Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

Maybe Targeting Donnie Edwards?

Caught this on the East Coast Sports News web site. I don't know if this guy is full of poo but he acts like he has sources...

04/23...The New York Giants filled a gaping hole at the OLB position on Saturday with the signing of Redskins FA Lavar Arrington...the Giants are hoping that Arrington will remain injury free and motivated in 2006...they pick 25th overall in Saturdays Draft and can take a position other than Linebacker if they desire...the best available prospect regardless of position on their board could be their pick...WR Sinorice Moss is said to be an Ernie Accorsi favorite but one of the Giants greatest needs at this time is on the other side of the ball at the DT position...elsewhere...one potential trade which could take place on the day of the Draft involves the Minnesota Vikings and the San Diego Chargers...the Chargers recently announced that LB'er Donnie Edwards is on the trading block and can be had for a second round pick in the Draft...one of the Vikings greatest needs is at the Linebacker position...in the middle and on the weakside...the team recently signed former Charger Ben Leber and former Chargers personnel man Fran Foley is very familiar with Edwards...Edwards played in the middle of the Chargers 3-4 scheme...the Chargers not only made the entire league aware of Edwards availability but they also sent a message to the Vikings and Foley indicating they have an option in Edwards if the Vikes land a QB in the first round and all of the top LB'ers that they covet are off the board by the time they pick in round two...the Vikings have an extra pick in the second round to send the Chargers way as an option......quick hits...the Ravens are said to covet Vince Young...the Browns will be shopping C Jeff Faine on Saturday....the Broncos are shopping Ashley Lelie...the Saints could move Donte Stallworth if the price is right.
    -------

If we have to give up a 2nd rounder for a 33 yr old LB though, I say pass.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Maybe Targeting Donnie Edwards?

Hmmm..

Another interesting tid-bit, true or otherwise..

Now I REALLY can't wait for the draft.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

purplepride818 is offline Starter

please get him

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Give up our other 3rd for him. Then the Seahawks swap thing would be Vikings get Steve Hutchinson and Donnie Edwards, Seahawks get Nate Burleson. :lol:

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

he s 33 i say pass unless we are able to trade up for a QB

Formerly Viking24

He is one of the most underrated lb's in the league. I think he could be a great addition to the team eventhough he is 33

jonnyb is offline Rookie

Getting edwards would be too good to be true. A guy whos gonna get 100 tackles a yr for at least the next 2-3 for a second round pick is robbery. That would be sweet.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

They ask for a 2nd, meaning they'll pull the trigger for a 3rd.

My take = Seattle's 3rd for Donnie Edwards, straight up.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jonnyb" wrote:
    Getting edwards would be too good to be true. A guy whos gonna get 100 tackles a yr for at least the next 2-3 for a second round pick is robbery. That would be sweet.
    I agree...mainly because I think that Edwards is a fresh 33-year-old...as opposed to Ray Lewis, who I think is on more of a downslope than Edwards is. And there were many on this board who were willing to give up even more to get Ray Ray.

PULL THE TRIGGER, VIKES!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "jonnyb" wrote:
    I agree...mainly because I think that Edwards is a fresh 33-year-old...as opposed to Ray Lewis, who I think is on more of a downslope than Edwards is. And there were many on this board who were willing to give up even more to get Ray Ray.

PULL THE TRIGGER, VIKES!!!
    I agree as well. There is no way we can pass up this opportunity for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He is easily better than what we had last year in Cowart but he is faster and fits the cover 2 a lot better than anything we have. He is one of the most underrated players in the NFL.. perfect fit on the team knowing Leber and all.. GO GET HIM VIKES!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast