Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Meet Your 2008 Minnesota Vikings Quarterback: Rex Grossman

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/01/06/meet-your-2008-minnesota-vikings-quarterback-rex-grossman/

I wrote yesterday that the St. Paul Pioneer Press' Charley Walters writes so ambiguously that it's hard to tell if he's just speculating or passing on factual information in the absence of named sources. This latest nugget is indeed a rumor (he has the common decency to identify it as much) but it's so ridiculous that I'm taking the bait and mentioning it here.

At the right price, free-agent quarterback Rex Grossman could end up with the Vikings.

Think about that for a moment. Rex Grossman, Vikings quarterback. Isn't the idea to improve the position when you bring in a new player.
    I found this article really funny. I love the way he ends it up...

Well, unless the rumor is: "At the right price, free-agent quarterback Rex Grossman could end up with the Vikings and be converted to safety.

That's actually more plausible, I think.
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Meet Your 2008 Minnesota Vikings Quarterback: Rex Grossman

Oh the horror.

Go Vikings!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

If that is the case.. good luck with the mental midget!
    ;D

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"pack93z" wrote:
    If that is the case.. good luck with the mental midget!
    ;D

Hahaha, great pic!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

lol that article was awesome

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks COJO.

I still find it very amusing how the local MN sports hacks are percieved/treated by outside sports reporters.

I liked the link he put in there for "Value Per Play". The casual sports fan would probably find some of thier theories boring but I used to visit that site alot.

METHODS TO OUR MADNESS
    THE SHORT VERSION: DVOA is a method of evaluating teams, units, or players. It takes every single play during the NFL season and compares each one to a league-average baseline based on situation. DVOA measures not just yardage, but yardage towards a first down: five yards on 3rd-and-4 are worth more than five yards on 1st-and-10 and much more than five yards on 3rd-and-12. Red zone plays are worth more than other plays. Performance is also adjusted for the quality of the opponent. DVOA is a percentage, so a team with a DVOA of 10.0% is 10 percent better than the average team, and a quarterback with a DVOA of -20.0% is 20 percent worse than the average quarterback. Because DVOA measures scoring, defenses are better when they are negative. For more detail, read below.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I know many Vikings fans would burn this place to the ground if we signed Grossman, but I honestly think it wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

From the way I see it, there are a few different options that Vikings have this offseason in regards to their QB situation:

1) Sign/draft/trade for someone to almost certainly start ahead of Jackson
    2) Sign/draft/trade for someone to compete with Jackson
    3) Keep Jackson as the starter and sign/draft/trade for someone to backup Jackson

I really see the Vikings going with option 2. If you do this, we're not talking about getting Derek Anderson, Donovan McNabb- those guys would fit under option one.

So, if we did go with option 2, I would say Rex would be a good signing! He has shown ability, no doubt about it. He has shown the ability to be terrible too! I do think he could be a capable starting QB if he got his mental issues in order.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm all for sticking with T-Jack and letting the team develop together as a unit.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks COJO.

I still find it very amusing how the local MN sports hacks are percieved/treated by outside sports reporters.

I liked the link he put in there for "Value Per Play". The casual sports fan would probably find some of thier theories boring but I used to visit that site alot.

METHODS TO OUR MADNESS
    THE SHORT VERSION: DVOA is a method of evaluating teams, units, or players. It takes every single play during the NFL season and compares each one to a league-average baseline based on situation. DVOA measures not just yardage, but yardage towards a first down: five yards on 3rd-and-4 are worth more than five yards on 1st-and-10 and much more than five yards on 3rd-and-12. Red zone plays are worth more than other plays. Performance is also adjusted for the quality of the opponent. DVOA is a percentage, so a team with a DVOA of 10.0% is 10 percent better than the average team, and a quarterback with a DVOA of -20.0% is 20 percent worse than the average quarterback. Because DVOA measures scoring, defenses are better when they are negative. For more detail, read below.
    I love the DVOA rankings.
    BTW, Minnesota came in 14th overall this year.
    Sounds just about right to me...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/12/31/ramblings/dvoa-ratings/5956/
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MindFreak is offline Starter

If we are to sign a UFA QB, i'd actually rather go after Josh McClown, he'll be cheap and isn't an asswipe like Grossman is, and actually does have a little talent.
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast