanted to play center anyways.

Ya thats what I'm sayin....like I'm sure the Vikings wanna test all the waters....not make any stupid rushed decisions. I really want Leber, I think he'll play good here. Hes already an improvement to some of our current LB's IMO.

"I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I can't understand why they won't go hard after Edge? We have the money, front-load a contract big-time to entice him and that way if he goes downhill after 3 years or so, cut him at minimal cost. What is the point of having 30-something million in cap space if you don't try to sign any proven players? I have a prediction and I hate myself for thinking it... we aren't going to sign anyone big in FA and we will enter the season with at least 20 million in cap space. I hope I am wrong... I hope they prove me wrong! That conmined with being forced to trade DC, and Childress better be the best coach in history or the Vikings could have another long year. WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Lotza!

Prophet Guest

One of the articles that Singersp posted said that Wilf already gave the thumbs up for them to spend all the cap. They have a plan with that coin, it's just not in the same time-frame as us impatient fans want it to be in.

Well a day into FA and we havnt gone after Edge yet, dosnt mean hes completley outta the picture. Edge is gonna demand alot of money, and sure we have alot...but we dont need to break the bank less then 24 hours into FA. I think the Vikes need to take thier time and really get players that fit on this team....not as many Superstars they can afford.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I know it's early.. But the Cards are pushing HARDDDDDCORE for Edge..

They are pushing for a deal before he leaves town..

We need to throw our name into the hat and set up a visit

blouxme is offline Rookie

I completely agree vikingstw on your assessment of edge and hutchinson. Hutch is the guy i would throw money at, before edge. The RB's will gain a few extra yards with Hutch around and B Johnson will will be grateful for a few less sacks.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast