Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Meet mister big time: Kenny Britt may be next Plax, and that ain't good

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Meet mister big time: Kenny Britt may be next Plax, and that ain't good

I like this guy more than Hakeem, he is two inches taller, at 6'3", and runs a little better. Percy Harvin is in the mix, but we need a possesion receiver, and Britt would be my first choice.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

I like this guy more than Hakeem, he is two inches taller, at 6'3", and runs a little better. Percy Harvin is in the mix, but we need a possesion receiver, and Britt would be my first choice.
    I think they are about the same IMHO.
    Only thing I could see different is (based on the scouting reports of course) Hakeem seems to run a more precise route which, we all know, is critical in the WCO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

I think they are about the same IMHO.
    Only thing I could see different is (based on the scouting reports of course) Hakeem seems to run a more precise route which, we all know, is critical in the WCO.
    Nothing a little coaching can't fix, really it just depends on Sydneys developement and health as to what we will do here. Do we grab a dynamic guy like Percy Harvin who can return kicks, or reach a little for a red zone posession guy either H. Nicks or K. Britt.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Foooock man.
    This time of the year, all the turds need polishing, cuz the way the microscopes are magnifying, they've all been double dipped in doo doo!!

Thing is, you never really know until 2 or 3 or 4 years into the guy's career what he's going to turn into...and even then its a guess!
    Look at Moss, started great, did nothing in OAK, and then goes on to set the NFL season TD record!!
    Look at Burress, started out great, developed a "bad attitude," then goes on to win a superbowl with the Giants, playing hurt no less, and then ends up shooting himself in the leg inside a club.
    WTF?
    You can't have seen that one coming.

Teg Ginn, drafted early in the first, but now is starting to look pretty good in year 3.
    Last year, two similar WRs drafted in the 2nd round blew up as rookies for over 900 yards each (DJack and Royal).

So far, our new regime has done quite well in the draft, and I for one am willing to trust that they've done their homework, talked to these guys and their coaches all the way on down the line, and will make a good decision based on info we have no access to.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

We need to forget all about Moss here.
    Seriously, we are not going to draft a receiver who does that same stuff so early.
    Its just not going to happen.

Randy Moss was an exception to the rule.
    A phenom.
    If we go after a receiver, he is not getting 17 TD's in one season.
    They simply won't be able to produce like that, not even WRs in the Hall have produced like that.
    Even if he could, we don't have a QB who will give him a shot for 17 TDs and we don't have a Cris Carter and Jake Reed to relieve the pressure off of him.
    THIS IS NOT THE '98 VIKES.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Im just waiting to see thatjusthappened absolutely take over this thread.
    He is going to rape the hell outta this one, just wait.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

We need to forget all about Moss here.
    Seriously, we are not going to draft a receiver who does that same stuff so early.
    Its just not going to happen.
    True.
    IF we do draft an early WR, he likely won't even have 69 (Moss' recpts in 98) passes thrown his direction.
    We're not even hoping for that kind of production, cuz Peterson and Taylor are still going to carry the load.
    In my mind, we need a legit threat to back off defenses and give our running game a bit more room to be great...but, maybe, a tough possession guy who can move the chains would be even better, by keeping the clock ticking.
    My concern, is that the guy can get past the zone blitz coverage that is so effective vs. our short attack!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

He has some nice height but that is about it. I m not sure abiout Harvin, but Britt is even more overrated IMHO.
    Does he have some value to a team in round 2, yes. But a team spending a first round pick on him wil be very dissapointed.

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Foooock man.
    This time of the year, all the turds need polishing, cuz the way the microscopes are magnifying, they've all been double dipped in doo doo!!

Thing is, you never really know until 2 or 3 or 4 years into the guy's career what he's going to turn into...and even then its a guess!
    Look at Moss, started great, did nothing in OAK, and then goes on to set the NFL season TD record!!
    Look at Burress, started out great, developed a "bad attitude," then goes on to win a superbowl with the Giants, playing hurt no less, and then ends up shooting himself in the leg inside a club.
    WTF?
    You can't have seen that one coming.

Teg Ginn, drafted early in the first, but now is starting to look pretty good in year 3.
    Last year, two similar WRs drafted in the 2nd round blew up as rookies for over 900 yards each (DJack and Royal).

So far, our new regime has done quite well in the draft, and I for one am willing to trust that they've done their homework, talked to these guys and their coaches all the way on down the line, and will make a good decision based on info we have no access to.
    Excellent post.

Of course, some will contend that you are off the mark a bit and WR's should produce right away.
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast