Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    our qb is daunte culpepper, thats all it should be.

    Daunte HOF can you not give it a rest, most everybody on here knows how you feel about Daunte. Not ever thread needs to be about him and since you can not get it through you head that Daunte does not want to be here anymore it is gettting a little old!

    Sorry if he is your favorite player but for at least for the 1,000 time some one had explained this in the last week, he put himself in this position and I do not understand how most of the sane posters seem to realize that this is Daunte's fault and he does not want to play here! If you are a fan of his that is great you can cheer for him where ever he goes, but I think you need to come to the realization that Daunte will not be back next year!
    Because he does not want to be here, and if the Vikes can not trade him they will probably cut him. Hold out hope if you want, but do not make every QB thread about Daunte because 99% chance he is not going to be here so we need to talk about who eles for QB!
    here is it simply put. daunte put himself and money before the team. would be kinda funny if we kept him just to sit him on the bench though and let him rot.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

  2. #22
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    our qb is daunte culpepper, thats all it should be.

    Daunte HOF can you not give it a rest, most everybody on here knows how you feel about Daunte. Not ever thread needs to be about him and since you can not get it through you head that Daunte does not want to be here anymore it is gettting a little old!

    Sorry if he is your favorite player but for at least for the 1,000 time some one had explained this in the last week, he put himself in this position and I do not understand how most of the sane posters seem to realize that this is Daunte's fault and he does not want to play here! If you are a fan of his that is great you can cheer for him where ever he goes, but I think you need to come to the realization that Daunte will not be back next year!
    Because he does not want to be here, and if the Vikes can not trade him they will probably cut him. Hold out hope if you want, but do not make every QB thread about Daunte because 99% chance he is not going to be here so we need to talk about who eles for QB!
    Why? Old to you? Maybe he is just expressing his opinion.

    I find it funny that you can say this to him, but your sig reads: People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid!

  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    Everybody is allowed their opinion and can post whatever they want here. I have to admit however that I am tired of hearing the Woe is me for Culpepper thing. Pep put himself in this predicament. If you want him to stay keep hoping he does. Maybe he will. We won't know until a decision is made. I hope he goes. I don't want this team to go through the same thing the Eagles did last year with TO and Pep has kind of acted like him. The difference is he hasn't bashed players or the organization. What he did is went public with his dissatisfaction instead of working it out like a man with the new coach.

    That being said, I am going to try not to talk about Culpepper anymore until this whole thing is worked out. If he goes, he goes. If he stays, he stays.

  4. #24
    briboy75's Avatar
    briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    555

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Craig Nall

    Career Stats:

    23-33 314 yards 4 td 0 int Rating: 139.4

    Not a lot of experience, but he has been coached by Favre for 4 seasons and also take into consideration Dauntes 6 td 12 int season this year.

    He also had experience with our QB coach.

    I think this guy could be a very nice pick-up...

    :banghead:

    Im guessing your the fan of a team that only wants big name guys?

    What about Pep, hes a big name and look at his stats and attitude for the season. T.O, another big name. Look at his attitude, and his off the field problems.

    Now, look at Brad Johnson. Classy guy, not a big name at all. Great stats and a superbowl ring.

    Do the math, winning football games is not about the money, nor is it about big name players.
    to a certain extent you are right but brad johnson isn't that great. he was on a great team when tampa bay won the superbowl, but they didn't win it becasue brad johnson was on the team.


    also, if "big name players" are not important, why are your "favorite" players all big names?

  5. #25
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    our qb is daunte culpepper, thats all it should be.

    Daunte HOF can you not give it a rest, most everybody on here knows how you feel about Daunte. Not ever thread needs to be about him and since you can not get it through you head that Daunte does not want to be here anymore it is gettting a little old!

    Sorry if he is your favorite player but for at least for the 1,000 time some one had explained this in the last week, he put himself in this position and I do not understand how most of the sane posters seem to realize that this is Daunte's fault and he does not want to play here! If you are a fan of his that is great you can cheer for him where ever he goes, but I think you need to come to the realization that Daunte will not be back next year!
    Because he does not want to be here, and if the Vikes can not trade him they will probably cut him. Hold out hope if you want, but do not make every QB thread about Daunte because 99% chance he is not going to be here so we need to talk about who eles for QB!
    Why? Old to you? Maybe he is just expressing his opinion.

    I find it funny that you can say this to him, but your sig reads: People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid!

    He is demanding freedom of speech (over and over again), and it is freedom of thought he is avoiding! He is in denial of the truth!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #26
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    "ejmat" wrote:
    Everybody is allowed their opinion and can post whatever they want here. I have to admit however that I am tired of hearing the Woe is me for Culpepper thing. Pep put himself in this predicament. If you want him to stay keep hoping he does. Maybe he will. We won't know until a decision is made. I hope he goes. I don't want this team to go through the same thing the Eagles did last year with TO and Pep has kind of acted like him. The difference is he hasn't bashed players or the organization. What he did is went public with his dissatisfaction instead of working it out like a man with the new coach.

    That being said, I am going to try not to talk about Culpepper anymore until this whole thing is worked out. If he goes, he goes. If he stays, he stays.
    Yes, everybody is allowed their own opinion and in no circumstance is a personal attack allowed. If you do not like it, there is a more intelligent way of going about it. Or do not read or reply.

  7. #27
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    100% agreed Ultra. Well, sometimes a personal attack should be allowed. When people just flat out act like jacka$$e$.

  8. #28
    romanswinter's Avatar
    romanswinter is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    "audioghost" wrote:

    We need to draft a QB for the future in the 2nd or 3rd round....

    Omar Jacobs? Marcus Vick? D.J. Shockley? Brodie Croyle? Ideas?
    Dude, if we drafted Marcus Vick, I would seriously stop being a Vikings Fan.
    Reporter: How do you plan on paying for the fine?
    Randy Moss: Straight cash homie!

  9. #29
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    A few thoughts:

    CRAIG NALL:

    Anyone who has seen Nall play - and I have - will tell you that this guy has GREAT potential. In fact, there isn't a Packer fan I know who is saying, "Hooray!!!! We're ditching that Nall guy!!!". Most of them are hanging their heads, wondering what Thompson is smoking. They KNOW Rodgers isn't the answer - he was simply an over-hyped player that fell to #27. Most of them believed Nall would take over for Favre...and, had Green Bay been smart, he would have.

    But, they now have a former #1 draft pick riding the pine, waiting for Favre to call it quits, and Nall - being cheaper - became ecoonomically expendable.

    IMO, this might turn out to be a steal.

    DAUNTE CULPEPPER:

    I don't care if you love or hate Daunte Culpepper. I don't care how many times you post that you love/hate Daunte Culpepper. What I care about is the SUBSTANCE of your posts. When we traded Moss, I went into great detail about why I thought it was a bad idea (Still do). You may not have agreed with me - and many didn't - but at least I was willing to support my thoughts with something more substantial than, "cuz I like him".

    A lot of Daunte fans are not doing this. They simply state that Daunte is great and we should love him. Sorry, I disagree. I don't think he's really all that great, and I don't love him. In fact, after the crap he's pulled lately, I don't even like him much. I don;'t care where he goes, or what he does, just so long as he is not wearing MY colors any longer.

    If, however, you disagree with that, please feel free to feel that way. If you intend to refute my opinions, please bring something more substantial than, "cuz I like him, and he's really good" to the table.

    BRAD JOHNSON:

    I've also covered my opinion of Johnson before. Personally, I like him. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done. And, truthfully, that's what we need now. Sure, there may be better QB's out there right now, but are they really better for US? I don't know about that.

    The thing I like most about Brad is that he's STABLE. He's CONSISTANT. He doesn't get all wound up, start falling to pieces, throw the game away, and then the next week tear up the field for hundreds of yards. He's solid.

    If we get to the Superbowl in a Pinto or a Limo, will it really make a difference? Does Baltimore's Superbowl win mean less because Trent Dilfer isn't a HOF QB? How about Tampa's? Is that somehow less significant because they won with Defense?

    I don't think so.

    The key is having the right guy for the right team. Brad may very well be "That Guy". Or, it might be Nall. One thing is for certain, it ISN'T Daunte Culpepper.

    FREE AGENTS:

    I was mulling over our FA acquisitions today, and it struck me as odd that we have acquired guys who are listed in the lower half of their respective positions in the FA rankings. Leber, Taylor, and Longwell are ALL players who aren't at the top of their respective positions. And, honestly, I think we are all trying desperately to convince ourselves - and each other - that these are good moves.

    But, you know, they might just be.

    Maybe, just maybe, it isn't about how many big names you have on the field, but rather it's about putting a TEAM on the field. Maybe, just maybe, these guys are going to wind up playing key roles in that TEAM concept. Maybe, just maybe, the Powers-that-be in the Viking organization aren't suffering from the Packer Front Office disease (Where they only pick up crappy FA's and draft poorly), and actually have a PLAN...and these guys fit that PLAN.

    Remember the 1980 Olympic Hockey team? Herb Brooks didn't take the best players in the country for that team. He took the guys who would do the best in their respective roles within that team.

    So, while I'm not jumping up and down in excitement over our FA acquisitions, I am hopeful that these guys will contribute what we need from them to take our TEAM to the next level. It's either that, or start drinking with the Lions and Packer fans and lamenting what idiots we have in the front office.

    Caine

  10. #30
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Maybe Nall Isn't So Bad Afterall...

    well i trust management on this one..theyve obviously seen tape and realized that he has got something if they are ready to make him an offer..id also take this guy over osullivan any day
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KFFL Tidbits 3/15/08 Interest in Nall?
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 09:41 PM
  2. Nall uncertain whether Favre's retirement will keep him in Green Bay
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 08:11 AM
  3. Is Trading Bennett such a good idea afterall?
    By Hooversham in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 11:59 PM
  4. Fat Guy not strong afterall
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 06:28 PM
  5. Vikes now schedule meetings w/ FB Henderson and QB Nall
    By KJ in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 09:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •