Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie rejoins Vikings, hopes to avoid punishment

"Schutz" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=45144.msg782816#msg782816 date=1211501724]
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=45144.msg782732#msg782732 date=1211485802]
    [quote author=AngloVike link=topic=45144.msg782731#msg782731 date=1211485352]
    Speaking publicly for the first time since his arrest, McKinnie declined to discuss his legal situation but said the last three months have been a "learning experience" for him.
    Yep he's learning that he's not outside of the law, though that fact should have dawned on him after the Love Boat incident.. muppet
    I assume that the felony charge would carry jail time if proven, whereas the misdemeanors would be more fines ?
    can someone clarify that - Cajun ?
    It all depends....and varies from state to state.
    Florida has some pretty arcane laws, so who knows.
    I don't practice criminal law, nor do I practice law in Florida, so I am not an expert on that particular issue.
    At least it wasn't Louisiana.
    Those laws be crazy.
    ;D
    Those laws be based on Napoleonic Code...which is much more logical and is used in most of the rest of the world (except for English colonies, Islamic countries and some other countries that use region-specific legal systems developed there).

So, in reality, it is the rest of the US that has the crazier legal system...trust me on this.
    But it is what we have, so it is how I roll.
    Nobody likes the French, and if you don't like it you can geeeeeetttt out.

Meh, I don't pretend to know the difference in laws, until I actually get a ticket or something I'm not real informed on the law.
    The French were America's first allies...even before we were America.
    You all can hate them all you want to...but they are the best at so many things that they will always be relevant in several important aspects.
    It's the English that Americans should despise...they were our enemies, they have poor dental hygiene, their food sucks...and they keep butchering the language!
    LOL

[/quote]

Then American's, in an effort to be more like those cool french should;
    start speaking french
    your women should stop shaving
    give up beer and nuts for wine and cheese
    immediately surrender in any war or disputes they are currently in

Even though American settlers were English. Not cheese eating surrender monkeys.

[/quote]

Not to get far off topic, but.......
    Up until WWII(and that was the only war pretty much) the French have been a powerhouse in the world balance going back many years.
    I mean I guess all those Frenchmen who lost their lives in the green meadows of France in WWI were all a bunch of white flag waving cowards.
    The only reason the French were rolled over was because of a brilliantly executed plan by the Germans who revolutionized modern warfare with their blitzkrieg attack.
    France was a huge ally when the U.S. separated from England, we owe a lot to people like Lafayette.

Granted I know some of it is in jest(I use them to make fun of other groups) but a lot of people have no respect for a country with a long history, and have spilt as much blood in battle as any other country.

To tie this into the actual issue.
    Bryant McKinnie is not from France.
    [/quote]

With a name like that he must be one of those Irish types ;D

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Speaking publicly for the first time since his arrest, McKinnie declined to discuss his legal situation but said the last three months have been a "learning experience" for him.
    Yep he's learning that he's not outside of the law, though that fact should have dawned on him after the Love Boat incident.. muppet
    I assume that the felony charge would carry jail time if proven, whereas the misdemeanors would be more fines ?
    I don't practice criminal law, nor do I practice law in Florida, so I am not an expert on that particular issue.
    Those laws be crazy.

;D
    Those laws be based on Napoleonic Code...which is much more logical and is used in most of the rest of the world (except for English colonies, Islamic countries and some other countries that use region-specific legal systems developed there).

So, in reality, it is the rest of the US that has the crazier legal system...trust me on this.

Meh, I don't pretend to know the difference in laws, until I actually get a ticket or something I'm not real informed on the law.
    You all can hate them all you want to...but they are the best at so many things that they will always be relevant in several important aspects.
    It's the English that Americans should despise...they were our enemies, they have poor dental hygiene, their food sucks...and they keep butchering the language!
    LOL

[/quote]

start speaking french

Even though American settlers were English. Not cheese eating surrender monkeys.

[/quote]

Lol, some Americans dont even know their own history. The reason the Revolutionary War was won was because the English could not send their full force to silence the rebellion. Have you ever asked yourself why? Perharps it had something to do with the French.

" In early 1778, shortly after an American victory at Saratoga resulting in the surrender of an entire British army, France signed treaties of alliance with the new nation, and declared war on Britain that summer; Spain and the Dutch Republic also went to war with Britain over the next two years. French involvement proved decisive, with a French naval victory in the Chesapeake leading to the surrender of a second British army at Yorktown in 1781. "
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War
    How quick people are to forget. The American colonist were out-matched, out-gunned and lack training. History shows that France steped in and provided munitions and supplies to keep the War growing and keep England fighting on 3 fronts. We owe our Independence to France, those white flag waving sissied
    :. I wonder how we would have feared during WWII without the Atlantic Ocean between us and Germany
    :.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Could be a offensive line happy off season next year. Is Ryan Cook the answer? Will Bryant McKinnie be here? Is Birks time up? Do we have quality depth? Hicks is not really a favorite among fans (not that we matter). Is Herrera worth the deal we gave him and could he be upgraded? Lots of questions IMO.

Ranger is offline Coach

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=45144.msg782816#msg782816 date=1211501724]
    Those laws be crazy.

;D

LOL

[/quote]

start speaking french

[/quote]

Lol, some Americans dont even know their own history. The reason the Revolutionary War was won was because the English could not send their full force to silence the rebellion. Have you ever asked yourself why? Perharps it had something to do with the French.

" In early 1778, shortly after an American victory at Saratoga resulting in the surrender of an entire British army, France signed treaties of alliance with the new nation, and declared war on Britain that summer; Spain and the Dutch Republic also went to war with Britain over the next two years. French involvement proved decisive, with a French naval victory in the Chesapeake leading to the surrender of a second British army at Yorktown in 1781. "
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War
    How quick people are to forget. The American colonist were out-matched, out-gunned and lack training. History shows that France steped in and provided munitions and supplies to keep the War growing and keep England fighting on 3 fronts. We owe our Independence to France, those white flag waving sissied
    :. I wonder how we would have feared during WWII without the Atlantic Ocean between us and Germany
    :.

[/quote]

In regards to your last statement, an extensive study of American military history shows a trend following the outbreak of war, that is to say, there is in place a poorly trained and funded military force that is immediately proven to be inadequate for the conflict at hand.
    The US, in possession of tremendous industrial capabilities and (typically) a large population with which to supply soldiers, then "fires up the machine" and begins to flesh out the skeleton military and equip it in such a manner that it becomes a formidable threat.
    The military opposition is then defeated, and following the last few rounds, the military is systematically downsized to a state very similar to that preceding the most recent conflict.
    No finer example of this exists than the history of my own unit, Army Rangers.
    Active in the Revolutionary War, they were disbanded upon the signing of the Treaty of Paris.
    They were activated in the Civil War, utilized for both the Confederacy and the Union, and disbanded upon closure of the conflict.
    Active in World War II, they captured the cliffs of Point Du Hoc in Normandy, conducted raids in Italy, battled in Burma and rescued the Bataan Death March survivors, and were then disbanded.
    Active in Korea, disbanded upon the end of the conflict.
    Active in Vietnam, disbanded.
    It wasn't until the post Vietnam era that the US government made an effort to maintain a wartime capable military.

You're asking us to imagine a complete global change, as it was the isolation provided by the Atlantic and Pacific oceans that allowed the US to manage the military in this manner.
    The policy of those times was as it was BECAUSE of those oceans.
    If you were to magically move north america and stitch it along the west coast of the Iberian Peninsula, the entire method of national defense would have been drastically different.
    So, I can tell you that as it WAS, there are a wide variety of changes that might have taken place.
    When Nazi Germany began it's rampage, it's safe to assume that an already more powerful American nation (in regards to the military forces) would have moved more rapidly into the production of arms, and would have been prepared to square off against the axis forces much more quickly than they were in the real conflict.
    Basically what I'm saying here, is that your last comment was poorly thought out.

As for the rest of it, France was acting in their own best interests.
    For hundreds of years there had existed a triangle of power in Europe (France, Spain and England), with rapidly shifting alliances and numerous wars.
    Whenever one nation began to establish itself as the predominant force, the other two would form some sort of an alliance, either military or economic, to limit the power and expansion of the third.
    It was in the best interests of the French to force England to bleed men and money in North America, not only to limit the power of England, but to repay them for the damages sustained by the French in the French and Indian War (Seven Years War).

While French intervention certainly played a massive role in American Independance, you can also make a very strong case that France was quite responsible for both World War I and II, conflicts in which Americans did a great deal to assist their old allies.

Now, McKinnie!

I have mixed emotions about the guy.
    Personally, I like linemen with a nasty streak.
    It's an attitude needed, to some extent, for them to be a dominant force.
    Hutch, while in Seattle, absolutely mauled people.
    He was, and occasionally still is, an absolute terror for defensive players to face.
    He played angry, mean, and that attitude gashed open holes that a stuttering runner like Alexander was able to exploit for ridiculous yards and touchdowns.
    McKinnie occasionally plays like that, particularly in the run game.
    The problem here is that he seems to carry that attitude off of the field as well.
    Now, I'm a huge fan of the tough old school players, even the kind you saw in the 80s, like Bavaro and Lott.
    I think that some sort of punishment should be delivered, although nothing similar to what that idiot Pacman received.
    Somebody earlier mentioned a single game suspension, which sounds reasonable to me.
    Perhaps some financial blow as well.
    It must also be mentioned that this isn't McKinnie's first off the field issue.
    There needs to be some soul searching, and perhaps a few long discussions with Childress about his behavior.

Somebody else made a great comment in regards to the depth of the offensive line.
    I don't think we have any!
    If McKinnie is to miss substantial time, our pass protection will be taking a major blow.
    If Hutch is injured, don't expect too many 200 yard games from All Day.
    Talented as he is, having an all world guard like Hutch makes things so much easier.
    Who do we have that can fill in for these guys?
    It's a great question, and I'd imagine that it will be addressed in next year's draft.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

to add to Kev's post on BigMck.. I also like the mean streak in our trenches guys. This is a trait that is deemed somewhat nessesary.

now.. it's demanded that these guys come with aggressive force.. and with that comes the aggressive nature. This aggressive nature is not something u can switch on/switch off. it becomes a part of their personality. esp when it's trained to them for years and years from high school through college and into the proffessional level they play now.

Instead of slapping their hand and giving suspensions. I think they should look into behavioral studies, maybe even get some emotional aid to some of the offenders to help them get over that sociaty limit of aggression that they seem to pass.

I would really hope that bigMck comes back, and has that mean streak while he plays.. and i wanna see him and Hutch shove def lines backward while AD and CT just run past them.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"digital420" wrote:
    to add to Kev's post on BigMck.. I also like the mean streak in our trenches guys. This is a trait that is deemed somewhat nessesary.

now.. it's demanded that these guys come with aggressive force.. and with that comes the aggressive nature. This aggressive nature is not something u can switch on/switch off. it becomes a part of their personality. esp when it's trained to them for years and years from high school through college and into the proffessional level they play now.

Instead of slapping their hand and giving suspensions. I think they should look into behavioral studies, maybe even get some emotional aid to some of the offenders to help them get over that sociaty limit of aggression that they seem to pass.

I would really hope that bigMck comes back, and has that mean streak while he plays.. and i wanna see him and Hutch shove def lines backward while AD and CT just run past them.

DiGiTaL
    ??? You want him to be drinking before he plays?
    :-

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    ??? You want him to be drinking before he plays?
    :-\
    i never said i wanted him drinking WHILE / before, or even allow the drinking to affect his playing. IF this is the case then it's a horse of a different color. BUT if it's just about his mean/violent streak.. well. i'm for it on the field. i just know it's not as easy as people think to be AGGRO on the field. and passive off it.

now.. if he's turned into a lush that can't control himself. then he has other issues.. but as i have understood it. it was isolated events (that did happened to involve intoxication) not that he has had multi drinking driving, public drunkeness and such. buyt like i said.. that would be a horse of a different color.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Ranger" wrote:
    In regards to your last statement, an extensive study of American military history shows a trend following the outbreak of war, that is to say, there is in place a poorly trained and funded military force that is immediately proven to be inadequate for the conflict at hand.
    The US, in possession of tremendous industrial capabilities and (typically) a large population with which to supply soldiers, then "fires up the machine" and begins to flesh out the skeleton military and equip it in such a manner that it becomes a formidable threat.
    The military opposition is then defeated, and following the last few rounds, the military is systematically downsized to a state very similar to that preceding the most recent conflict.
    No finer example of this exists than the history of my own unit, Army Rangers.
    Active in the Revolutionary War, they were disbanded upon the signing of the Treaty of Paris.
    They were activated in the Civil War, utilized for both the Confederacy and the Union, and disbanded upon closure of the conflict.
    Active in World War II, they captured the cliffs of Point Du Hoc in Normandy, conducted raids in Italy, battled in Burma and rescued the Bataan Death March survivors, and were then disbanded.
    Active in Korea, disbanded upon the end of the conflict.
    Active in Vietnam, disbanded.
    It wasn't until the post Vietnam era that the US government made an effort to maintain a wartime capable military.

You're asking us to imagine a complete global change, as it was the isolation provided by the Atlantic and Pacific oceans that allowed the US to manage the military in this manner.
    The policy of those times was as it was BECAUSE of those oceans.
    If you were to magically move north america and stitch it along the west coast of the Iberian Peninsula, the entire method of national defense would have been drastically different.
    So, I can tell you that as it WAS, there are a wide variety of changes that might have taken place.
    When Nazi Germany began it's rampage, it's safe to assume that an already more powerful American nation (in regards to the military forces) would have moved more rapidly into the production of arms, and would have been prepared to square off against the axis forces much more quickly than they were in the real conflict.
    Basically what I'm saying here, is that your last comment was poorly thought out.

As for the rest of it, France was acting in their own best interests.
    For hundreds of years there had existed a triangle of power in Europe (France, Spain and England), with rapidly shifting alliances and numerous wars.
    Whenever one nation began to establish itself as the predominant force, the other two would form some sort of an alliance, either military or economic, to limit the power and expansion of the third.
    It was in the best interests of the French to force England to bleed men and money in North America, not only to limit the power of England, but to repay them for the damages sustained by the French in the French and Indian War (Seven Years War).

While French intervention certainly played a massive role in American Independance, you can also make a very strong case that France was quite responsible for both World War I and II, conflicts in which Americans did a great deal to assist their old allies.
    What a great post! I must say that while i was reading that message all i could think of was how impressed I was. However, I'll like to further clarify a couple of points. I know that had America been part of the European continent, the face of America would be different. I highly doubt that Manifest Destiny would have been possible. My point, i fell, still stands. It's easy to look down the nose of the French when we were not in a position to suffer collateral damage. The only real damages that we suffered on our soil was Pearl Harbor( Which the Japanese still proclaim to be a retaliation attack. Conspericy?) The French was steamrolled by a supeior army using one of the greatest battle plans in history. It's impossible to say how the US would have feared because the US as we know it would have been very, very different. Again great post!

"Ranger" wrote:
    Now, McKinnie!

I have mixed emotions about the guy.
    Personally, I like linemen with a nasty streak.
    It's an attitude needed, to some extent, for them to be a dominant force.
    Hutch, while in Seattle, absolutely mauled people.
    He was, and occasionally still is, an absolute terror for defensive players to face.
    He played angry, mean, and that attitude gashed open holes that a stuttering runner like Alexander was able to exploit for ridiculous yards and touchdowns.
    McKinnie occasionally plays like that, particularly in the run game.
    The problem here is that he seems to carry that attitude off of the field as well.
    Now, I'm a huge fan of the tough old school players, even the kind you saw in the 80s, like Bavaro and Lott.
    I think that some sort of punishment should be delivered, although nothing similar to what that idiot Pacman received.
    Somebody earlier mentioned a single game suspension, which sounds reasonable to me.
    Perhaps some financial blow as well.
    It must also be mentioned that this isn't McKinnie's first off the field issue.
    There needs to be some soul searching, and perhaps a few long discussions with Childress about his behavior.

Somebody else made a great comment in regards to the depth of the offensive line.
    I don't think we have any!
    If McKinnie is to miss substantial time, our pass protection will be taking a major blow.
    If Hutch is injured, don't expect too many 200 yard games from All Day.
    Talented as he is, having an all world guard like Hutch makes things so much easier.
    Who do we have that can fill in for these guys?
    It's a great question, and I'd imagine that it will be addressed in next year's draft.
    Agan, great post. People just assume that it's easy to find a tackle that is great at pass blocking and run blocking. WTF! Tell that to about 15 other teams searching for a LT. We have a good 1. He is solid. Without Mac, AD doesn't have the season he had last year. Mac is important to our line. To get a LT better than him we will have to invest a top 10 1st round pick and pray he develops. Let the line gel and they will play more consistantly. The entire offense needs time to gel/ This season we will do amazing things.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234