Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SamDawg84 Guest

Re: MARONEY OR WILLIAMS OR WHITE????

why draft a qb? we got daunte and brad? and why get rid of ted?

SamDawg84 Guest

y is there doubles?

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

White. He is a bigger back with good speed. They say he is a better Duece Staley. He is like 230 lbs where as the rest are just over 200 lbs. All I know is what I have read on LenDale, but it sounds like he has the potential to be a better back than most coming out of the draft. Needs a good coach to develop him.

And as far as a feature back, wasn't he more or less the feature back at USC? Just not as versatile as Busch? Like I said, I know only what I've read.

Bottom line, Vikes have 205 lb running backs all over the place. We need a big guy that can do some pounding as well as opening up some speed. Let me add that Mewelde is a great back and we need to keep him, but we need a true bruiser. A 200 lb back, with the exception of Moe, is not a bruiser. So regardless of O line issues, lets draft a RB. The lineman can be picked up in free agency.

Oh ya, get a QB, too for when Brad retires.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    Remember, like Reggie Bush, White also hasn't proven he can be a feature back.
    Didn't they say that about Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams last year? Those guys turned out ok

And I'd take LenDale. He just reminds me so much of Larry Johnson, who is a decent RB with Kansas City :lol:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'd rather go O-lineman with it.. Or safety.. I REALLY want Darnell Bing.. We need a young safety..

I would rather go and get Jamal or Ricky before drafting a back

I dont think we will get Williams. I think Maroney will be right there at 17 but I am not sure we will take him a running back in the first round. I would like to see Maroney. White I dont know to much about because all the hype goes to Bush.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I've watched all of them ball.. And if we go RB u would have to go Williams.. Here's why..

He ran behind a CRAPPY line.. And had a QB that played WR at the beggining of the year.. He still put up the numbers and the most 100 yard games ALL-TIME!

Maroney has alot of tools to work with.. Great vision.. extremely fast.. And can run ya over if he has to.. But Williams is better all around

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Deangelo is sick and would truley be a steal if he fell to 17. Lendale will take the field 2marro night and you guys will all get the opportunity to see what he can do. Hes the Thunder to Reggie bush's Lightning. Hes truly a beast with great break away speed.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"KJ" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    Remember, like Reggie Bush, White also hasn't proven he can be a feature back.
    Didn't they say that about Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams last year? Those guys turned out ok

And I'd take LenDale. He just reminds me so much of Larry Johnson, who is a decent RB with Kansas City :lol:
    Neither of them have proven squat yet either. None of the college athletes have and that is why I do not like to chime in with "this guy will be good" and so forth. Plenty of great talent has come out of college and picked right away...but they just were not cut for the NFL.

College players + Draft = crapshoot.

:wink:

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Maroney. He is both physical and speedy. Williams is obviously better but he just won't be on the board when we draft.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast