Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Marrdro's 2009 Roster Analysis - Position Breakdown

You have absolutely lost your mind if you think Center is our biggest team need!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

You have absolutely lost your mind if you think Center is our biggest team need!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think its going to be very difficult to bring in a Veteran QB then draft another QB and keep him on the roster. If we are going to bring in a veteran QB we are way better off not drafting a QB instead of letting him go on the waivers to be picked up by another team. In bringing a veteran in we should look only to undrafted FA QB's to come in for training camp competition.

All QB's are in a sense are developmental guys but John David Booty has been claimed by many as a QB ready to come in and play. He's not a developmental QB or a raw talent and it better be a really high draft pick for him to get cut, highly unlikely.

IMO Ben Leber is good in the pass gaming, he's also good in the run game but he definitly missed some important tackles this season. He's an all around solid LB.

As far as I know other than the concussion Erin Henderson got against the Saints he was healthy the entire season. I don't think he made the team based on colligant play but tremendous preseason play where he was all over the field and cause more than one fumble.

David Herron played the whole season with us, started some at LB but mostly on punt coverage, had some nice tackles but messed up some great opportunities to down the ball inside the one yard line. More trouble than what he's worth.

Kenny Onatolu is smallish LB, went to college in Nebraska-Omaha, was an undrafted FA, went to play in the Canadian league where he started off slow then became a beast. He looks like a very good specail teamer, we could have definitly used him this year instead of David Herron. Great competition for camp next season.

Great Job on your breakdown, I agreed with almost everything.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    Its certainly not the biggest need but a need, I don't think Cook is suited for the position. Sullivan is likely the starter with the heads up on the playbook, his intelligence, ect. A backup Center through the draft or in FA would likely be the best option. There could also be a Center in FA they really like but I doubt someone they like more than Sullivan.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Holy I just read all that

Not too much I disagree on

I gotta say I like Mr.Anderson's approch.. However I want it to be a semi-big name proven WR.. Not a rookie

ARRRGHHH
    great wall of text

my eyes hurt , please add more spaces in between groups

you got most of them but during the second post i felt like i was in the matrix
    :P

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    Awesome work Marrdro. Move yourself up on the spreadsheet.
    Thanks my friend.
    This is exactly what I am looking for.
    Next post will be anticipated 53 man roster with wholes/possible candidates and then the Mock draft..... Input like this will help me alot as I work towards those...

To replace Birk at center we bring in Jason Brown. I know you're concerned with Cook's height, as am I. I don't see us moving him back to center, but instead we keep him as a backup to Gross/Colombo/whoever we bring in.
    I hope they opt for a Vet C.
    I will look at Brown.
    Is he a Zone guy?
    We promote from within at safety, Tyrell Johnson... although according to NFLDraftCountdown.com we were looking at safety Louis Delmas at the Senior Bowl. He should be around in the late 2nd or 3rd round in this weak safety class. We would need the depth if Sharper walks.

Quarterback... I really don't know. My belief is that no matter who we have behind center we won't see significant improvement.
    Why might I ask?
    I believe about the same thing but base that belief on the rest of the offensive play around him, whoever that "Him" might be, especially the OL.
    Until we improve our pass protection our QB's won't have much time to do anything.

Wide receivers.
    I'm partial towards Kenny Britt of Rutgers, and would love for us to pick him up in the draft. I really think he's a can't miss guy. I played against him in high school once, and watched him play at Rutgers in person for 2 years,
    Thanks for the insight.
    I will check him out.
    Of course you know my next question.....Who goes from the roster?

Linebackers, we looked at Clint Sintim yesterday at the Senior Bowl.
    Watched him again last night on NFLN.
    WOW.......He would be a nice pick for us if he slips to 23 but think he will be gone long before that based on what I am seeing and what guys like Mayock are saying.....

After the Super Bowl and I do some more draft research I'll make my annual super post similar to this one, so Marrdro like TO says "Get your popcorn ready." Bring a few beasts as well, it's probably gonna be another hulk of a read.
    Looking forward to it my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Way to break it down Marrdro, it's going to be very interesting to see what kinda moves we make, who stays and who goes, will Gordo, and EJ be ready for camp, as always a few surprises. Gonna be a great offseason. We can use Marr's template here to speculate what moves we may make in FA, and then the draft to address what we didn't by trading or in FA.
    Thanks my friend.
    As I told Mr. A.
    Next post will be the anticipated 53 man roster (based on what we have today) and the wholes associated with that with possible candidates to fill those wholes.....

Don't ya just love this time of year..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Excellent work as usual my good man.
    I will get little more in depth as this thread rolls along, but overall I agree mostly with your assesment.
    With all signs pointing to Birk leaving, I think the C position will be the cornerstone to our offseason activity.
    We may not pick up one C, but what we do with that position (sullivan, cook, FA, draft) will be our rudder to the offseason.

More to come later.. .
    Thanks.
    Looking forward to your cut and take on all the young guys...... ;D

"gregair13" wrote:
    I am way too tired to read that whole thing, but once I do, I will make as many comments on it as I can. Great work bro.
    Thanks my friend.
    No rush.
    It is gonna be a long offseason.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast