Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Spaeth?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Matt Spaeth?

Oh Gad.... My wife and brother in law have such a hard on for this guy just because they went to St. Micheal high school!
    Where's all the love for the gophers center!?!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Oh Gad.... My wife and brother in law have such a hard on for this guy just because they went to St. Micheal high school!
    Where's all the love for the gophers center!?!
    Who? Do they have a C coming out again?

I know Greg Eslinger came out last year.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

this is ridiculous anyway.
    i mean if we take a stab at a guy in later rounds okay, but taking our first pick at tight end after pretty much over-paying for a young guy who is already athletic and ran about the same forty time.

even if we trade down, which we should, i seriously doubt we'd be looking at greg olsen unless signing shiancoe and duggan was just a smokescreen for picking up the best tight end in this year's draft.
    and if that's the case i really won't have a clue what childress and spielman are thinking.

plus i'm kinda confused about where they have this guy slotted, from mock draft to mock draft they have him going as early as like 15 and as late as like 31, so who knows.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    this is ridiculous anyway.
    i mean if we take a stab at a guy in later rounds okay, but taking our first pick at tight end after pretty much over-paying for a young guy who is already athletic and ran about the same forty time.

even if we trade down, which we should, i seriously doubt we'd be looking at greg olsen unless signing shiancoe and duggan was just a smokescreen for picking up the best tight end in this year's draft.
    and if that's the case i really won't have a clue what childress and spielman are thinking.

plus i'm kinda confused about where they have this guy slotted, from mock draft to mock draft they have him going as early as like 15 and as late as like 31, so who knows.
    Yeah i agree.
    The vikes already gave "shilo" 18 mill.
    I am all for getting Spaeth or Boss in the later rounds but i hope they don't use a 1st or 2nd on a TE.
    I hope the vikes don't take Olson even if they trade down, there are too many great players that could help at other postions right away that they could get.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Spaeth draws a crowd[/size]
    Thursday, April 5th, 2007 by Kevin Seifert

According to our man Chip Scoggins, the Strib’s excellent Gophers football writer, a few of the Vikings’ heaviest hitters attended today’s personal workout for TE Matt Spaeth. The group included coach Brad Childress, VP of Player Personnel Rick Spielman and director of college scouting Scott Studwell.
    assuming he is still around by the 5th or 6th round, why not?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I guess they where at the Pro Day because they it was right around the corner, i dont think we are that much interrested in Speath, i dont like him for this offense and there really isnt no other Gopher prospects coming out this year i think could help us..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Spaeth draws a crowd[/size]
    Thursday, April 5th, 2007 by Kevin Seifert

According to our man Chip Scoggins, the Strib’s excellent Gophers football writer, a few of the Vikings’ heaviest hitters attended today’s personal workout for TE Matt Spaeth. The group included coach Brad Childress, VP of Player Personnel Rick Spielman and director of college scouting Scott Studwell.
    assuming he is still around by the 5th or 6th round, why not?
    Probably gone after round 4.
    But if not, who would be cut to make room?.... Owens?
    Dugan?

I would hate to see a 5th rd pick wasted if he wouldn't make the team.
    So, the question is 'would he beat Owens or Dugan (HB/TE) for a roster spot?'
    Seeing that Dugan was re-signed after filling in well for Richardson as a HB, it seems his value due to his versatility is too high to be replaced by a rookie TE.
    But, if the Vikings consider Dugan to be a HB now, perhaps a 4th TE spot is open/ available after Kleinsausage, Shiancoe and Owens.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12