Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Marrdro's Roster Analysis

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikesfan713" wrote:
    What a deal Javon Walker got with Oakand 6yr 55million makes our deal to BB look pretty good.
    All need is some for our left side of our D Line
    LOL, I think we got a bargain on BB and also a huge bargain on Phat Pat by resigning before this market hit.

Can you imagine what he would have cost if ole Bryzcheapski would have waited to sign him after the season ended?
    I'm assuming you mean "Bryzcheapski" in a good way.
    Of course.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"mountainviking" wrote:
    We can hope that Mozes can be the man at C, but we've become pretty used to our first round talent there, and I'm not convinced that an undrafted guy is going to be able to tow the line.
    Maybe.
    Its a gamble and he was hurt last year, so we really don't know much about him.
    Hell, I saw one list that had Herrera as the 2nd string center.
    Who took those reps in the preseason games last year?
    Cook?
    I'm not sure who did.
    I would imagine that Cook spent most of his time getting aclimated to the OT position.
    I will try to do a search and see if I can find any articles.

Believe it or not, there is alot of depth on the OL positions this year.
    I really believe that we will see several more candidates come in as Undrafted FA's that won't be chopped liver but rather decent guys that can grow in the system if they in fact can beat out the current crop of backups.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

So, if (when?) McKinnie gets suspended, we're looking at Hicks or Chase Johnson getting those starts.
    With the whole, "five years to learn zone," theory, I guess its just good to have somebody in the system...but that scares me, cuz TJack doesn't handle the extra pressure all that well.
    Hopefully, that is one of the things they are working on.
    Some quick slants, hooks etc to beat that 8-9 in the box, zone blitz everyone is using against us.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    So, if (when?) McKinnie gets suspended, we're looking at Hicks or Chase Johnson getting those starts.
    With the whole, "five years to learn zone," theory, I guess its just good to have somebody in the system...but that scares me, cuz TJack doesn't handle the extra pressure all that well.
    Some quick slants, hooks etc to beat that 8-9 in the box, zone blitz everyone is using against us.
    Screens.
    It's what Saunders has used to help Jason Campbell and he threw for 2700 yards before getting hurt.

"mountainviking" wrote:
    You are correct, or atleast that is who is currently on the roster.

I'm putting my faith in the coaching staff. They kept them on the roster for a reason last year, both are young and should only be better this year.

On a side note, I really believe they might spend a late first day, early second day on a T this year after Big Macs snaffu.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Do you have to make the bald man cry every once in a while when you are making your draft/mock spread sheets?
    I just picture you getting so damn excited about it that I bet it's scary for wildwoman to be in the same house with you.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    Do you have to make the bald man cry every once in a while when you are making your draft/mock spread sheets?
    I just picture you getting so gol 'darnit excited about it that I bet it's scary for wildwoman to be in the same house with you.
    LOL.

She doesn't give a squat about FA or Drafts.
    She just waits till preseason.
    You should see here when they bring the starters out and let the scrubs play.
    ;D

Updated the roster to reflect the new signings.

Still have 5 roster spots that aren't filled during the FA period.
    We should be able to parlay all of our picks into some sort of plan to fix that either via the draft or possibly to send a pick or two to a team for a certain DE (Taylor).

;D

Still say they will fill KH spot with another Vet as well as draft a rookie.
    That vet will compete for BB to be the backup and the rookie will make the roster this year so that they don't lose him like they did Thygpen last year.

DE is still an issue.
    Most believe we will fix this spot by drafting an edge rusher this year when I really believe we have a bigger issue after the sad news of Keneche and that is we only have one LDE currently on the roster.
    Jayme will get damn tired taking every snap in the scheme we run.
    ;D

After some updates to guys like Merling, maybe they will take a OT or something with thier first pick and address the LDE position with someone in the 2nd or 3rd round that is of better value.

Also, we still need to find 2 Safties someplace.

Can't wait for the draft to see who we get and also to see what players get chopped after the draft.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

We've signed some depth and the needs are getting trimmed down...looks now, based on who we had last year, we have 6 roster spots wide open:
    2 S, QB, LDE, DT, and possibly CB (depending on Whitaker).
    Obviously, LDE is the biggest need.
    I think that S, QB, and DT are all pretty close seconds...all spots where we have the starters we need, but little to no depth behind them.
    With a little luck fighting off injuries, S and QB won't start this year, and probably won't play very much at all other than preseason.
    DT on the other hand, could come into the rotation early to keep the Williams fresh, and hopefully, provide some penetration/pocket puncturing pressence to our pass rush.

Other positions of interest, for depth and development would still include OT, C, and WR.
    OT by far the biggest concern, with McKinnie likely to be suspended, possibly spending time in jail...but, if he gets off easy and stays healthy, he's the starter there.
    Birk is a FA next year (read that somewhere?) and hasn't quite played up to expectations lately.
    He may need a hell of a good year, to prove he's worth the raise the FA market would provide to his already sizeable 4 million/year.
    My bet right now would be that he plays well, and we extend him mid season, but he's not young, and we will need a replacement eventually.
    I actually like our WR core.
    Wow, been a little while since I could say I was this stoked with them...but, our group was widely criticized last year, and I could still see us going there if one with value dropped to the right spot for us.
    Depth and competition are good things...the question of course is what other position suffers for the 6th WR?
    Maybe, we go with a "Slash" type guy...can Josh Johnson be our 2nd/3rd QB, and our extra, speedy WR?

The good thing about Safeties, is there are actually quite a few guys I like down the line (2nd-4th rds and we have 2 3rds
    ).
    Guys like DaJuan Morgan, Craig Steltz, Zibowitski, and Jamar Adams who have the physical tools, and could learn behind Sharper and Williams for a year or two before stepping in as solid starters.

Too bad about Merling...or is it?
    Maybe this is what we needed to get him to drop to #17.
    I'll bet they bring him in for an interview/physical, and if he passes, he fills the biggest need.
    Otherwise, I think we'll try to trade down, and grab a little lesser known guy (like Laws?) at the end of the first or top of the second.
    If they can't get a deal they like, I think it will be DT or OT as the next options, given the general depth we have and the issues above.
    (*And, the first round is all about the rare physical specimens, the biggest, strongest, fastest combination you can get...then figure what position he plays
    ;D *)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Updated the roster to reflect the new signings.

Still have 5 roster spots that aren't filled during the FA period.
    We should be able to parlay all of our picks into some sort of plan to fix that either via the draft or possibly to send a pick or two to a team for a certain DE (Taylor).

;D

Still say they will fill KH spot with another Vet as well as draft a rookie.
    That vet will compete for BB to be the backup and the rookie will make the roster this year so that they don't lose him like they did Thygpen last year.

DE is still an issue.
    Most believe we will fix this spot by drafting an edge rusher this year when I really believe we have a bigger issue after the sad news of Keneche and that is we only have one LDE currently on the roster.
    Jayme will get gol 'darnit tired taking every snap in the scheme we run.
    ;D

After some updates to guys like Merling, maybe they will take a OT or something with thier first pick and address the LDE position with someone in the 2nd or 3rd round that is of better value.

Also, we still need to find 2 Safties someplace.

Can't wait for the draft to see who we get and also to see what players get chopped after the draft.
    Even after the sad news about Udeze.... i don't understand how you could possibly think LDE is a more glaring need than RDE or a pass rush end..??

While I understand we don't have a quote another LDE on the roster besides Mitchell, clearly pass rush was the biggest weakness next to receiver/QB on the team... so imo we need a pass rush end that can pressure the qb.. the run D is solid, but we need that kind of guy to help the secondary out and create even more turnovers which is what we're pretty good at...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast