Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 148
  1. #101
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Harrison and Runyan To the Vikings?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968101#msg968101 date=1247246631]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968099#msg968099 date=1247246454]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968098#msg968098 date=1247246344]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968097#msg968097 date=1247246232]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968092#msg968092 date=1247245977]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968048#msg968048 date=1247242503]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968045#msg968045 date=1247242049]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968042#msg968042 date=1247241889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968040#msg968040 date=1247241781]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968034#msg968034 date=1247241535]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968030#msg968030 date=1247241203]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg967855#msg967855 date=1247181215]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg967823#msg967823 date=1247175034]
    You're wrong.
    And Harrison sucks.
    If Peyton Manning has no use for him, then we don't want him.
    Who is we? I want him. I will take Runyan too. This team could be frightening with the addition of Marvin, Brett, and Jon.
    We is me and any other rational Vikings fan who has a freaking clue.
    If Marvin had any gas left in his tank, then someone would have gobbled him up by now.
    He was a machine up until 2007.
    Then he's become a stiff.
    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing.
    Did you not read the post I wrote about the ludicrousness of those stats?
    Maybe you should scroll up and check it out.
    I don't agree with your point.
    [/quote]

    Of course you don't.
    Why would you when the stats you hang your hat on are shown to be misleading?
    [/quote]

    Misleading to you, not me.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    That's because you don't want to acknowledge it.
    3rd leaving receiver (after the TE!) on his team - a team that threw 130+ more passes than the Vikings.

    [/quote]

    Interesting. So if people don't agree, it is not acknowledging it. I never understood that one. LOL.
    [/quote]

    [size=12pt]You say "LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD!"
    [/size] but when shown how the stats are misleading, you casually disregard it.
    That's not acknowledging something.
    Basically, you've decided that Harrison is someone you want so you'll believe and tout anything that supports your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't.
    [/quote]

    Really?! Do you have a link of that quote by me? So who is being misleading? LMFAO!
    [/quote]

    I paraphrased for humor.
    I'm not surprised you missed that.
    Scroll up and read what you wrote above (I'll even highlight it for you).
    [/quote]

    You took it out of context and were misleading. I'm not surprised you did that.
    [/quote]

    How is that in any way "out of context" as that is EXACTLY what we had discussed in the previous 10 posts?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Ignore it all you want. I guess you are having a hard time acknowledging it. That is what you call casual disregard. Anything to support your viewpoint oh great one.

    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing. - Tim

    LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD! - Daniels Interpretation
    [/quote]
    If his stats and the fact that he outproduced any of our receivers are your only justification for wanting to sign him, how does that not make Z's interpretation of your opinion unreasonable?
    [/quote]

    When did I say that was the only reason we should sign him? Do you have a link?
    [/quote]
    It's the only reason I've seen thus far.


    What are the others? "To teach our young wide receivers."? Harrison barely even speaks to his teammates.


    I don't know what else there could really be to support Harrison at this point in his career.

  2. #102
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Harrison and Runyan To the Vikings?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968099#msg968099 date=1247246454]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968098#msg968098 date=1247246344]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968097#msg968097 date=1247246232]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968092#msg968092 date=1247245977]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968048#msg968048 date=1247242503]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968045#msg968045 date=1247242049]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968042#msg968042 date=1247241889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968040#msg968040 date=1247241781]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968034#msg968034 date=1247241535]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968030#msg968030 date=1247241203]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg967855#msg967855 date=1247181215]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg967823#msg967823 date=1247175034]
    You're wrong.
    And Harrison sucks.
    If Peyton Manning has no use for him, then we don't want him.
    Who is we? I want him. I will take Runyan too. This team could be frightening with the addition of Marvin, Brett, and Jon.
    We is me and any other rational Vikings fan who has a freaking clue.
    If Marvin had any gas left in his tank, then someone would have gobbled him up by now.
    He was a machine up until 2007.
    Then he's become a stiff.
    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing.
    Did you not read the post I wrote about the ludicrousness of those stats?
    Maybe you should scroll up and check it out.
    I don't agree with your point.
    [/quote]

    Of course you don't.
    Why would you when the stats you hang your hat on are shown to be misleading?
    [/quote]

    Misleading to you, not me.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    That's because you don't want to acknowledge it.
    3rd leaving receiver (after the TE!) on his team - a team that threw 130+ more passes than the Vikings.

    [/quote]

    Interesting. So if people don't agree, it is not acknowledging it. I never understood that one. LOL.
    [/quote]

    [size=12pt]You say "LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD!"
    [/size] but when shown how the stats are misleading, you casually disregard it.
    That's not acknowledging something.
    Basically, you've decided that Harrison is someone you want so you'll believe and tout anything that supports your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't.
    [/quote]

    Really?! Do you have a link of that quote by me? So who is being misleading? LMFAO!
    [/quote]

    I paraphrased for humor.
    I'm not surprised you missed that.
    Scroll up and read what you wrote above (I'll even highlight it for you).
    [/quote]

    You took it out of context and were misleading. I'm not surprised you did that.
    [/quote]

    How is that in any way "out of context" as that is EXACTLY what we had discussed in the previous 10 posts?
    [/quote]

    Ignore it all you want. I guess you are having a hard time acknowledging it. That is what you call casual disregard. Anything to support your viewpoint oh great one.

    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing. - Tim

    LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD! - Daniels Interpretation
    [/quote]

    You are really difficult to follow some times.


    It's simple:
    you point to his stats from last year and ask "How is he done?"
    I point out that that was his WORST year ever and that his productivity relative to any Vikings' WR can be explained by the higher attempts and completions of the Indy offense vs. the Vikings offense.


    And then you start spinning.


    =Z=
    [/quote]
    That's still not enough to convince me that he is not good enough to make our receivers squad. If he can make the Colts team, and see significant playing time, then I think he still has something left. The colts drafted
    Anthony Gonzalez in the first round of the 2007 draft but still started Harrison. Now they probably plan to start Gonzalez, hence no need for Harrison. Plus they have a new coaching staff, which usually means players are let go.

  3. #103
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Harrison and Runyan To the Vikings?

    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968102#msg968102 date=1247246821]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968101#msg968101 date=1247246631]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968099#msg968099 date=1247246454]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968098#msg968098 date=1247246344]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968097#msg968097 date=1247246232]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968092#msg968092 date=1247245977]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968048#msg968048 date=1247242503]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968045#msg968045 date=1247242049]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968042#msg968042 date=1247241889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968040#msg968040 date=1247241781]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968034#msg968034 date=1247241535]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968030#msg968030 date=1247241203]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg967855#msg967855 date=1247181215]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg967823#msg967823 date=1247175034]
    You're wrong.
    And Harrison sucks.
    If Peyton Manning has no use for him, then we don't want him.
    Who is we? I want him. I will take Runyan too. This team could be frightening with the addition of Marvin, Brett, and Jon.
    We is me and any other rational Vikings fan who has a freaking clue.
    If Marvin had any gas left in his tank, then someone would have gobbled him up by now.
    He was a machine up until 2007.
    Then he's become a stiff.
    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing.
    Did you not read the post I wrote about the ludicrousness of those stats?
    Maybe you should scroll up and check it out.
    I don't agree with your point.
    [/quote]

    Of course you don't.
    Why would you when the stats you hang your hat on are shown to be misleading?
    [/quote]

    Misleading to you, not me.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    That's because you don't want to acknowledge it.
    3rd leaving receiver (after the TE!) on his team - a team that threw 130+ more passes than the Vikings.

    [/quote]

    Interesting. So if people don't agree, it is not acknowledging it. I never understood that one. LOL.
    [/quote]

    [size=12pt]You say "LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD!"
    [/size] but when shown how the stats are misleading, you casually disregard it.
    That's not acknowledging something.
    Basically, you've decided that Harrison is someone you want so you'll believe and tout anything that supports your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't.
    [/quote]

    Really?! Do you have a link of that quote by me? So who is being misleading? LMFAO!
    [/quote]

    I paraphrased for humor.
    I'm not surprised you missed that.
    Scroll up and read what you wrote above (I'll even highlight it for you).
    [/quote]

    You took it out of context and were misleading. I'm not surprised you did that.
    [/quote]

    How is that in any way "out of context" as that is EXACTLY what we had discussed in the previous 10 posts?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Ignore it all you want. I guess you are having a hard time acknowledging it. That is what you call casual disregard. Anything to support your viewpoint oh great one.

    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing. - Tim

    LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD! - Daniels Interpretation
    [/quote]
    If his stats and the fact that he outproduced any of our receivers are your only justification for wanting to sign him, how does that not make Z's interpretation of your opinion unreasonable?
    [/quote]

    When did I say that was the only reason we should sign him? Do you have a link?
    [/quote]
    It's the only reason I've seen thus far.
    [/quote]

    Then you ask before you assume. Quite simple.

  4. #104
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Harrison and Runyan To the Vikings?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968099#msg968099 date=1247246454]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968098#msg968098 date=1247246344]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968097#msg968097 date=1247246232]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968092#msg968092 date=1247245977]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968048#msg968048 date=1247242503]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968045#msg968045 date=1247242049]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968042#msg968042 date=1247241889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968040#msg968040 date=1247241781]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968034#msg968034 date=1247241535]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968030#msg968030 date=1247241203]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg967855#msg967855 date=1247181215]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg967823#msg967823 date=1247175034]
    You're wrong.
    And Harrison sucks.
    If Peyton Manning has no use for him, then we don't want him.
    Who is we? I want him. I will take Runyan too. This team could be frightening with the addition of Marvin, Brett, and Jon.
    We is me and any other rational Vikings fan who has a freaking clue.
    If Marvin had any gas left in his tank, then someone would have gobbled him up by now.
    He was a machine up until 2007.
    Then he's become a stiff.
    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing.
    Did you not read the post I wrote about the ludicrousness of those stats?
    Maybe you should scroll up and check it out.
    I don't agree with your point.
    [/quote]

    Of course you don't.
    Why would you when the stats you hang your hat on are shown to be misleading?
    [/quote]

    Misleading to you, not me.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    That's because you don't want to acknowledge it.
    3rd leaving receiver (after the TE!) on his team - a team that threw 130+ more passes than the Vikings.

    [/quote]

    Interesting. So if people don't agree, it is not acknowledging it. I never understood that one. LOL.
    [/quote]

    [size=12pt]You say "LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD!"
    [/size] but when shown how the stats are misleading, you casually disregard it.
    That's not acknowledging something.
    Basically, you've decided that Harrison is someone you want so you'll believe and tout anything that supports your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't.
    [/quote]

    Really?! Do you have a link of that quote by me? So who is being misleading? LMFAO!
    [/quote]

    I paraphrased for humor.
    I'm not surprised you missed that.
    Scroll up and read what you wrote above (I'll even highlight it for you).
    [/quote]

    You took it out of context and were misleading. I'm not surprised you did that.
    [/quote]

    How is that in any way "out of context" as that is EXACTLY what we had discussed in the previous 10 posts?
    [/quote]

    Ignore it all you want. I guess you are having a hard time acknowledging it. That is what you call casual disregard. Anything to support your viewpoint oh great one.

    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing. - Tim

    LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD! - Daniels Interpretation
    [/quote]

    You are really difficult to follow some times.


    It's simple:
    you point to his stats from last year and ask "How is he done?"
    I point out that that was his WORST year ever and that his productivity relative to any Vikings' WR can be explained by the higher attempts and completions of the Indy offense vs. the Vikings offense.


    And then you start spinning.


    =Z=
    [/quote]

    I am spinning? Huh, I feel fine. Can you prove that those higher attempts were geared towards him? Yup your explanation completely says he is done.
    : Peyton spreads the ball around nicely. You act like I want him to be our #1 or #2.


  5. #105
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Harrison and Runyan To the Vikings?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968107#msg968107 date=1247247124]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968102#msg968102 date=1247246821]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968101#msg968101 date=1247246631]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968099#msg968099 date=1247246454]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968098#msg968098 date=1247246344]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968097#msg968097 date=1247246232]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968092#msg968092 date=1247245977]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968048#msg968048 date=1247242503]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968045#msg968045 date=1247242049]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968042#msg968042 date=1247241889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968040#msg968040 date=1247241781]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968034#msg968034 date=1247241535]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968030#msg968030 date=1247241203]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg967855#msg967855 date=1247181215]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg967823#msg967823 date=1247175034]
    You're wrong.
    And Harrison sucks.
    If Peyton Manning has no use for him, then we don't want him.
    Who is we? I want him. I will take Runyan too. This team could be frightening with the addition of Marvin, Brett, and Jon.
    We is me and any other rational Vikings fan who has a freaking clue.
    If Marvin had any gas left in his tank, then someone would have gobbled him up by now.
    He was a machine up until 2007.
    Then he's become a stiff.
    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing.
    Did you not read the post I wrote about the ludicrousness of those stats?
    Maybe you should scroll up and check it out.
    I don't agree with your point.
    [/quote]

    Of course you don't.
    Why would you when the stats you hang your hat on are shown to be misleading?
    [/quote]

    Misleading to you, not me.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    That's because you don't want to acknowledge it.
    3rd leaving receiver (after the TE!) on his team - a team that threw 130+ more passes than the Vikings.

    [/quote]

    Interesting. So if people don't agree, it is not acknowledging it. I never understood that one. LOL.
    [/quote]

    [size=12pt]You say "LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD!"
    [/size] but when shown how the stats are misleading, you casually disregard it.
    That's not acknowledging something.
    Basically, you've decided that Harrison is someone you want so you'll believe and tout anything that supports your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't.
    [/quote]

    Really?! Do you have a link of that quote by me? So who is being misleading? LMFAO!
    [/quote]

    I paraphrased for humor.
    I'm not surprised you missed that.
    Scroll up and read what you wrote above (I'll even highlight it for you).
    [/quote]

    You took it out of context and were misleading. I'm not surprised you did that.
    [/quote]

    How is that in any way "out of context" as that is EXACTLY what we had discussed in the previous 10 posts?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Ignore it all you want. I guess you are having a hard time acknowledging it. That is what you call casual disregard. Anything to support your viewpoint oh great one.

    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing. - Tim

    LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD! - Daniels Interpretation
    [/quote]
    If his stats and the fact that he outproduced any of our receivers are your only justification for wanting to sign him, how does that not make Z's interpretation of your opinion unreasonable?
    [/quote]

    When did I say that was the only reason we should sign him? Do you have a link?
    [/quote]
    It's the only reason I've seen thus far.
    [/quote]

    Then you ask before you assume. Quite simple.
    [/quote]
    What are the other reasons then? I asked in that post, but you cut it off.

  6. #106
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Harrison and Runyan To the Vikings?

    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968109#msg968109 date=1247247447]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968107#msg968107 date=1247247124]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968102#msg968102 date=1247246821]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968101#msg968101 date=1247246631]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968099#msg968099 date=1247246454]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968098#msg968098 date=1247246344]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968097#msg968097 date=1247246232]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968092#msg968092 date=1247245977]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968048#msg968048 date=1247242503]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968045#msg968045 date=1247242049]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968042#msg968042 date=1247241889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968040#msg968040 date=1247241781]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968034#msg968034 date=1247241535]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968030#msg968030 date=1247241203]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg967855#msg967855 date=1247181215]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg967823#msg967823 date=1247175034]
    You're wrong.
    And Harrison sucks.
    If Peyton Manning has no use for him, then we don't want him.
    Who is we? I want him. I will take Runyan too. This team could be frightening with the addition of Marvin, Brett, and Jon.
    We is me and any other rational Vikings fan who has a freaking clue.
    If Marvin had any gas left in his tank, then someone would have gobbled him up by now.
    He was a machine up until 2007.
    Then he's become a stiff.
    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing.
    Did you not read the post I wrote about the ludicrousness of those stats?
    Maybe you should scroll up and check it out.
    I don't agree with your point.
    [/quote]

    Of course you don't.
    Why would you when the stats you hang your hat on are shown to be misleading?
    [/quote]

    Misleading to you, not me.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    That's because you don't want to acknowledge it.
    3rd leaving receiver (after the TE!) on his team - a team that threw 130+ more passes than the Vikings.

    [/quote]

    Interesting. So if people don't agree, it is not acknowledging it. I never understood that one. LOL.
    [/quote]

    [size=12pt]You say "LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD!"
    [/size] but when shown how the stats are misleading, you casually disregard it.
    That's not acknowledging something.
    Basically, you've decided that Harrison is someone you want so you'll believe and tout anything that supports your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't.
    [/quote]

    Really?! Do you have a link of that quote by me? So who is being misleading? LMFAO!
    [/quote]

    I paraphrased for humor.
    I'm not surprised you missed that.
    Scroll up and read what you wrote above (I'll even highlight it for you).
    [/quote]

    You took it out of context and were misleading. I'm not surprised you did that.
    [/quote]

    How is that in any way "out of context" as that is EXACTLY what we had discussed in the previous 10 posts?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Ignore it all you want. I guess you are having a hard time acknowledging it. That is what you call casual disregard. Anything to support your viewpoint oh great one.

    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing. - Tim

    LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD! - Daniels Interpretation
    [/quote]
    If his stats and the fact that he outproduced any of our receivers are your only justification for wanting to sign him, how does that not make Z's interpretation of your opinion unreasonable?
    [/quote]

    When did I say that was the only reason we should sign him? Do you have a link?
    [/quote]
    It's the only reason I've seen thus far.
    [/quote]

    Then you ask before you assume. Quite simple.
    [/quote]
    What are the other reasons then? I asked in that post, but you cut it off.
    [/quote]

    I guess you missed this one.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=52247.msg966161#msg966161

  7. #107
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Harrison and Runyan To the Vikings?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=52247.msg968111#msg968111 date=1247247642]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968109#msg968109 date=1247247447]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968107#msg968107 date=1247247124]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968102#msg968102 date=1247246821]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968101#msg968101 date=1247246631]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968099#msg968099 date=1247246454]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968098#msg968098 date=1247246344]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968097#msg968097 date=1247246232]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968092#msg968092 date=1247245977]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968048#msg968048 date=1247242503]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968045#msg968045 date=1247242049]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968042#msg968042 date=1247241889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968040#msg968040 date=1247241781]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968034#msg968034 date=1247241535]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968030#msg968030 date=1247241203]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg967855#msg967855 date=1247181215]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg967823#msg967823 date=1247175034]
    You're wrong.
    And Harrison sucks.
    If Peyton Manning has no use for him, then we don't want him.
    Who is we? I want him. I will take Runyan too. This team could be frightening with the addition of Marvin, Brett, and Jon.
    We is me and any other rational Vikings fan who has a freaking clue.
    If Marvin had any gas left in his tank, then someone would have gobbled him up by now.
    He was a machine up until 2007.
    Then he's become a stiff.
    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing.
    Did you not read the post I wrote about the ludicrousness of those stats?
    Maybe you should scroll up and check it out.
    I don't agree with your point.
    [/quote]

    Of course you don't.
    Why would you when the stats you hang your hat on are shown to be misleading?
    [/quote]

    Misleading to you, not me.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    That's because you don't want to acknowledge it.
    3rd leaving receiver (after the TE!) on his team - a team that threw 130+ more passes than the Vikings.

    [/quote]

    Interesting. So if people don't agree, it is not acknowledging it. I never understood that one. LOL.
    [/quote]

    [size=12pt]You say "LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD!"
    [/size] but when shown how the stats are misleading, you casually disregard it.
    That's not acknowledging something.
    Basically, you've decided that Harrison is someone you want so you'll believe and tout anything that supports your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't.
    [/quote]

    Really?! Do you have a link of that quote by me? So who is being misleading? LMFAO!
    [/quote]

    I paraphrased for humor.
    I'm not surprised you missed that.
    Scroll up and read what you wrote above (I'll even highlight it for you).
    [/quote]

    You took it out of context and were misleading. I'm not surprised you did that.
    [/quote]

    How is that in any way "out of context" as that is EXACTLY what we had discussed in the previous 10 posts?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Ignore it all you want. I guess you are having a hard time acknowledging it. That is what you call casual disregard. Anything to support your viewpoint oh great one.

    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing. - Tim

    LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD! - Daniels Interpretation
    [/quote]
    If his stats and the fact that he outproduced any of our receivers are your only justification for wanting to sign him, how does that not make Z's interpretation of your opinion unreasonable?
    [/quote]

    When did I say that was the only reason we should sign him? Do you have a link?
    [/quote]
    It's the only reason I've seen thus far.
    [/quote]

    Then you ask before you assume. Quite simple.
    [/quote]
    What are the other reasons then? I asked in that post, but you cut it off.
    [/quote]

    I guess you missed this one.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=52247.msg966161#msg966161
    [/quote]
    Yeah I did miss that.

    But you might want to change that to a "was a great route runner..."

    And 2 pros, don't outweigh a handful of cons.

    37 years old.
    175 pounds(weren't people bitching about DeSean Jackson's weight last offseason... at 22, not 37).
    Speed, or loss of speed.
    Criminal.
    Issues as a teammate.
    Injury concerns.
    Learning a new system.
    Contract.

  8. #108
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Harrison and Runyan To the Vikings?

    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968114#msg968114 date=1247247921]
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=52247.msg968111#msg968111 date=1247247642]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968109#msg968109 date=1247247447]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968107#msg968107 date=1247247124]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968102#msg968102 date=1247246821]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968101#msg968101 date=1247246631]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968099#msg968099 date=1247246454]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968098#msg968098 date=1247246344]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968097#msg968097 date=1247246232]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968092#msg968092 date=1247245977]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968048#msg968048 date=1247242503]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968045#msg968045 date=1247242049]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968042#msg968042 date=1247241889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968040#msg968040 date=1247241781]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg968034#msg968034 date=1247241535]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg968030#msg968030 date=1247241203]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52247.msg967855#msg967855 date=1247181215]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52247.msg967823#msg967823 date=1247175034]
    You're wrong.
    And Harrison sucks.
    If Peyton Manning has no use for him, then we don't want him.
    Who is we? I want him. I will take Runyan too. This team could be frightening with the addition of Marvin, Brett, and Jon.
    We is me and any other rational Vikings fan who has a freaking clue.
    If Marvin had any gas left in his tank, then someone would have gobbled him up by now.
    He was a machine up until 2007.
    Then he's become a stiff.
    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing.
    Did you not read the post I wrote about the ludicrousness of those stats?
    Maybe you should scroll up and check it out.
    I don't agree with your point.
    [/quote]

    Of course you don't.
    Why would you when the stats you hang your hat on are shown to be misleading?
    [/quote]

    Misleading to you, not me.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    That's because you don't want to acknowledge it.
    3rd leaving receiver (after the TE!) on his team - a team that threw 130+ more passes than the Vikings.

    [/quote]

    Interesting. So if people don't agree, it is not acknowledging it. I never understood that one. LOL.
    [/quote]

    [size=12pt]You say "LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD!"
    [/size] but when shown how the stats are misleading, you casually disregard it.
    That's not acknowledging something.
    Basically, you've decided that Harrison is someone you want so you'll believe and tout anything that supports your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't.
    [/quote]

    Really?! Do you have a link of that quote by me? So who is being misleading? LMFAO!
    [/quote]

    I paraphrased for humor.
    I'm not surprised you missed that.
    Scroll up and read what you wrote above (I'll even highlight it for you).
    [/quote]

    You took it out of context and were misleading. I'm not surprised you did that.
    [/quote]

    How is that in any way "out of context" as that is EXACTLY what we had discussed in the previous 10 posts?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Ignore it all you want. I guess you are having a hard time acknowledging it. That is what you call casual disregard. Anything to support your viewpoint oh great one.

    Did you not see his stats for last year? He was more productive than any of our WRs. So how is he done? I bet teams are worried about that gun thing. - Tim

    LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!
    HE'S A STUD! - Daniels Interpretation
    [/quote]
    If his stats and the fact that he outproduced any of our receivers are your only justification for wanting to sign him, how does that not make Z's interpretation of your opinion unreasonable?
    [/quote]

    When did I say that was the only reason we should sign him? Do you have a link?
    [/quote]
    It's the only reason I've seen thus far.
    [/quote]

    Then you ask before you assume. Quite simple.
    [/quote]
    What are the other reasons then? I asked in that post, but you cut it off.
    [/quote]

    I guess you missed this one.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=52247.msg966161#msg966161
    [/quote]
    Yeah I did miss that.

    But you might want to change that to a "was a great route runner..."

    And 2 pros, don't outweigh a handful of cons.

    37 years old.
    175 pounds(weren't people bitching about DeSean Jackson's weight last offseason... at 22, not 37).
    Speed, or loss of speed.
    Criminal.
    Issues as a teammate.
    Injury concerns.
    Learning a new system.
    Contract.
    [/quote]

    Do you have proof that he is no longer a great route runner, that he is a criminal, that he lost speed, that he has issues as a teammate or a contract will be a problem? So what if he is old. His light weight never hurt him before. Every player could possible be an injury concern. Learning a new system is the only con I see.

  9. #109
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Marvin Harrison to Minnesota? John Runyan (OT)?

    What Marvin would bring is some good vet experience.

    Although BB and Wade have 6 and 7 years in the NFL, both have only 3 years where they started more than 12 games.

    Then you have the rest of the Viking WR's of which Rice is the most experienced and has only 7 starts.

    I would love Marvin as a mentor for PH.
    I think PH would love to have a future HOFer like Marvin as a mentor too.

    The one thing that hurts is the Vikes have several promising WR's and one would have to go to make room.

    But hey, if Marvin wants to come to the Vikes and sign a short term incentive heavy contract, then I say lets get him.
    He's a major upgrade to a guy like Furguson, who I think the Vikes signed for the vet presence.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  10. #110
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Marvin Harrison to Minnesota? John Runyan (OT)?

    Marvin does bring good vet presence.
    He brings a solid pro whether or not he's "too old"
    He can mentor PH and SR especially in the route running area.
    If the contract is not big there is no reason not signing him.
    The fact he is "old" means nothing unless the contract is ridiculous.
    I don't believe the Vikings will fork over a bunch of cash for a guy that will most likely be slotted as the #3 WR.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Marvin Harrison...good person and model citizen...NOT!!
    By MarqVikesfaninva in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 02:26 PM
  2. Colts' Marvin Harrison, 35, facing questions on his future
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 11:19 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 06:52 PM
  4. runyan re-signs with eagles
    By vikeswin2005 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 02:19 AM
  5. Marvin Harrison accused of assault.
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 02:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •