Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Marrdro's 7 Round Mock Draft

Good stuff my friend. Good stuff indeed.

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Oakland - Al Daivs is a nut and loves workout wonders!! I think if they go LT it will be:

My Pick:

Bruce Campbell- Combine freak-nuff said!!
    Alot of people are going wtih Campbell there and I wouldn't be to suprised to see that happen, however, I think Big Al, if he wants JR to suceed, needs to do the smart thing and address the OL with someone a bit more ready that Campbell is.

Additionally, I tried to put guys were they are slotted/slated/projected. I think this is a bit high for Campbell, however, as I said, we are talking about Davis here. When he loves a guy he takes him regardless.

Buffalo- While many pick Clausen here I have a feeling they will go in another direction. Here's why, it doesn't matter who you have back there if they can't stay upright. I think they will draft a LT and fix the line first.

My Pick:

Anthony Davis
    Clausen is one of those cats that can go just about anyplace. If the rumors are true (Cleveland moves up to 1 from 7) then maybe the Rams are looking to take Clausen at 7.

SF- I think they pick a S but I don't believe Mayes goes before Thomas. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas go in the top ten.

My Pick:

Earl Thomas

GB-D*mn it! Quit giving my most hated team the player that I want most! Purely for selfish reasons I think they will take a LT.

My Pick:

Charles Brown
    I struggled with the whole Mays vs Thomas thing. Just not sure who to believe. For this drill I took the one slotted the highest on most boards.

As to Brown. He is moving up, but I'm not sure he moves up that far.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 wrote:
    The only question I have in the second round is with Lee who I think he is better suited to a 4-3 alignment. But who knows, Belicheck is a very good talent evaluator, if they select him I am sure he will fit in well in a 3-4 scheme.
    You are probably correct in that assesment. I kindof keyed in on what Gil Brandt said about him in the analysis.....

Lee has to convince scouts he has NFL-caliber speed and strength, but his intelligence and toughness are virtually unquestioned. His ability to play inside and outside in any scheme should see him selected before the end of the third round.
    Kindof thought he was a natural fit for Beicheat as you said.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 wrote:
    1st - Brian Price- Great pick!! Very disruptive, good at the point of attack. Good run stuffer!! He will fit in well with our D
    I hope he falls that far. Troup goes before our pick in the 2nd and there isn't many DT's that can provide immediate help in this draft. I did several versions of the first two rounds and in some instances I had him up in the middle of the round.

Good thing for us, and this will make Mars happy, if he does go up there, there are 3 or 4 CB's that should be at 30 for the picking.

2nd- Dominique Franks- I like this pick also.I am a big Nebraska fan and have seen many 12 games. He is a great value pick in the second round. Very good speed, good cover skills & he is not afraid to mix it up with a WR.
    I found that there are some very interesting CB's in this draft. I bet that it is the most picked position this year as I said above, there are alot of them in this draft.

3rd- Navarro Bowman- I love Bowman, he is a hitter and he is a playmaker on the weakside. He plays WILL so we would have to move Greenway to SAM! (Alternaitve- LeFeuvor)
    I would have never plugged him in except someone told me that Chad played the SAM in college.

I like Lefevour as well. Just didn't see anyone really coveting QB's between here and Skelton. Opted to go with "Need" at the OLB position hoping Skelton would still be there later. If not, Robinson, Kafka or Canfield could be later options as well.

4th- Skelton - Good value pick! (I may draft LeFeuvor in the third or trade up in this round to grab him). If it were me I would keep Bowman and trade up this round!
    If only I were brave enough to try to figure trades into this thing.....

JK, Not a bad idea. We do have an extra pick. Even though we can't use Comp picks, the extra one would allow us to move one we can.

5th- Angerer- I love this pick, he is great value at this point and insurance just in case EJ does not return to form.
    He is another one I hope is there. Lots of teams looking at ILB and FS this year.

5th- Straks- My first disagreement. I really like that Tony Washington LT for ACU. If not for some concerns he would have a 2-3 round grade. And we can groom him to replace Mount Cellulite!
    I almost plugged in Blount here, but didn't even consider any of the LT's especially Tony.

From CBS......
    High School: Convicted as a sex offender in high school due to a consensual incestuous relationship with his sister.
    The last two not much up on them so I would have to go with your wisdom and say good picks.

Overall I would be very happy if the draft played out that way. Great draft for the Vikes Marr!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:
    I would be very happy if it fell this way. Truth of the matter is, even if we go with anything other than QB at 30, it should fall for us to get good players at each of these positions someplace in the draft.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Oakland - Al Daivs is a nut and loves workout wonders!! I think if they go LT it will be:

My Pick:

Alot of people are going wtih Campbell there and I wouldn't be to suprised to see that happen, however, I think Big Al, if he wants JR to suceed, needs to do the smart thing and address the OL with someone a bit more ready that Campbell is.

Additionally, I tried to put guys were they are slotted/slated/projected. I think this is a bit high for Campbell, however, as I said, we are talking about Davis here. When he loves a guy he takes him regardless.

Buffalo- While many pick Clausen here I have a feeling they will go in another direction. Here's why, it doesn't matter who you have back there if they can't stay upright. I think they will draft a LT and fix the line first.

My Pick:

Anthony Davis
    Clausen is one of those cats that can go just about anyplace. If the rumors are true (Cleveland moves up to 1 from 7) then maybe the Rams are looking to take Clausen at 7.

SF- I think they pick a S but I don't believe Mayes goes before Thomas. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas go in the top ten.

My Pick:

Earl Thomas

GB-D*mn it! Quit giving my most hated team the player that I want most! Purely for selfish reasons I think they will take a LT.

My Pick:

Charles Brown
    [b]I struggled with the whole Mays vs Thomas thing. Just not sure who to believe. For this drill I took the one slotted the highest on most boards.[/b]

Most boards I have seen do not have Thomas rated any lower than 2. Some boards have him as the #1 safety. Mayock I believe yesterday stated that he thinks that Thomas may go in the top ten as well as Berry. That would be the first time in the history of the NFL that two safeties were drafted in the top ten!!

Mays I do not think warrants a high 1st round grade. I think teams that need S help may go for him in the late first early second. I hear teams like Phlly, Dallas, Arizona & yes the Vikes may take a chance on him in the first but I don't believe he will go any higher than Tenn.

One caveat to that would be if Seattle were to select him and that is only because the USC connection!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

tarkenton10 wrote:

My Pick:

My Pick:

Anthony Davis

My Pick:

Earl Thomas

My Pick:

Charles Brown
    [b]I struggled with the whole Mays vs Thomas thing. Just not sure who to believe. For this drill I took the one slotted the highest on most boards.[/b]

Most boards I have seen do not have Thomas rated any lower than 2. Some boards have him as the #1 safety. Mayock I believe yesterday stated that he thinks that Thomas may go in the top ten as well as Berry. That would be the first time in the history of the NFL that two safeties were drafted in the top ten!!

Mays I do not think warrants a high 1st round grade. I think teams that need S help may go for him in the late first early second. I hear teams like Phlly, Dallas, Arizona & yes the Vikes may take a chance on him in the first but I don't believe he will go any higher than Tenn.

One caveat to that would be if Seattle were to select him and that is only because the USC connection!
    I didn't even consider the USC connection. Damn.....I'm off my game this year, thats for sure.

Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    1st - Brian Price- Great pick!! Very disruptive, good at the point of attack. Good run stuffer!! He will fit in well with our D
    I hope he falls that far. Troup goes before our pick in the 2nd and there isn't many DT's that can provide immediate help in this draft. I did several versions of the first two rounds and in some instances I had him up in the middle of the round.

Good thing for us, and this will make Mars happy, if he does go up there, there are 3 or 4 CB's that should be at 30 for the picking.

2nd- Dominique Franks- I like this pick also.I am a big Nebraska fan and have seen many 12 games. He is a great value pick in the second round. Very good speed, good cover skills & he is not afraid to mix it up with a WR.
    I found that there are some very interesting CB's in this draft. I bet that it is the most picked position this year as I said above, there are alot of them in this draft.

3rd- Navarro Bowman- I love Bowman, he is a hitter and he is a playmaker on the weakside. He plays WILL so we would have to move Greenway to SAM! (Alternaitve- LeFeuvor)
    I would have never plugged him in except someone told me that Chad played the SAM in college.

I like Lefevour as well. Just didn't see anyone really coveting QB's between here and Skelton. Opted to go with "Need" at the OLB position hoping Skelton would still be there later. If not, Robinson, Kafka or Canfield could be later options as well.

4th- Skelton - Good value pick! (I may draft LeFeuvor in the third or trade up in this round to grab him). If it were me I would keep Bowman and trade up this round!

JK, Not a bad idea. We do have an extra pick. Even though we can't use Comp picks, the extra one would allow us to move one we can.

5th- Angerer- I love this pick, he is great value at this point and insurance just in case EJ does not return to form.
    He is another one I hope is there. Lots of teams looking at ILB and FS this year.

5th- Straks- My first disagreement. I really like that Tony Washington LT for ACU. If not for some concerns he would have a 2-3 round grade. And we can groom him to replace Mount Cellulite!
    I almost plugged in Blount here, but didn't even consider any of the LT's especially Tony.

From CBS......
    High School: Convicted as a sex offender in high school due to a consensual incestuous relationship with his sister.
    The last two not much up on them so I would have to go with your wisdom and say good picks.

Overall I would be very happy if the draft played out that way. Great draft for the Vikes Marr!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be very happy if it fell this way. Truth of the matter is, even if we go with anything other than QB at 30, it should fall for us to get good players at each of these positions someplace in the draft.
    Very good stuff my friend!! Ha! HA!

I know about the sexual assault by Washington but that was in high school and he has been nothing but a great player and citizen at ACU! And that is why I said he was a 2-3 round talent that waon't go until the 5th!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:

From CBS......

Very good stuff my friend!! Ha! HA!

I know about the sexual assault by Washington but that was in high school and he has been nothing but a great player and citizen at ACU! And that is why I said he was a 2-3 round talent that waon't go until the 5th!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    LOL this is going to be fun. DT?!
    I thought you would get a kick out of it. So far I've had McCoy there (to high), Pouncey (not that big of a need) and 4 CB's.

For the life of me I can't figure out whats going to happen this year.

Completely baffled.
    G not that big of a need?! Apparently you forgot who we brought in. G will be drafted high. I am guessing CB and G will be 1st and 2nd. I am just not sure if it will be G,CB or CB,G.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    I thought you would get a kick out of it. So far I've had McCoy there (to high), Pouncey (not that big of a need) and 4 CB's.

Completely baffled.
    G not that big of a need?! Apparently you forgot who we brought in. G will be drafted high. I am guessing CB and G will be 1st and 2nd. I am just not sure if it will be G,CB or CB,G.
    Nope, I haven't forgot who we brought in. Truth of the matter is I even know who else those cats visisted.....Do you? :P

All kidding aside, I am in complete agreement with you but when I ran this one up, it just didn't fall that way.

Again, your concern over G can be as easily translated to my concern over DT right?

2 starters that have played the same position in this scheme for a few years. A backup that has started at RT and filled in for LG and RG that also took reps at C in camp.

How is that different than the DT position?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Completely baffled.
    Nope, I haven't forgot who we brought in. Truth of the matter is I even know who else those cats visisted.....Do you? :P

All kidding aside, I am in complete agreement with you but when I ran this one up, it just didn't fall that way.

Again, your concern over G can be as easily translated to my concern over DT right?

2 starters that have played the same position in this scheme for a few years. A backup that has started at RT and filled in for LG and RG that also took reps at C in camp.

How is that different than the DT position?
    LMFAO! Other teams that guys visit has nothing to do with need. Are you seriously saying that your position is the same as mine. Listen to the rest on PPO. I am hearing way more G than DT. So to answer your question. No.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast