ForceOfNorse is offline Starter

McRibb to Skins? Blessing in Disguise???????

Hey, just throwin it out there, but since McRibb is now a Washington Redskin................that now takes another team off of the QB draft board.

Could it be possible that the Vikes finally go get a "franchise" type QB in the 1st round? Sounds like Bradford will go #1. After that, it really could drop. All the early teams to pick have ALOT of needs.

Who knows? Maybe we could get McCoy at the #30!!! It sounds like Clausen will be targeted pretty early, but McCoy's stock is rising too!!!!

I think that it's a DB rich draft. We need a QB early!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:McRibb to Skins? Blessing in Disguise???????

Lol. You act like its a miracle if McCoy falls to 30th. I haven't seen a recent mock draft that has him going in the first at all. If we really want him we can easily get him in the first.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Lol. You act like its a miracle if McCoy falls to 30th. I haven't seen a recent mock draft that has him going in the first at all. If we really want him we can easily get him in the first.
    You never know. Everyone reaches on QBs. At this point last year, Sanchez didn't make the top 10 on a lot of boards. Freeman was slotted at 17 a lot, but that was because the Jets would reach on him.

The Buccaneers eventually ended trading to get him at 17.

Now I don't think that McCoy will make any big jumps and I asume that he'll be there for you to pick him.

I think that the most obvious place for him to go now would be the Browns in the early 2nd. They'll be the first team in the 2nd that needs a QB and Holmgren appears to love the kid.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

hoytlakesviking is offline Training Camp

1. cornerback

2. safety

3. offensive tackle

4. qb
    None

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

ForceOfNorse wrote:
    Hey, just throwin it out there, but since McRibb is now a Washington Redskin................that now takes another team off of the QB draft board.

Could it be possible that the Vikes finally go get a "franchise" type QB in the 1st round? Sounds like Bradford will go #1. After that, it really could drop. All the early teams to pick have ALOT of needs.

Who knows? Maybe we could get McCoy at the #30!!! It sounds like Clausen will be targeted pretty early, but McCoy's stock is rising too!!!!

I think that it's a DB rich draft. We need a QB early!
    I gotta agree, this is by far the richest "DB" draft I have seen. Unless a "Kyle Wilson" drops to us at number 30, it's all up in the Air.

I am personally not a fan of any QB in this draft that would go in the first 3 or 4 rounds. I think this is the draft of the "developmental qb"...hope the coaching staff sharpened their pencils.
    None

WINEemDINEem69em is offline Waterboy

This QB class is one of the weakest is recent years. I say we hold off for another year or at most take a guy in the 4th round. I would have more faith in TJ than McCoy/Tebow and Clauson will not drop to 30.

1st DB
    2nd O-line
    3rd RB
    4th and on BPA, which could be a QB
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rockmolder wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    You never know. Everyone reaches on QBs.
    then how do you explain snagging Rodgers that late? wasn't he pegged as a first overall at some point?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

however, the more I think about it, the more I like McCoy at 30. He's projected to drop, but IMO, he's got the best career ahead of him. Bradford has injury problems, those could really come back to bite him. I don't like Clausen. He's a perfect example of a guy who had a few good games that boosted his stock. I don't think he'll be good in the pros. McCoy was projected as a great pro for a couple years now, a few bad games and people are jumping off his wagon. I think he has the skills to devolop into a great QB.

my list at 30 is as is: if available:

McCoy
    Mays
    Weatherspoon
    Trade Down for multiple 2nds and 3rds.

This draft is really deep. If we can't get a real playmaker in the first, I have no issue with trading down and gaining additional picks in the early rounds. 2nd and 3rd shoudl be full of great players. I'd love to grab a few of them (no gay)

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    You never know. Everyone reaches on QBs.
    then how do you explain snagging Rodgers that late? wasn't he pegged as a first overall at some point?
    You're totally right. Same goes for Quinn. Sometimes, they just slide. Poeple won't like what they've seen on tape, don't think they can mold the kid into their QB.

Most of the time, though, QBs get reached on. You can't tell me that Bradford is as good a football player as Suh, McCoy, Berry, Okung etc. It's positional value.

Last year, I think that Freeman was the worst football player in the first round of the draft, based on his college career. He threw for under 60% with 44 TDs and 34 Ints. He got jumped on because he's a QB and teams without one get desperate.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf