Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: MARONEY OR WILLIAMS OR WHITE????

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "napo58" wrote:
    No really need for a runningback. O line is where its at.
    Disagree. I don't have the patience for a rookie O-lineman. I really hope we address that in free agency. In the draft I'm hoping for a running back or a safety that can contribute right away.

We will address the O-line with a fat contract to Hutchinson. Seattle won't be able to afford him, with the huge chunk of change they are gonna have to give alexander and the big dough they gave walter jones last off-season. I'm fine with marcus johnson at RT and Fonoti(assuming we resign him) at LG.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"sabatajh" wrote:
    Well Williams is obviously the best choice but he's a top ten back so he won't fall to 17.

Maroney is a better choice than white, he has way more speed. which fits in to our offense more than a bruiser would, besides we have a bruiser his name is ciatrick.

As far as people saying maroney isn't a featured back then they havn't watched many Gopher games. he averages about 20-25 carries a game and has carried the ball 30+ times in 3 games. and 40 times twice.

I think maroney is the a complete back he has speed he's elusive and he breaks alot of tackles

281 1464 5.2 93 10 17 170 10.0 37 1 0 0
    Fason does not = bruiser back .... just look at all the goal line opportunities he had this year where he got stuffed. I was hoping he would be one, but didn't look it at all this year.

I myself saw every, and I do mean every Gopher game last year and this year. I was saying with our current "O" line, L. White would fit better ... now, who knows what will be done in F/A this offseason .. but assessing the "current" situation ... White fits the bill well and is also different from what MeMo brings to the table. Maroney is too much like MeMo for us to take another back that provides the same "package" a H.C. develops for individual players on the field.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    "napo58" wrote:
    Disagree. I don't have the patience for a rookie O-lineman. I really hope we address that in free agency. In the draft I'm hoping for a running back or a safety that can contribute right away.

We will address the O-line with a fat contract to Hutchinson. Seattle won't be able to afford him, with the huge chunk of change they are gonna have to give alexander and the big dough they gave walter jones last off-season. I'm fine with marcus johnson at RT and Fonoti(assuming we resign him) at LG.
    I agree with getting Hutchinson to help shore up our O-line but wonder why you would put him at RG when he has been a multiple pro bowler as a LG which is where we would play him at and put Fonoti on the right side.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Since some people just never seem to get the point.... I'll post it again. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SOLID LINE IN ORDER TO CREATE HOLES FOR THE BACK. SO STOP WITH THE "our running backs suck" takes and our answers will be solved with a good back BS. SHORE UP THE LINE!!!!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"hovan" wrote:
    Since some people just never seem to get the point.... I'll post it again. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SOLID LINE IN ORDER TO CREATE HOLES FOR THE BACK. SO STOP WITH THE "our running backs suck" takes and our answers will be solved with a good back BS. SHORE UP THE LINE!!!!
    That's not what this topic is about, it's about who out of these three you'd rather see the vikings draft. Not which will they or anything for sure. Just more of a what if thing.

Once we get a solid line Moore will run the ball all over anybody.
    ;-)

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"hovan" wrote:
    Nobody's sayin our running backs suck, it's just a "what if" thread, geez....

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"hovan" wrote:
    It's doubtful the line will be shored up next season simply by adding a rookie lineman.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"napo58" wrote:
    I agree with this statement 100% Yet if I'm to pick I'm going to go out on a limb and say Calhoun of Wisconsin, not because I'm from these parts and get to see him, but he is very fast, elusive, and I have yet to see him get hit square on by anyone, and this is in the Big Ten where the level is just a step below the pro's well except when you play Illinois or Indiana, but I digress and you get the point.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

"napo58" wrote:
    Thats the best thing I have read in this post and the truth. I like all three backs but we need O line to ever give the good backs we do have a chance.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Only Barry Sanders can run without a line. Cart before the horse. And with all the changes we have coming on, RB has to be last on the list. I am far more concerned over even special teams than RB. If you have a line my grandma "Bless her" can run for 1k. The rest of the nine yards....we will see.

While this is a "wish list" thread, can you really overlook things like Head Coach, QB, O-Line, DC, OC, drafting well, Linebackers, LB coach, etc? I think not. We will not run well without an O-Line. We will not win games without a good DC. We will be as bad as before without an OC. And even with Reggie Bush for instance, we won't run well, without calling a run.

Cart before the horse. I think we should draft a MLB first round, and that won't help any without a DC. And LB coach. It will be a fun offseason. Perhaps more fun than last offseason.

I vote Reggie Bush. That vote is as out there as this thread of wish lists. There is much more to concern ourselves with than *if* we draft a first round back, which is better, *if* we don't trade up, *if* we draft well, *if* the people drafting have clue one...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast