Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Marrdro's Roster Analysis

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

BPA between a DE or S.
    My bet it is DE here and another later in the draft.
    DT.
    No safety of value in the second round.

3a. OT. Big shift for me here. They take a guy that there isn't a roster spot for.
    3b. S.
    Depending on what happens during the rest of FA we still need two more safties.
    QB. The guy that will sit the bench and learn.
    Will eventually replace TJ as starter if he doesn't pan out, or if he leaves for a bigger contract at the end of his first contract.
    RB. Again, if they get a vet then they won't draft a RB here.
    S/DE.

Again, all depends on the rest of FA.
    Might still need two this year.
    7. CB.
    Need a ST if Whitaker goes someplace else. If he is resigned they won't take a CB in this draft.
    Once again you fail to see the need for drafting a center? In an offense that takes 5 years to learn & as far as the front line goes, center IMO is arguable the hardest position to learn. With Birk getting up there in age, the need to bring one in so he can learn & know the system is now so he can easily be plugged in when that times arises.

Perhaps maybe you still think Mozes is that guy because he played center in college, but I think differently.

1. He tore his ACL last year & we don't know how he'll recover from that.

2. The Vikings have him listed as a G, not a center. That tells me they are trying to convert him to play G just like they did with Cook.

We can't wait until Birk retires or gets injured to then try & find a plug & play guy. I just don't see that happening.
    Excellent post my friend.
    I agree that C is the toughest of the OL positions to learn, however, as you noted, I believe Mozes is the hier apparent at C.

I am not only basing that assumption on the fact that he was a C coming out of college but also on a radio program I listen to on Sirius.
    Host is our old RB's coach (can't remember his name right now, but they talked about him for almost a half hour and then they interviewed him.
    He is on the roster as Birks backup and can also fill in at G if needed.

Quick question, was Birk listed as a OT/C when he came out or was he listed as a OT and then moved to C?

Again, with him already on the roster and the plan already to let him be the backup (unless someone "Undrafted FA" beats
    him out in traing camp) then I assume they don't need to draft a guy to learn the system.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    "purplepat" wrote:

TE Braden Jones
    TE Garrett Mills
    C Dan Mozes
    Mozes is listed as a G on the Vikings website, not a C, which leads me to believe that they are trying to convert him.
    Same question I asked in the previous post.

Was Birk listed as a OT or a C when he was drafted and made the roster?

I will go dig the link up that showed what he was projected as coming out of college.
    C who would/could fill in at G for depth until he got a shot at starting.

What is it about this guy you don't like?
    ;D

He gives us depth at G, can play C and has been around for a year (even though he was injured).
    Why go find another guy unless you believe he doesn't have the talent.

As I've repeatedly stated on here, guys that can play multiple positions, whether that is on the OL, DL, TE/FB or Secondary seems to be the critter this staff likes.

Mozes is one of those critters in my book.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance, but I was trying to remember when did we cut Ciatrick Fason, was in back in Training Camp last year?

That was my recollection, that he was a roster casualty getting down to 53.
    Was he ever put on the practice squad or was he just outright released?
    Any thoughts from anyone whether he would be a servicable guy to slot into the final roster spot for RB or not?

I dont recall whether he had a bad camp last year, he was never a game breaker, but always seemed to be at least popular with the fans, I dont know if that ever was the case with those that count.
    Yep...

9/1/2007 Released S Greg Blue, S Patrick Body, DT Conrad Bolston, WR Jason Carter, C/G Kyle Cook, CB Dovonte Edwards, RB Ciatrick Fason, DT Howard Green, LB George Hall, WR Cortez Hankton, LB David Herron, CB Chad Johnson, C Nork Katnik, T Jimmy Martin, WR Billy McMullen, WR Martin Nance, TE Richard Owens, RB Artose Pinner, DE Khreem Smith, TE Stephen Spach, QB Tyler Thigpen, WR Chandler Williams

http://www.vikings.com/TeamRosterMoves.aspx
    Thanks my friend for answering the question.

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    Once again Marr....you put together an excellent analysis

Let me toss in my 2 cents

Our 1st round choice will be a best player available between DE and secondary.
    We may trade the pick down a couple of spots if we think the player we want will still be there in order to maybe score an extra pick.

Our 2nd round pick may be the flip of our first rounder....meaning if 1st rounder is DE, we will go safety in 2nd, and vice versa

I really dont think we take a RB at all with the additon of Mo Hicks

3rd round belongs to the offensive line....just not sure.
    My guess is a cross between best player available/able to play other positions.

I love draft day more than free agency

You can put in a whole dollars worth if you keep adding quality like this.
    Great stuff.

I did this before Hicks got signed last night.
    Truth be told, I have been mucking about with it for about 2 weeks.
    I am slow this year.

Good thoughts on your draft ideas.
    Again, as I said earlier, this year is gonna be a tough one to figure out.
    With the exception of DE (LDE at that) we really do have a pretty full cupboard when you look at the roster.

BPA is gonna be the tone I think with the exception of the first 2 picks.
    I believe we will draft for need but because DE is so deep will draft who ever fills our need the best with those two picks (if that makes sense).

"vikesfan713" wrote:
    They need to trade a third to dolphins for taylor and i would love to see kenny phillips in 1st or DE from florida------I see them taking flacco or Brohm if he drops, If neither are there I would be content with Woodson in 4th range or Brennan in 6th.
    Think Ainge in the 5th possibly the 4th.

As to Taylor, I would love to see him but I would rather continue down the path of drafting for the future instead of giving up picks on him.

Not sure why either.
    My guess is they will wait until roster cuts after the draft and pick up a guy (Cheap) they have in thier sights that we don't even know about.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

BPA between a DE or S.
    My bet it is DE here and another later in the draft.
    DT.
    No safety of value in the second round.

3a. OT. Big shift for me here. They take a guy that there isn't a roster spot for.
    3b. S.
    Depending on what happens during the rest of FA we still need two more safties.
    QB. The guy that will sit the bench and learn.
    Will eventually replace TJ as starter if he doesn't pan out, or if he leaves for a bigger contract at the end of his first contract.
    RB. Again, if they get a vet then they won't draft a RB here.
    S/DE.
    Again, all depends on the rest of FA.
    Might still need two this year.
    7. CB.
    Need a ST if Whitaker goes someplace else. If he is resigned they won't take a CB in this draft.
    Once again you fail to see the need for drafting a center? In an offense that takes 5 years to learn & as far as the front line goes, center IMO is arguable the hardest position to learn. With Birk getting up there in age, the need to bring one in so he can learn & know the system is now so he can easily be plugged in when that times arises.

Perhaps maybe you still think Mozes is that guy because he played center in college, but I think differently.

1. He tore his ACL last year & we don't know how he'll recover from that.

2. The Vikings have him listed as a G, not a center. That tells me they are trying to convert him to play G just like they did with Cook.

We can't wait until Birk retires or gets injured to then try & find a plug & play guy. I just don't see that happening.
    Excellent post my friend.
    I agree that C is the toughest of the OL positions to learn, however, as you noted, I believe Mozes is the hier apparent at C.

I am not only basing that assumption on the fact that he was a C coming out of college but also on a radio program I listen to on Sirius.
    Host is our old RB's coach (can't remember his name right now, but they talked about him for almost a half hour and then they interviewed him.
    He is on the roster as Birks backup and can also fill in at G if needed.

Quick question, was Birk listed as a OT/C when he came out or was he listed as a OT and then moved to C?

Again, with him already on the roster and the plan already to let him be the backup (unless someone "Undrafted FA" beats
    him out in traing camp) then I assume they don't need to draft a guy to learn the system.
    Listed as a Tackle in the draft

"vikesfan713" wrote:
    What a deal Javon Walker got with Oakand 6yr 55million makes our deal to BB look pretty good.
    All need is some for our left side of our D Line
    LOL, I think we got a bargain on BB and also a huge bargain on Phat Pat by resigning before this market hit.

Can you imagine what he would have cost if ole Bryzcheapski would have waited to sign him after the season ended?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikesfan713" wrote:
    What a deal Javon Walker got with Oakand 6yr 55million makes our deal to BB look pretty good.
    LOL, I think we got a bargain on BB and also a huge bargain on Phat Pat by resigning before this market hit.

Can you imagine what he would have cost if ole Bryzcheapski would have waited to sign him after the season ended?
    I'm assuming you mean "Bryzcheapski" in a good way.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

We can hope that Mozes can be the man at C, but we've become pretty used to our first round talent there, and I'm not convinced that an undrafted guy is going to be able to tow the line.
    Maybe.
    Its a gamble and he was hurt last year, so we really don't know much about him.
    Hell, I saw one list that had Herrera as the 2nd string center.
    Who took those reps in the preseason games last year?
    Cook?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikesfan713" wrote:

I'm assuming you mean "Bryzcheapski" in a good way.
    Anyone notice how we went from middle of the pack, cap space wise, to 5th best in the league the day before free agency.

Oh so cheap ;D.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast