Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Marrdro's 2009 Roster Analysis - Position Breakdown

"marstc09" wrote:
    You have absolutely lost your mind if you think Center is our biggest team need!
    OK.......Thanks for that....... What do you think it is?
    P'r?
    ;D ;D ;D

JK, I just don't see this team going anywere unless we can solidify our passing attack.
    To me, that starts with the OL and within that area, the Center position.

Comeon, feel free to convince me otherwise.....By the way, I know you did one of these things last year.
    Are you gonna again this year?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Excellent input my friend...

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I think its going to be very difficult to bring in a Veteran QB then draft another QB and keep him on the roster. If we are going to bring in a veteran QB we are way better off not drafting a QB instead of letting him go on the waivers to be picked up by another team. In bringing a veteran in we should look only to undrafted FA QB's to come in for training camp competition.

All QB's are in a sense are developmental guys but John David Booty has been claimed by many as a QB ready to come in and play. He's not a developmental QB or a raw talent and it better be a really high draft pick for him to get cut, highly unlikely.
    I see what you are saying, however, I still believe that the QB position needs to be addressed each and every year even if you have a stable of QB's that appear to fit the system.

In essence, draft a kid you like, if he is better than your lowest cat, let the lowest cat go.
    Don't fall in love with them just cause of were you drafted him.

Seriously, we have picks to burn this year and QB is arguably our worst position.
    Why not use one of those picks if you don't use one or two on a Vet?

IMO Ben Leber is good in the pass gaming, he's also good in the run game but he definitly missed some important tackles this season. He's an all around solid LB.
    Agree.
    Don't see much issue with our starters.
    Its the depth behind them that really concerns me....

As far as I know other than the concussion Erin Henderson got against the Saints he was healthy the entire season. I don't think he made the team based on colligant play but tremendous preseason play where he was all over the field and cause more than one fumble.
    Hmmmm, he sure was pretty much silent the rest of the year after that.

David Herron played the whole season with us, started some at LB but mostly on punt coverage, had some nice tackles but messed up some great opportunities to down the ball inside the one yard line. More trouble than what he's worth.
    As with Erin, just lost track of the guy.
    Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Kenny Onatolu is smallish LB, went to college in Nebraska-Omaha, was an undrafted FA, went to play in the Canadian league where he started off slow then became a beast. He looks like a very good specail teamer, we could have definitly used him this year instead of David Herron. Great competition for camp next season.
    I will add him to my short list.

Great Job on your breakdown, I agreed with almost everything.
    Thanks my friend.
    More to come.....

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    You have absolutely lost your mind if you think Center is our biggest team need!
    Its certainly not the biggest need but a need, I don't think Cook is suited for the position. Sullivan is likely the starter with the heads up on the playbook, his intelligence, ect. A backup Center through the draft or in FA would likely be the best option. There could also be a Center in FA they really like but I doubt someone they like more than Sullivan.
    When I say "need", it doesn't automatically mean we draft a guy or sign a vet.
    Our young cats are part of that solution.

Truth of the matter is I bet the FO is looking at all options (FA, Draft, Roster) as a possible solution for replacing our current C if in fact he goes anyplace.

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    ARRRGHHH
    great wall of text

my eyes hurt , please add more spaces in between groups

you got most of them but during the second post i felt like i was in the matrix
    :P
    Yea, the document I cut/pasted from didn't cutover well.

"V4L" wrote:
    Holy I just read all that

Not too much I disagree on

I gotta say I like Mr.Anderson's approch.. However I want it to be a semi-big name proven WR.. Not a rookie
    LOL, I can't believe how big this one was this year.

;D

I'm thinking Bryant Johnson....

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, I'll have to read that later, my eyes are bleeding.
    Did you take the "how to post" class from ragz?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    Wow, I'll have to read that later, my eyes are bleeding.
    Did you take the "how to post" class from ragz?
    It looked alot better in word...... ;D

VikingLance is offline Starter

Hey, thanks for the read.
    It's great to have some sort of idea of what the Vike's may do/needs this offseason.
    I'd rather hear it from you guys than anything on TV/web.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Its certainly not the biggest need but a need, I don't think Cook is suited for the position. Sullivan is likely the starter with the heads up on the playbook, his intelligence, ect. A backup Center through the draft or in FA would likely be the best option. There could also be a Center in FA they really like but I doubt someone they like more than Sullivan.

Truth of the matter is I bet the FO is looking at all options (FA, Draft, Roster) as a possible solution for replacing our current C if in fact he goes anyplace.
    So why is OT not in that list of "needs"?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

So why is OT not in that list of "needs"?
    Did you read my OL breakdowns?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast