Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McKinnie rejoins Vikings, hopes to avoid punishment

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    The bigger question is.......what will Childress do with McKinnie? Chiller set the bar pretty high when he came on board in reference to having players with good moral ethics and wanting them to maintain a standard of professionalism that did not embarass the organization. He wasted no time getting rid of other players for conduct issues so, if McKinnie admits any guilt in this situation, Childress will be faced with
    applying the same standard he has used in the past or be subject to alot of critisism. You cant have one set of rules for practice squad players and a completely different set for your starters. If, and again I am saying if, Big Mac accepts any quilt and Childress does not come down hard on him, than IMHO Childress losses all credibility.
    Not exactly.
    The bigger question concerns the owner and what he wants to do.
    Lets not forget, there were several articles out there just after this happened that stated Wilf wanted him gone (or something along that lines).

http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2008/3/21/102316/249
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/16882466.html
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/14185

Come on my friend, go back and read those articles word for word. None of them contain any language from Wilf but rather speculation of what the communication between the FO and Wilf will be.

The first 2 were identical links and were quoting Sid Hartman's speculation of what will happen in which he speculates Wilf will want McKinney gone.

The second is the actual article that the first one pulled the speculation from and is just speculation

The third one speculates that,contrary to what Sid speculates, wilf might want to keep Mac and the coaches might want him gone

All random speculation my friend. No direct words from Wilfies mouth on the subject anywhere in there and we here at PP.O would never,ever take random speculation as fact
    ;D
    Marr....Do i have to refere you to the Sig?
    Additionally, we didnt draft a lineman in the Draft and I doubt we will make it anywhere with Hicks blocking the Left side
    :'(

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

That's one thing McKinnie's got over Jason Taylor...he showed up for the OTA's.

But he'd better get his fat ass in shape, work hard, stay sober and stay way under the radar...
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Speaking publicly for the first time since his arrest, McKinnie declined to discuss his legal situation but said the last three months have been a "learning experience" for him.
    Yep he's learning that he's not outside of the law, though that fact should have dawned on him after the Love Boat incident.. muppet
    I assume that the felony charge would carry jail time if proven, whereas the misdemeanors would be more fines ?
    can someone clarify that - Cajun ?
    It all depends....and varies from state to state.
    Florida has some pretty arcane laws, so who knows.
    I don't practice criminal law, nor do I practice law in Florida, so I am not an expert on that particular issue.
    At least it wasn't Louisiana.
    Those laws be crazy.

;D
    Those laws be based on Napoleonic Code...which is much more logical and is used in most of the rest of the world (except for English colonies, Islamic countries and some other countries that use region-specific legal systems developed there).

So, in reality, it is the rest of the US that has the crazier legal system...trust me on this.
    But it is what we have, so it is how I roll.
    Nobody likes the French, and if you don't like it you can geeeeeetttt out.

Meh, I don't pretend to know the difference in laws, until I actually get a ticket or something I'm not real informed on the law.
    The French were America's first allies...even before we were America.
    You all can hate them all you want to...but they are the best at so many things that they will always be relevant in several important aspects.
    It's the English that Americans should despise...they were our enemies, they have poor dental hygiene, their food sucks...and they keep butchering the language!
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=AngloVike link=topic=45144.msg782731#msg782731 date=1211485352]
    Speaking publicly for the first time since his arrest, McKinnie declined to discuss his legal situation but said the last three months have been a "learning experience" for him.
    Yep he's learning that he's not outside of the law, though that fact should have dawned on him after the Love Boat incident.. muppet
    I assume that the felony charge would carry jail time if proven, whereas the misdemeanors would be more fines ?
    I don't practice criminal law, nor do I practice law in Florida, so I am not an expert on that particular issue.
    Those laws be crazy.
    ;D
    Those laws be based on Napoleonic Code...which is much more logical and is used in most of the rest of the world (except for English colonies, Islamic countries and some other countries that use region-specific legal systems developed there).

So, in reality, it is the rest of the US that has the crazier legal system...trust me on this.

Meh, I don't pretend to know the difference in laws, until I actually get a ticket or something I'm not real informed on the law.
    You all can hate them all you want to...but they are the best at so many things that they will always be relevant in several important aspects.
    It's the English that Americans should despise...they were our enemies, they have poor dental hygiene, their food sucks...and they keep butchering the language!
    LOL
    [/quote]

There is alot of truth in there Caj.

And where would we be without the statue of liberty, french toast,french fries, FRENCH MAIDS ;D, french kisses and them bankrolling our revolution over the british.

The one good thing we did get from the British is Heavy Metal. Sabbath and Priest are the best but I can't even think of a french band. ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Those laws be crazy.

;D

LOL
    [/quote]

True to some degree. No one can wave the white flag quite like the French.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Why a new thread when two already exist?

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=43976.40

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=45154.0

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    The bigger question is.......what will Childress do with McKinnie? Chiller set the bar pretty high when he came on board in reference to having players with good moral ethics and wanting them to maintain a standard of professionalism that did not embarass the organization. He wasted no time getting rid of other players for conduct issues so, if McKinnie admits any guilt in this situation, Childress will be faced with
    applying the same standard he has used in the past or be subject to alot of critisism. You cant have one set of rules for practice squad players and a completely different set for your starters. If, and again I am saying if, Big Mac accepts any quilt and Childress does not come down hard on him, than IMHO Childress losses all credibility.
    Not exactly.
    Lets not forget, there were several articles out there just after this happened that stated Wilf wanted him gone (or something along that lines).

Come on my friend, go back and read those articles word for word. None of them contain any language from Wilf but rather speculation of what the communication between the FO and Wilf will be.

The first 2 were identical links and were quoting Sid Hartman's speculation of what will happen in which he speculates Wilf will want McKinney gone.

The second is the actual article that the first one pulled the speculation from and is just speculation

The third one speculates that,contrary to what Sid speculates, wilf might want to keep Mac and the coaches might want him gone

All random speculation my friend. No direct words from Wilfies mouth on the subject anywhere in there and we here at PP.O would never,ever take random speculation as fact
    ;D
    LOL.
    Almost every news article is a bit of speculation based on some fact or at least a few rumors/comments.
    ;D

You missed my loop hole my friend........

Quick question.
    Do you really think that the HC could shitcan a player that has the importance to a team as McKinnie with out the Owners buy in?

My assumption is, and the articles support that speculation, if Big Mac is gone, the owner, the Chiller, the entire front office (to include the legal department, Bryzcheaski, PR), hell even the towel boy will have bought off on it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    Not exactly.

;D
    LOL.
    Almost every news article is a bit of speculation based on some fact or at least a few rumors/comments.
    ;D

You missed my loop hole my friend........

Quick question.
    Do you really think that the HC could shitcan a player that has the importance to a team as McKinnie with out the Owners buy in?

My assumption is, and the articles support that speculation, if Big Mac is gone, the owner, the Chiller, the entire front office (to include the legal department, Bryzcheaski, PR), hell even the towel boy will have bought off on it.

Your loophole didn't hold water

If that was a loophole you would have said that the reporters speculated that is what they thought Wilf wanted. You posted it as if the words came out of his mouth instead of the hacks fantasy world

BTW I wasn't arguing that your assessment was incorrect, only that the source you used to support your notion had no credibility. ;D

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Those laws be crazy.
    ;D

LOL

[/quote]

Then American's, in an effort to be more like those cool french should;
    start speaking french
    your women should stop shaving
    give up beer and nuts for wine and cheese
    immediately surrender in any war or disputes they are currently in

Even though American settlers were English. Not cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=45144.msg782732#msg782732 date=1211485802]
    Those laws be crazy.
    ;D

LOL

[/quote]

Then American's, in an effort to be more like those cool french should;
    start speaking french
    your women should stop shaving
    give up beer and nuts for wine and cheese
    immediately surrender in any war or disputes they are currently in

Even though American settlers were English. Not cheese eating surrender monkeys.

[/quote]

Not to get far off topic, but.......
    Up until WWII(and that was the only war pretty much) the French have been a powerhouse in the world balance going back many years.
    I mean I guess all those Frenchmen who lost their lives in the green meadows of France in WWI were all a bunch of white flag waving cowards.
    The only reason the French were rolled over was because of a brilliantly executed plan by the Germans who revolutionized modern warfare with their blitzkrieg attack.
    France was a huge ally when the U.S. separated from England, we owe a lot to people like Lafayette.

Granted I know some of it is in jest(I use them to make fun of other groups) but a lot of people have no respect for a country with a long history, and have spilt as much blood in battle as any other country.

To tie this into the actual issue.
    Bryant McKinnie is not from France.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast