Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: McNabb may be coming to Minnesota next year

"dougiefresh" wrote:
    Its pretty ridiculous to think that McNabb is already out of the good graces in Philly.
    I agree.

Just because Brad likes the guys means nothing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I would rather draft Brady Quinn....oh wait we had the chance and didn't!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

davike is offline Team Alumni

This is just plain stupid....we have our franchise QB and if Childress wasn't fairly convinced that Jackson is his guy he probably would have taken Quinn. I think Philly would be stupid to give him up.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"davike" wrote:
    This is just plain stupid....we have our franchise QB and if Childress wasn't fairly convinced that Jackson is his guy he probably would have taken Quinn. I think Philly would be stupid to give him up.
    You go girl
    ;D

Sorry, I agree man.
    Some just won't get used to the fact that TJ is our QB, at least for now.

I for one think he will do great this year and all these Naysayers will be on the TJ bandwagon after week 4.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I hope we are past the point in the history of our franchise where we have to be the last stop a washed up QB makes before riding off into the sunset.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

I'm slightly familiar with Philly sports fans, and I love you guys. Compared to you guys, nobody loves their teams more, and the only nit I would pick is that sometimes you guys briefly lose perspective.

McNabb is in the top three QBs active in the NFL, along with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

McNabb has been hurt for the past several seasons. He missed 13 games in the last two years.

If I were the Eagles head coach, I would want to keep McNabb as my QB (already done). Secondarily, in light of the injuries McNabb has had, I would want a capable backup QB ready to go. Currently, the Eagles have Kelly Holcomb. Holcomb is not a good QB and not even a good backup QB.

Kevin Kolb is a classic "career backup quarterback." He played the run and shoot in college. His high stats won't easily translate into the NFL. He can get it done, but he isn't going to ride in and take over the QB position for the Eagles or any other team.

My prediction: the Eagles keep Kolb as the #3 QB this year, and groom him to be the #2 QB the following year and into the future. If McNabb ever does get hurt and can't play again, the Eagles will have the pieces in place to not miss a step.

On ESPN, Jaworski talked about how he felt when the Eagles drafted his eventual replacement in the 2nd round. I love Jaws as a player and analyst, but in this case, he was never the quarterback that McNabb is and continues to be.

As for the theory that McNabb has permanent, severe injuries that will limit his effectiveness for the rest of his career, I really doubt it. McNabb isn't done tearing up the NFL. He will get at least one ring.

If McNabb really is injured like that though and he's not good enough for the Eagles anymore, then he's not good enough for the Vikings either. With all due respect, we don't need or want your castoffs. (Thanks for Randall Cunningham, though. He had his best year for us and was league MVP in the year we should have won the Super Bowl (not winning the NFC championship game was not his fault (I blame Billick)).

Go Vikings!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    I'm slightly familiar with Philly sports fans, and I love you guys. Compared to you guys, nobody loves their teams more, and the only nit I would pick is that sometimes you guys briefly lose perspective.

McNabb is in the top three QBs active in the NFL, along with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

McNabb has been hurt for the past several seasons. He missed 13 games in the last two years.

If I were the Eagles head coach, I would want to keep McNabb as my QB (already done). Secondarily, in light of the injuries McNabb has had, I would want a capable backup QB ready to go. Currently, the Eagles have Kelly Holcomb. Holcomb is not a good QB and not even a good backup QB.

Kevin Kolb is a classic "career backup quarterback." He played the run and shoot in college. His high stats won't easily translate into the NFL. He can get it done, but he isn't going to ride in and take over the QB position for the Eagles or any other team.

My prediction: the Eagles keep Kolb as the #3 QB this year, and groom him to be the #2 QB the following year and into the future. If McNabb ever does get hurt and can't play again, the Eagles will have the pieces in place to not miss a step.

On ESPN, Jaworski talked about how he felt when the Eagles drafted his eventual replacement in the 2nd round. I love Jaws as a player and analyst, but in this case, he was never the quarterback that McNabb is and continues to be.

As for the theory that McNabb has permanent, severe injuries that will limit his effectiveness for the rest of his career, I really doubt it. McNabb isn't done tearing up the NFL. He will get at least one ring.

If McNabb really is injured like that though and he's not good enough for the Eagles anymore, then he's not good enough for the Vikings either. With all due respect, we don't need or want your castoffs. (Thanks for Randall Cunningham, though. He had his best year for us and was league MVP in the year we should have won the Super Bowl (not winning the NFC championship game was not his fault (I blame Billick)).

It would take alot of convincing to make me believe that McNabb was in the top 8 QB's before he got hurt let alone after major knee surgery.

IME he is pretty much going to be done in the NFL except a few more Chunky commercials.

Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

Yeah, He's coming to Minnesota.....for a fishing trip.
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Carson Palmer
    Drew Brees
    Phillip Rivers

I can think of 5 QB's who I feel are better than McNabb (Leinart hasn't played enough, nor has Vince Young; and I put McNabb above Marc Bulger, Tony Romo and the rest).

That being said, I still wouldn't take him because I don't think you can rely on him for a whole season anymore. And to those who are saying that drafting Kolb means the Eagles have only drafted a "career backup", then why would they invest their FIRST pick of the draft? It invites too much speculation and pressure onto the franchise. The question of "When?" will come the moment the Iggles lose back-to-back games.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

So you're saying that BC is gonna be dumpster diving again with Philly cast-offs??

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast