Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vikings_AD is offline Training Camp

Re: Massive tackle makes mark

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    They already wanted to give him the starting gig over Cook.What a steal in the 2nd round.
    Where did you read that?
    Chilly said he had a good workout but did not put him ahead of Cook on the depth chart.
    In my mind, Hicks is ahead of Cook so that's who Load is competing with.

Honestly, I'd like to see Hicks and Load going after RT... Cook and Sulli going after C.
    We have too much competition for RT with Hicks, Load, and Cook and we're just handing Sulli the starting C role?
    I'm sure Chidress will have Cook work some at center.
    I don't expect him to be much cometition this year, but we also signed Jon Cooper, C from Oklahoma after he draft.
    He is a decent center, and would help Loadholt feel at home, so watch for him to compete for the starting job in a year or two.

"Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character." -John Wooden

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikings_AD" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    They already wanted to give him the starting gig over Cook.What a steal in the 2nd round.
    Where did you read that?
    Chilly said he had a good workout but did not put him ahead of Cook on the depth chart.

Honestly, I'd like to see Hicks and Load going after RT... Cook and Sulli going after C.
    We have too much competition for RT with Hicks, Load, and Cook and we're just handing Sulli the starting C role?
    I don't expect him to be much cometition this year, but we also signed Jon Cooper, C from Oklahoma after he draft.
    He is a decent center, and would help Loadholt feel at home, so watch for him to compete for the starting job in a year or two.
    I don't know why, but for some reason I put on my Josh Hypel Sooner jersey today.

We have taken a ton of guys from OU lately.

Alexander LB (not sure if he is still around?)
    AD RB
    Loadholt OT
    Walker DB
    Cooper C

The quote from Chilly was that Load has good feet or great feet.

The vids that Mayock showed the day of the draft was of Load reach for the quick guys and getting called for holding.
    That brings to mind the question of foot speed.

I hope he works out and becomes a better option than Cook.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

For those of you that haven't seen this.

Transcript of a Live Chat with Phil:

http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_LoadholtChat_050109.aspx

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Vikings_AD" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Where did you read that?

I don't know why, but for some reason I put on my Josh Hypel Sooner jersey today.

AD RB
    Loadholt OT
    Walker DB
    Cooper C

The vids that Mayock showed the day of the draft was of Load reach for the quick guys and getting called for holding.

To me it looked like he had bad feet as well, but so does the guy he's competing with right now.
    Luckily he won't be seeing too many speed rushers on the right side.

peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler

WOW. Loadholt is tank!!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Vikings_AD" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Where did you read that?

AD RB
    Loadholt OT
    Walker DB
    Cooper C

Rufus Alexander is still around as of right now, but with the Brinkley pick up and resigning Farwell, not to mention Erin and Co. vying for a roster spot, he's got his work cut out for him this camp.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Rufus Alexander is still around as of right now, but with the Brinkley pick up and resigning Farwell, not to mention Erin and Co. vying for a roster spot, he's got his work cut out for him this camp.
    I'll say. It's hard to make the Vikings squad while you are wearing a Colts jersey.

He signed with the Colts last December & was re-signed by the Colts in January.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rufus_Alexander

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    I'll say. It's hard to make the Vikings squad while you are wearing a Colts jersey.

He signed with the Colts last December & was re-signed by the Colts in January.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rufus_Alexander

Owned.
    Damnit, haha.
    Thats right... I don't think he made final cuts last season, its a shame, he seemed like he had good potential, but the injury his rookie season derailed him.
    He rushed to try and recover to make the roster, I remember now in one of my blog posts I commented on how i talked w/ him briefly, after which he had a real noticeable limp.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

One goalline stands Im thinking we clog the middle with the Williams wall and McKinnie and Loadholt.
    That is a huge wall to try to get across.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Where did you read that?

I would be highly surprised if he doesn't start the season as the RT, and I think both Hicks and Cooks are aware of it.
    Also, since Sullivan studied under Birk all last season while Cook was focused on RT, I think it is also a pretty safe bet to write Sully's name in pen on the center spot.
    Cook and Hicks are going to be depth.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast