Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Marvin Harrison to Minnesota? John Runyan (OT)?

"V4L" wrote:
    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=PurpleTide link=topic=52247.msg968295#msg968295 date=1247319601]
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=52247.msg968286#msg968286 date=1247315801]
    [quote author=Bubba Jed link=topic=52247.msg968252#msg968252 date=1247291567]
    Obviously we have plenty of good wide receivers.
    I know that Harrison would be great to have, but why cut the young talent we do have to get an aging good receiver to replace them?
    There is no evidence that we have several good WR's. We have Berrian,who demonstrated that he is at least a starter in the NFL and several guys with "Potential".

Like it or not, I highly doubt that either Harrison, or Runyan will be picked up by us. It is time for the youth on this team to produce, and show why we picked them.

That said, later this summer as training camps and cut-down date's loom, we may find a vet WR, especially if we incure injuries, our someone isn't cutting it.
    I don't think Harrison competing with Allison Jaymar and Rice is necessarily a bad thing. We have a-lot of youth at WR, if we can improve a Superbowl ready roster, why not?
    Because people are stubborn and want to TRY to win with what we have even if that means passing on a player who could be an improvement.
    Yes that's it. It's definitely not any of the reasons listed in this thread.
    :
    [/quote]
    I'm not saying "BRING IN MARVIN!
    BRING HIM IN!
    HE WILL BE OUR NUMBER 1."
    As long as the contract isn't huge though, I wouldn't be against him coming in and competing for a spot with Allison/Holt/JJ depending on if we keep 5 or 6 WR's.

[/quote]

Too bad Marvin doesn't wanna play as the 4th

[/quote]
    He would compete for time with Bobby Wade... But if he doesn't want to compete for a 3rd/4th spot on a contending team, I don't see him finding a job at all.

Actually more than likely he would be competing for #2 as I dont think Harvin will be the #2 starting out.
    I see him being a slot and and #3.
    I think Harrison would beat out Wade and Rice.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=52247.msg968297#msg968297 date=1247320829]
    [quote author=PurpleTide link=topic=52247.msg968295#msg968295 date=1247319601]
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=52247.msg968286#msg968286 date=1247315801]
    [quote author=Bubba Jed link=topic=52247.msg968252#msg968252 date=1247291567]
    Obviously we have plenty of good wide receivers.
    I know that Harrison would be great to have, but why cut the young talent we do have to get an aging good receiver to replace them?
    There is no evidence that we have several good WR's. We have Berrian,who demonstrated that he is at least a starter in the NFL and several guys with "Potential".

Like it or not, I highly doubt that either Harrison, or Runyan will be picked up by us. It is time for the youth on this team to produce, and show why we picked them.

That said, later this summer as training camps and cut-down date's loom, we may find a vet WR, especially if we incure injuries, our someone isn't cutting it.
    I don't think Harrison competing with Allison Jaymar and Rice is necessarily a bad thing. We have a-lot of youth at WR, if we can improve a Superbowl ready roster, why not?
    Because people are stubborn and want to TRY to win with what we have even if that means passing on a player who could be an improvement.
    Yes that's it. It's definitely not any of the reasons listed in this thread.
    :
    [/quote]
    I'm not saying "BRING IN MARVIN!
    BRING HIM IN!
    HE WILL BE OUR NUMBER 1."
    As long as the contract isn't huge though, I wouldn't be against him coming in and competing for a spot with Allison/Holt/JJ depending on if we keep 5 or 6 WR's.

[/quote]

Too bad Marvin doesn't wanna play as the 4th

[/quote]
    He would compete for time with Bobby Wade... But if he doesn't want to compete for a 3rd/4th spot on a contending team, I don't see him finding a job at all.
    [/quote]

Exactly

He won't be here

TrojanVike28 is offline Starter

Since the retirement of Derek Mason, the Ravens could look at Marvin Harrison. What better to replace a vet with a vet in Baltimore? That is what I think what will happen.

NaughtyWord is offline Rookie

Re: Marvin Harrison To Minnesota?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I can't see him coming here, but if thats true, that would be awesome.
    A short, cheap contract for a future HOF WR.
    Throw Favre into the mix, and we'd have a great offense.
    I bet nobody thought, two years ago that we'd be saying that.

Just the thought of

Harrison

mcKinney

Hutch

Sullivan
    Herrerra
    Load Shank

Harvin

Favre

Berrian

Peterson

is enough to make anyone cream themselves.

It would certainly be nice to have a very experienced receiver to coach Harvin.
    We Vikings have experienced this before with great success; Moss and Carter.
    Now I'm not saying Harrison is a Carter or Harvin is a Moss, but that experience and intuition of the veteran has proven itself to rub off time and time again on the rookie.
    This is a great opportunity for not only this team, but is a great help to develop Percy Harvin as a WR in the NFL.

Rice is great, and in no way would I like to see him on the bench, but Marvin Harrison is still Marvin Harrison.
    This move would further develop not only rice, but every other WR we have on the roster.
    It would be foolish for the powers that be to pass this opportunity up.

-NW
    I hope Goodell chokes on his next meal.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

If it happens it happens, But i will be very dissapointed. Of course I will want him to do well, but I think that he doesn't bring anything more to this team AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER than anyone else on this team.

"Garland" wrote:
    If it happens it happens, But i will be very dissapointed. Of course I will want him to do well, but I think that he doesn't bring anything more to this team AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER than anyone else on this team.
    Much better hands than most, not just on this team, but in the league.
    And possibly one of the best route runners of all time.
    To me that is a lot, even at this point in his career.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"purple_glory_dreamer" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Much better hands than most, not just on this team, but in the league.
    And possibly one of the best route runners of all time.
    To me that is a lot, even at this point in his career.
    +1, you don't have to be fast and speedy to be effective in this league.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415