Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mckinnie tidbit

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mckinnie tidbit

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Does anyone know were we can get specifics on contracts?
    I would bet that the staff put some sort of clauses in the new contract that might provide some outs if he in fact did something like this again.
    To my knowledge, that information is not available to the general public.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Actually, I've seen mentioned in a few places that his contract going forward is considered cheap at this point...at about 5 million/year.
    I guess that is considered low for a franchise LT, specially with the prices going up the way they are.

How about a first round swap with KC...with their fifth pick, we would be able to get one of these five guys: Gholston, C Long, J Long, Ellis, or Dorsey.
    They get a LT and No.17 to spend on a RT or some defense...

LOL!!
    Nice work Caine
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

He would like playing for the Tuna as part of the Taylor trade. Hate to have to replace him but he never learns. He was there when Smith got busted in addition to his own problems with the law. He's going to get in more trouble. Probably time to find a replacement.
    Let someone else pay him millions.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

While that is an interesting analysis of McKinnie and his stats, I wish the writer would have completed some of the more vital information other than just averages.
    Standard Error or Variance would have been nice.
    That way we could see if McKinnie's performance was actually significantly different than the rest.

He also doesn't list which 75 he picked... I might do some data mining and see what I get this morning.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    He would like playing for the Tuna as part of the Taylor trade. Hate to have to replace him but he never learns. He was there when Smith got busted in addition to his own problems with the law.
    I thought it was Phat Pat the auxiliary police officer (or whatever) who was in the strip club when Smith got busted out front?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    He would like playing for the Tuna as part of the Taylor trade. Hate to have to replace him but he never learns. He was there when Smith got busted in addition to his own problems with the law.
    I thought it was Phat Pat the auxiliary police officer (or whatever) who was in the strip club when Smith got busted out front?

=Z=
    Yeah your right. I don't know why I thought McKinnie was the jr. G man with a badge. Guess we better keep him.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Yeah your right. I don't know why I thought McKinnie was the jr. G man with a badge. Guess we better keep him.
    If my players are going to be frequenting the Gentlemen's Clubs, I prefer that they're carrying a badge to sort out any potential dustups over tip money, pole cleanliness and proper nipple coverage.

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Does anyone know were we can get specifics on contracts?
    I would bet that the staff put some sort of clauses in the new contract that might provide some outs if he in fact did something like this again.

I believe McKinnies contract - recently extended - has the following provisions:

1:
    He will be paid far too much money and never be held accountable for on field lack of performance.

2:
    If he is repeatedly beaten by DE's, it doesn't count.
    3:
    He is allowed to eat as much at Team meals as he wants.

4:
    He is allowed to be first, second , and third in line at team meals.

5:
    He gets to eat Jackson's corn bread.

6:
    If caught engaging in dubious activities with "nappy headed hoes", he gets a freebie....cuz they're nappy headed hoes.

7:
    If caught engaging in dubious activities with anyone NOT a nappy headed hoe, he still gets a freebie...cuz at least he isn't with nappy headed hoes.

8:
    All "Official" statements should contain the phrase, "Yeah, Hutch is good...but McKinnie makes him GREAT"....or at least not contain anything that would call McKinnie's ability into question.

9:
    If the team plane ever crashes in the mountains, McKinnie gets to eat the Offense.

10:
    Locker room brawls are not allowed within 10 feet of McKinnie....because they might spill his plate.

11:
    If his plate is spilled, Coach Childress has to treat Bryant to an "All-you-can-eat" buffet (Minimum of 3 locations, because 2 buffets just won't fill him up).

12:
    All Viking fans and press must vote for McKinnie to be in the Pro Bowl...even though he sucks...or he gets to eat them

At least, that's what I read somewhere...

Caine (Who is now probably going to be eaten by McKinnie)
    Excellent work Caine.

Couple of good ones.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

very very very nice info

lets trade hit and some picks to mia for 1st overall
    or for taylor

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

those stats say he is over paid, not that he is worthless.
    there are plenty of guys that can't and won't fair that well, all the guys that were cut from the Vikes while McKinnie held his own.

it is way too easy to complain about it.
    if only the RT would play to the level of McKinnie

worth less = yes
    worthless = no

don't forget, DC held the ball too long
    LOL!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast