Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: MARONEY OR WILLIAMS OR WHITE????

No really need for a runningback. O line is where its at.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"napo58" wrote:
    It seems that i finally agree with you napo. lol but i think this is just a who would you like best thing if you had the choice.
    ;-)

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Well, if they were all there at 17, we'd be crazy to pass up a back like williams. But at 17, we are probably gonna get the choice of white or maroney. While I like both backs, I think Maroney is slightly a better choice. Remember, like Reggie Bush, White also hasn't proven he can be a feature back. Just because he is a bigger back, doesn't mean he can take the pounding and stay strong throughout the game and stay healthy. That is something Maroney has proven already. While I think both will be good NFL backs, I just think Maroney is gonna be a stud RB in the NFL.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    Well, if they were all there at 17, we'd be crazy to pass up a back like williams. But at 17, we are probably gonna get the choice of white or maroney. While I like both backs, I think Maroney is slightly a better choice. Remember, like Reggie Bush, White also hasn't proven he can be a feature back. Just because he is a bigger back, doesn't mean he can take the pounding and stay strong throughout the game and stay healthy. That is something Maroney has proven already. While I think both will be good NFL backs, I just think Maroney is gonna be a stud RB in the NFL.

Homer !!!! :lol: (and i'm not talking about your sig)

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:

Doh!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Maroney or White would be good, but we need O-line!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"napo58" wrote:
    Disagree. I don't have the patience for a rookie O-lineman. I really hope we address that in free agency. In the draft I'm hoping for a running back or a safety that can contribute right away.

[color=red]

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:

Doh!

I like Maroney myself .... but it all depends on the new philosophy of the new H.C. ... But looking at our current "O" line (which is all we really have to go off of ) .... I like L. White. I think he will be the banger back all NFL teams look for. Then bring in MeMo or Fason for the "off" downs once White is ready to carry the majority of the load.

sabatajh is offline Rookie

Well Williams is obviously the best choice but he's a top ten back so he won't fall to 17.

Maroney is a better choice than white, he has way more speed. which fits in to our offense more than a bruiser would, besides we have a bruiser his name is ciatrick.

As far as people saying maroney isn't a featured back then they havn't watched many Gopher games. he averages about 20-25 carries a game and has carried the ball 30+ times in 3 games. and 40 times twice.

I think maroney is the a complete back he has speed he's elusive and he breaks alot of tackles

281 1464 5.2 93 10 17 170 10.0 37 1 0 0

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Agreed, being able to handle that many carries is very impressive. I think he'll be a great NFL back.
    ;-)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast