Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McNabb or Derek Anderson ?

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'd rather have McNabb, but there's no way we should give up a 1st rounder for him.

Don't be surprised if T-Jack is still the starter next year.
    Surprised?
    I'm counting on it.

=Z=
    Same here!

Good or bad, that is what I expect.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The Browns will have Derek Anderson locked up if they haven't done so already.........

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=41793.0

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I would actually Prefer Jackson over either of them.
    I would take Mcnabb as a coach for young Jackson.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I would rather have Anderson than McNabb. McNabb is getting old and has had alot of injuries. Anderson is very young and is a very accurate passer. Unfortunetly I don't think Anderson is going to be available and McNabb is probably not worth the price. I will be content with Tjack for another year, I think having almost the entire offense coming back in 08 is really going to make them better.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'd rather have McNabb, but there's no way we should give up a 1st rounder for him.

Don't be surprised if T-Jack is still the starter next year.
    Surprised?
    I'm counting on it.

=Z=
    Same here!

Good or bad, that is what I expect.
    If I was a betting man I would put a little bit of money down on TJ being the starter next year.
    But only a little bit...

TJ definately made big strides as a starting QB last year, and he was the only QB we had who won any games.
    His rate of improvement encouraged me, and I also think that he has a lot of potential left.
    However...

Childress was non committal at best regarding TJ as the starter next year.
    I think two things play into this.
    1) We need a better backup system than we had last year.
    Bollinger is good in relief, but horrible starting.
    Holcomb is a joke.
    I expect the front office to do something to bring in another QB or two during the offseason.

And I honestly expect the front office to make a push for some of the more recognizable names out there, even if it is a small one.
    I don't expect them to break the bank or trade away a decades worth of draft picks, but they will express some interest.
    Who knows, they might get a bite...

Regardless of who we bring in this offseason, be it McNabb, Anderson, or John David Booty (my new favorite football name), they will all have the chance to compete for a starting spot.
    That's how Childress rolls.
    And I don't think that TJ is a guarantee by any means.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Anderson would only be aquired to replace TJ at the price he would command. That would mean the staff see TJ as a bust. That most certainly isn't the case.

McNabb would be a great logical choice for the short term to allow TJ more time to learn.
    He would likely be too expensive an aquisition for that role, however.

Giving up high draft picks would potentially delay improvement of the team around TJ.

I see TJ improving, as the team around TJ improves.

I saw an interview with Eli Manning last night on the NFL network.

He was asked why he was playing so much better in the playoffs than during the regular season.

His response was that the team around him was playing better. The primary receiver was getting open so he didn't have to go to his second and third reads.

I think TJ will be the starter next year and the draft picks will be used to improve the team around him.

TJ will have his bad games like he did against Washington. But I'm confident we will see less of them and I expect to make the playoffs.

By the time he gets to the playoffs he should be substantially better.

We do need to upgrade the back up QB position.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

too bad neither of them are leaving.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Anderson would only be aquired to replace TJ at the price he would command. That would mean the staff see TJ as a bust. That most certainly isn't the case.

McNabb would be a great logical choice for the short term to allow TJ more time to learn.

Giving up high draft picks would potentially delay improvement of the team around TJ.

He was asked why he was playing so much better in the playoffs than during the regular season.

His response was that the team around him was playing better. The primary receiver was getting open so he didn't have to go to his second and third reads.

I think TJ will be the starter next year and the draft picks will be used to improve the team around him.

TJ will have his bad games like he did against Washington. But I'm confident we will see less of them and I expect to make the playoffs.

Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

I fear that you're missing the point. McNabb will not be brought in as a backup. No other Qb is prepared to lead this team as much as McNabb is. Can you name a Qb that has done more with less?

You comparison of ELI to Tjack all most made me laugh. Eli was never playing poorly. NYC( my home town) chews up and spits players out. The knock on Eli was that he looked like he didn't care when he threw an Int. He is a much more developed Qb than Tjack.

Your hopes for Tjack getting better is just that a hopes. Lets deal with what he is now. He is now playing at below the NFL level for a QB. No one wants to address the fact that this kid was basically playing against 1 on 1 coverage and could not beat it. What happens when defenses start respecting him and actually covering our WR. Will that force another plataeu in his development. He saw coverages other Qbs have wet dreams about. Pair McNabb with Peterson and we have a Superbowl level team. We will have less 3 and outs and this will keep our defense( mostly our ends) fresh. This will then assist our pass defense.

I think that a trade for Mcnabb( including a 1st) should include Jervon Kerse. The eagles are looking to unload his Signing bonus heavy contract(we will not be responsable for the sign bonus part of the contract)

McNabb has never been one to rock the boat with contract money. His spite against the eagles for letting him go will make him play harder. A pissed off Mcnabb is my favorite mcnabb. If he can turn Pinkston into a solid looking wr....I can't wait to see what wade looks like against him.....

Lastly, half of a season will not be wasted convincing defenses that we can pass.
    Tjack is in a catch 22. He makes errant throws and cannot defeat 1 on 1 coverage on a consistance basis. Defenses ignore his ability and lock in on our 1 other Superstar player and bring 9 in the box.
    This additional pressure( run blitzes) causes Tjack to make errant throws. Which causes defenses to focus on confusing him even more... The only way for him to get out of this is to play his way out. He has to play like a greek god every week for about 7 weeks. 1 bad week and it's back to the blitz. Has Tjack shown you the ability to do this..... You knock in Mcnabb is injuries...have you noticed how many games Tjack missed last year? None of which was a torn acl like mcnabb has suffered from. McNabb has atleast 5 year left in his career Tjack needs atleast 2 before he will be an nfl level Qb.

I would spluge on McNabb for a 1st and 4th rounder or
    two 2nd rounders. We need a Qb to keep defenses honest. Constant blitzing will only increase the likely hood that someone will get hurt in our backfield.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    too bad neither of them are leaving.
    Exactly! The Browns already offered him a contract. If he doesn't accept it, they will probably slap the franchise tag on him.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009845981

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast