Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mcown

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

mcown

Vikings | Team interested in McCown as backup
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:27:22 -0800

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Minnesota Vikings are interested in free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals) as a No. 2 quarterback.

Guys....coments ideas plans?

idk the other team interested in him is da bears and i would love to keep him from them.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: mcown

it might be good, he might be able to take over with some teaching

Prophet Guest

Vikes need somebody in that slot, he has some upsides. The way the Vikes are shopping for a #2 QB it appears they don't plan on going after a QB in the draft. The splattering of information we receive could change in minutes though.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Kid has talent. Not opposed to it at all.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Interested in McCown
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:55:49 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have expressed interest in free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals), according to his agent, Mike McCarthy. The Vikings are not offering a starting position, but McCarthy said the team is an attractive option because of head coach Brad Childress' ability to groom young quarterbacks.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

He's better than Craig Nall, but I would never want him to start.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

smootloot is offline Starter

does everybody forget what he did to us just a couple years ago. i dont want him just because of the memories of that non pushoff that was called.
    "Ron Mexico is here."

KirillDM is offline Rookie

i like QBS with a big arm and he is got one

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Here is another article on this subject, as well as some other news..

Interest Gained, Players Lost
    By Tim Yotter
    Date: Mar 15, 2006

The Vikings are visiting with at least one player today, are interested in talking with two more backup quarterbacks and lost out on a player of interest.

The Vikings are moving quickly to find another quarterback to at least backup Brad Johnson, if not give him competition for the starting role in 2006.

According to published reports, the Vikings have contacted the agent for free agent quarterback Josh McCown (Cardinals).

McCown, replaced by Kurt Warner as the starter in Arizona in 2005, is entering his first season as an unrestricted free agent. Even so, he started six games while filling in for Warner last year, completing 163 of 270 passes (60.4 percent) for 1,836 yards, nine touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Starting 13 games in 2004, McCown completed 57.1 percent of his passes for 2,511 yards, 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He ended 2004 with a passer rating of 74.1 and had a 74.9 rating in 2005.

During that same time frame, Daunte Culpepper’s completion percent was 69.2 and 64.4 in 2004 and 2005, respectively. He threw 39 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 2004, and six touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2005 for passer ratings of 110.9 (2004) and 72.0 (2005).

Another option being considered at Winter Park, according to what Scout.com has been told, is Gus Frerotte, who was released from Miami yesterday to make room for Culpepper.

Frerotte only started two games in his two seasons with the Vikings, completing 58.5 percent of his passes with seven touchdowns and two interceptions in 2003 for a passer rating of 118.1. As a starter with Miami in 2005, Frerotte completed 52 percent of his passes for 18 touchdowns and 13 interceptions, ending with a rating of 71.9.

Brad Johnson with the Vikings last year had a completion percentage of 62.6 with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions, a rating of 88.9.

LOST

According to ESPN, safety Will Demps signed with the New York Giants on Wednesday. He was the second safety the Vikings were interested in that signed with another team. Dexter Jackson signed with Cincinnati earlier this week.

FOUND?

The Vikings are meeting with fullback William Henderson today, the team confirmed.

I like the possibilities of McCown, and Ferotte over Nall..
    I am not sure what to think about the Henderson situation..

scout.com
    membership required

purplepride818 is offline Starter

According to ESPN, safety Will Demps signed with the New York Giants on Wednesday. He was the second safety the Vikings were interested in that signed with another team. Dexter Jackson signed with Cincinnati earlier this week.

good. maybe now we can get a good safety. but it seems like no one wants to be here now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast