Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McGinist is available

Pick up a young stud.. Lavar, Peterson, Witherspoon..

McGinest is a product of the system I hear alot.. I don't watch alot of Pats so I wouldn't know.. But I hear he is overhyped cuz of the sacks he gets from all the blitzing and good schemes..

Pick up one of those 3 above and draft another LB..

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Pick up a young stud.. Lavar, Peterson, Witherspoon..

McGinest is a product of the system I hear alot.. I don't watch alot of Pats so I wouldn't know.. But I hear he is overhyped cuz of the sacks he gets from all the blitzing and good schemes..

Pick up one of those 3 above and draft another LB..
    Guy gets a bad rap for playing in a good system?

Maybe Edge is not that good either? :???:

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"josdin00" wrote:
    Am I missing something here?

Willie McGinest
    Linebacker
    New England Patriots

Why would signing a linebacker affect the ability to play johnstone? Why would he be more of an influence on our your DEs than on our young LBs? If I remember correctly, the Patriots run a 3-4, so maybe he played up on the line (which would explain his sack totals), but he's still a LB, not a DE. As such, and I do need to do some more research to validate this stuff, but if he did play up on the line, well, that's not really the type of play you're looking for in a cover-2 linebacker, is it? It seems you'd need a guy who has experiance dropping back into coverage. Like I said, I need to do some more research. McGinest may have that experiance.

However, I was getting the impression from this thread so far that he was a DE, and I was getting confused.
    Yup, Willie is kind of a tweener. LB/DE which goes well with the Pats 3-4 scheme. He's a pretty big dude -- 6'5", 270lbs. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2743. I would be concerned about his coverage skills as well in a Cover 2 scheme. However, as a pass rusher like a Lance Johnstone he could do well and definitely has good veteran leadership to offer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12