Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mcown

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: mcown

I would rather see the Vikes go after Aaron Brooks than MCclown, I think Brooks is a better QB and has more upside. Over getting either of them I would rather the Vikes go after Matt Schaub from Atlanta.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

McCown would be a good pick up. I wouldn't mind Frerrotte for the time being either. Either one would be an upgrade over Nall and what we currently have.

My hopes is they trade up in the draft. Try to get Hope at Safety.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Packers | Latest team to show interest in McCown
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:09:03 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have expressed interest in free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals) and may host him for a visit.

TheWhizzinator is offline Waterboy

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I would rather see the Vikes go after Aaron Brooks than MCclown, I think Brooks is a better QB and has more upside. Over getting either of them I would rather the Vikes go after Matt Schaub from Atlanta.
    Take it from someone who has watched both play a lot. McCown is much better - he had a horrible offensive line and no running game. He would do very well here. Look at what Chris Chandler and Jake Plummer did once they left the Cards. Plummer averaged 24 int's a year with the Cards - has averaged 11 int's a year with the Broncos.

Let the Pack get Aaron Brooks - that would be great for us. I'll take McCown or Shaub. The problem with Shaub though is that the Falcons don't want to give him up (which to me means they are still trying to figure out if Vick is "the guy" or not).

tosstomoss is offline Starter

I have been keeping to myself lately, but must say I would love to see Gus Ferrotte come back to us. He p[layed very well in those games when Dante hurt his back a few years back.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Bengals | J. McCown mentioned as backup possibility
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:39:43 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have mentioned free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals) as a possibility to fill the backup quarterback role, but is likely to be priced out of what the team would like to spend.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

"TheWhizzinator" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Take it from someone who has watched both play a lot. McCown is much better - he had a horrible offensive line and no running game. He would do very well here. Look at what Chris Chandler and Jake Plummer did once they left the Cards. Plummer averaged 24 int's a year with the Cards - has averaged 11 int's a year with the Broncos.

Let the Pack get Aaron Brooks - that would be great for us. I'll take McCown or Shaub. The problem with Shaub though is that the Falcons don't want to give him up (which to me means they are still trying to figure out if Vick is "the guy" or not).
    Brooks would be a good option and I think he could possibly challenge Brad Johnson for the #1 spot. At times he shined for the Saints but other times he faded away. WHo knows maybe a new team will bring him back to form.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I would be all for Brooks..

He would be solid.. He could maybe even start.. Saints had a horrible line..

But how much money does he want does anyone know?

McCown would be cheaper I imagine and would be a solid person to develop even

Prophet Guest

That's insane. I've seen Brooks play every game since he's come to the NFL. Keep him far away. His stats are very deceiving, racked up during garbage time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123