Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Marrdro's Mock Draft (First Round Only - Version 1)

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Alright, lost all of my mock drafts I had worked up this year when my puter crashed.
    Spent a rainy afternoon getting my first round done.

Eventually I will get all seven rounds done and will work them on this site.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/u...?mock_id=13765
    No way we pass on Micheal Oher, or that he falls out of round 1.
    You could be right.
    Problem I have at this stage in the game is I try to look out several rounds (still trying to get 2 and 3 figured out) to see what the other teams would/will take.

The way this plays out guys like Loadholt would also be someone that we could get in the second.
    Heck even Troy Kropog out of Tulane could be available in the later rounds.....

Troy Kropog, Tulane
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 309.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.02.
    Combine 40 Time: 5.32.
    Benchx225: 21. Arm: 33 1/2.
    Projected Round (2009): 2-3.
    1/6/09: A three-year starter and a member of the All-Conference USA First Team, Troy Kropog is finally getting the recognition he deserves after opening up massive running lanes for two of the nation's leading rushers.

5/24/08: A very athletic zone-blocking lineman who had a long streak of consecutive snaps going into the 2007 season.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009OT.php

Again, its way to early to say a guy won't fall or a team won't pass on guy X at this point.
    Fun to look at all the possibilities though in a effort to try to guess right.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Alright, lost all of my mock drafts I had worked up this year when my puter crashed.

You could be right.
    Problem I have at this stage in the game is I try to look out several rounds (still trying to get 2 and 3 figured out) to see what the other teams would/will take.

The way this plays out guys like Loadholt would also be someone that we could get in the second.

Troy Kropog, Tulane
    1/6/09: A three-year starter and a member of the All-Conference USA First Team, Troy Kropog is finally getting the recognition he deserves after opening up massive running lanes for two of the nation's leading rushers.

5/24/08: A very athletic zone-blocking lineman who had a long streak of consecutive snaps going into the 2007 season.

Again, its way to early to say a guy won't fall or a team won't pass on guy X at this point.
    So what made you rank Beatty ahead of Oher and Britton, who are pretty much consensus first rounders? Beatty is the 6th ranked OT nearly everywhere I look.

"mountainviking" wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfp2gDL0ue4

Here's your new Vikings LB...Kenny Onatolu
    Very nice.
    How is that guy flying under the radar?
    Not on any of the value boards.....

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009_NFL_...alue_board.htm

Ohhhh wait, DUH.....You got me......he is already on the roster....... ;D
    Fooled me with that one.
    I thought I heard of his name someplace....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You could be right.

Troy Kropog, Tulane

So what made you rank Beatty ahead of Oher and Britton, who are pretty much consensus first rounders? Beatty is the 6th ranked OT nearly everywhere I look.
    One thing to remember about my mocks.
    I don't so much plug the highest ranked guy in with a team, but rather try to plug in the guy that fits thier scheme.

That is the case here.

On a side note, in some cases if I have insider info on a guy that they had in for a workout and he is available there, I will plug him in as well.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You could be right.

Troy Kropog, Tulane

I don't so much plug the highest ranked guy in with a team, but rather try to plug in the guy that fits thier scheme.

That is the case here.

On a side note, in some cases if I have insider info on a guy that they had in for a workout and he is available there, I will plug him in as well.

Oh that makes sense now, the lions want a player with less talent, to fit in with their POS team.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50997.msg922496#msg922496 date=1237138502]

You could be right.

Troy Kropog, Tulane

That is the case here.

Oh that makes sense now, the lions want a player with less talent, to fit in with their POS team.
    [/quote]
    Well one could think of it that way but really that isn't what I meant.

Think of it this way......Would you want a RT on your roster who wasn't good at ZB'ing and couldn't figure out when/how to disengage and go to the next level?
    Would you want a CB on your team who couldn't fit in the Cover 2 scheme and struggled with shifting coverage with the X?

Again, don't get wrapped around who is the most talented but rather who fits what they are trying to do.
    Teams that draft that way always seem to have the right cat ready to go.
    Guys like the Jets who draft a Gholston look like fools.

Not because they took a talented player, but rather they took a player who didn't have the talent to play that scheme.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=50997.msg922586#msg922586 date=1237146868]

You could be right.

Troy Kropog, Tulane

That is the case here.

[/quote]

Think of it this way......Would you want a RT on your roster who wasn't good at ZB'ing and couldn't figure out when/how to disengage and go to the next level?
    Would you want a CB on your team who couldn't fit in the Cover 2 scheme and struggled with shifting coverage with the X?

Again, don't get wrapped around who is the most talented but rather who fits what they are trying to do.

Not because they took a talented player, but rather they took a player who didn't have the talent to play that scheme.
    [/quote]

A good offensive tackle is a good offensive tackle, put Joe Thomas on any line and he's a good LT. Do you really have information that Beatty fits Detroit's system better than Oher or Britton? If you do I would really like to hear it.

As for Gholston I have no idea what you are talking about. He was always going to be a 3-4 ROLB, and he was always a workout warrior who was lost during games at times. It was nothing to do with the scheme. The Jets simply misused a pick on a workout warrior.

If any tackle can be compared to Gholston it's Beatty, he was never considered a first round talent until after the combine, another workout warrior.

Edit:

Regarding CBs who don't fit the cover 2, weren't you one of the biggest proponents of signing Chris Carr, whose main draw is the ability to return kicks, and his speed? Kick returners are usually heralded for their shiftiness and quick feet, not their toughness or stoutness.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

You should never expect anything out of first year players, whether they're Joe Thomas, Vernon Gholston, or Dan Marino.

We've been spoiled by 2 of the best rookies ever. Don't expect it, ever. Hope all you want, but don't be surprised when it doesn't happen.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50997.msg922607#msg922607 date=1237152632]
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=50997.msg922586#msg922586 date=1237146868]

You could be right.

Troy Kropog, Tulane

That is the case here.

[/quote]

[/quote]

A good offensive tackle is a good offensive tackle, put Joe Thomas on any line and he's a good LT. Do you really have information that Beatty fits Detroit's system better than Oher or Britton? If you do I would really like to hear it.

As for Gholston I have no idea what you are talking about. He was always going to be a 3-4 ROLB, and he was always a workout warrior who was lost during games at times. It was nothing to do with the scheme. The Jets simply misused a pick on a workout warrior.

If any tackle can be compared to Gholston it's Beatty, he was never considered a first round talent until after the combine, another workout warrior.

Edit:

Regarding CBs who don't fit the cover 2, weren't you one of the biggest proponents of signing Chris Carr, whose main draw is the ability to return kicks, and his speed? Kick returners are usually heralded for their shiftiness and quick feet, not their toughness or stoutness.

[/quote]
    You are probably correct about a good player fitting in no matter what the scheme, however, traditionally, I've found that that is kindof limited to guys in the top of the draft and not down in the bottom half.
    Guys drafted down in that level tend to be picked because they fit the scheme of the team that is selecting them.

As to what the Lions are doing, nothing specific.
    Just rumors and stuff from blogs and insider notes. About as credible as the stuff that is out there about LB'rs that they have had in for visits.

On a side note, I do love discussing who is better (a certain OT over another OT) but that really isn't the focus of what I am trying to do here and because I don't follow college ball, guys like you probably know way more than I do about certain players, especially if they were on your favorite team.

Lots of threads out there (including a Carr thread) to discuss that kindof stuff.

"Mr" wrote:
    You should never expect anything out of first year players, whether they're Joe Thomas, Vernon Gholston, or Dan Marino.

We've been spoiled by 2 of the best rookies ever. Don't expect it, ever. Hope all you want, but don't be surprised when it doesn't happen.
    Well, not quite.
    As I just told JJ, guys taken in the top part of the draft, there is a huge expectation that they will be immediate impact kindof guys.
    If they get it wrong it really hurts thier team not only for this year but for several years to come.

That is why I really watch the top teams on any changes in coaching staffs, changes in schemes, who they have in for visits, who the agent is for the players they for visits - are they agents for higher profile guys etc etc etc.

All pieces to the puzzle.

Long story short, I kindof do my mocks a bit different than just throwing in the highest ranked guy or my favorite college player.

Much more fun that way...... ;D

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast